Post formatting tool -- supreme

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
I was looking for something much less spectacular when I tripped over BB Code Writer. It is the most complete, user-friendly, flexible, [insert superlative words here] post editing tool I have ever seen.

The only important feature that it lacks (in my humbly vision-impaired opinion) is a direct way to change the editor font size. However, since the font size is specified in a file called BBCodeWriter.ini, right at the top:
Code:
[Preferences]
EdtFontSize=8
You will find the INI file in the BBCodeWriter folder, C:\Program Files\AHK BBCodeWriter by default.
Open the file in a text editor (Notepad), change the "8" to a higher number (try 12 to start out), save it, then open BBCodeWriter and see if it suits your peepers.

It even has a preview! This will not show some special vBulletin tags, which you can add to the custom toolbar. The custom tag bar is very easy to manage. Find more bb code tags here.

I notice that it lacks a built-in font-name tagger. This is good, because specifying fonts can make a post very difficult to read. Generic forum defaults are intended for online reading. The fonts that you are probably torturing your eyes with in Word are intended for printing. Monitor screen and paper are totally different media.