I have two new bottles and a new bill v. Water Cooler

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, so a couple of months ago, I bought myself one of those nifty little water coolers that you hoist a 5 gallon jug of water up onto and it keeps some of it cool and all you have to do is push down on the little lever to get you a nice, cool, refreshing glass of water.

I own the cooler. It's mine whether I order water or not. But instead of hassling myself with going up to the gap to get water (there's a gap nearby that people fill jugs with and it's really good water), I opted to get four jugs from the water cooler company to keep in rotation.

But it works like this. I have four jugs, and in the 28 day period between deliveries, I usually go through 2 of them (sometimes more, sometimes less). But the idea is, that I leave the empty jugs on my porch and the delivery people leave replacements for however many I put out there. So if I leave two empty jugs, they leave two full jugs.

Well today is delivery day, and I haven't paid the bill from last time (which I was gonna do friday but didn't have time). I didn't leave any jugs outside.

But when I stepped outside to go to work, there were two jugs on my porch. I was a little taken aback because it was so early (like 7AM), but moreso because I didn't leave any jugs out which means they shouldn't have left me any new jugs.

So now I have 6 jugs and I am going to have to make a special trip to get rid of two of them so I am not paying "deposits" on two extra jugs.

There really is no point to this post other than to express my flabberghastednessliness.

but hey, I has water. I has cool refreshing water. I am an oasis. This is kinda nice.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Silly me, I use the faucet.

Maryn, practical

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
My refrigerator, in its mysterious benevolence, dispenses cold, filtered water. I am often in awe of the power my refrigerator has to create water, not just keep it cold or freeze it into cubes. It's, frankly, some kind of miracle.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
*Looks thoughtfully out at her snow-covered front yard*

Hmmm...

NEW! ALL-NATURAL ARCTIC BLAST SPRING WATER! FLASH-FROZEN IN THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE FOR ULTIMATE PURITY AND DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR (and your driveway, your roof, your back deck, the road, etc., etc., etc...)

(Sorry. :) Just trying to find something funny in this mess outside...)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Silly me, I use the faucet.

Maryn, practical

My refrigerator, in its mysterious benevolence, dispenses cold, filtered water. I am often in awe of the power my refrigerator has to create water, not just keep it cold or freeze it into cubes. It's, frankly, some kind of miracle.

:roll:

I live in town and am on city water.

I'd sooner drink piss.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to get one of those thingymajiggies but the thought of lifting a 5 gallon bottle of water kills my back.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to get one of those thingymajiggies but the thought of lifting a 5 gallon bottle of water kills my back.

You could always rig a system of levers and pullies.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crank up the heat bring in the wading pool and fill 'er up

531.gif

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
We have those same bottles delivered but my delivery guys have to carry them up four flights of stairs. Yes, I tip them (the men, not the water).