Vista password?

swpauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a newb, but what the heck is a Vista password? My AW password doesn't work to get me in to the SYW forum, my cookie history has been erased and I'm still stuck. Please advise. Thank you so much.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
vista is the password for SYW, and I believe it is case sensitive.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The password needed to get into SYW is "vista". If you try to enter SYW it should ask you to enter it. This is separate from the AW password that is needed for you to log on to the AW forums overall.

I hope that makes sense!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since Vista is also an operating system on many computers, its use as a password (which predated the OS, didn't it?) is sometimes confusing. Maybe some day it'll change. I nominate it's=it is/it has. Good thing for writers to know!

Maryn, who's seen this confusion before ("But I run XP, so how can I use a Vista password?")

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As noted in the description for Share Your Work:
The password for this forum is: vista
This is pretty straightforward. The forum requires a password, and that password is identified. Personally, I don't see a need to change the password since it would only be a pain in the butt for the hundreds of folks who've been using that password for years. Any occasional confusion can quickly be cleared up by a quick request for clarification in a spot like this. :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

We're not going to change the password for SYW. We had it first; Microsoft just copied us.

They have this thing about copying Macs in Redmond . . .