PDA

View Full Version : I am an island in a sea of misery

Perks
02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
And I a-skeered.

My youngest is on day two of a 103 degree fever, cough, and body aches. Her big sister is showing signs of pulling a monkey-see-monkey-do and keeps asking for a neti pot while turning funny, splotchy colors.

And my husband, who in our fourteen year acquaintance had only ever thrown up once, lost his dinner, lunch, and everything he's eaten since the winter solstice in an unprecedented attempt to turn himself inside out all last night and this morning.

I'm torn between my feeble nurturing instincts and the desire to hose down each of their wakes in a cloud of Lysol. That is of course, if I can resist grabbing my purse and my laptop and fleeing the scene altogether.

I've never been the last man standing in a house full of virus. What should I do?

Soccer Mom
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Do? Just wait for the germs to stalk you and bring you down.

Srsly, I am often last man standing at my house. If fact, I often don't get sick when everyone else does.

alleycat
02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
What should I do?
Take a vacation by yourself to the Bahamas.

;-)

Shadow_Ferret
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Get a surgical mask and hose it down with Lysol.

Put on plastic gloves.

Lock yourself in a room with the door edges sealed with duct tape and don't come out for about 7 days. Oh, and seal off the ventilation to that room, too.

Perks
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
You're trying to kill me, aren't you, Ed?

jst5150
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
There's always euthenasia. Can you run a hose from the tailpipe of the car into the living room?

That aside, ritualistic sacrifce works on occasion. It's brought me rain today.

Shadow_Ferret
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
You're trying to kill me, aren't you, Ed?
Now why would I do that, Perks? ;)

robeiae
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
What should I do?
Have another martini. Alcohol kills germs.

Perks
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Yay!

Jersey Chick
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes - drink many martinins - disinfects inside and out! :D

I'm almost always the last man standing. And when the germs take me down, everyone is like, "Oh... poor Mom... Wait??? Does this mean you're NOT cooking dinner tonight??? Hold it... you want to take a NAP? But... but... what about us...???"

I'll sell the lot of them to anyone here for a quarter. Seriously.

Perks
02-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I drank martinis yesterday afternoon and took my own picture. I can't do that two days in a row. It'll start looking like a career opportunity and then there goes my credibility.

Don't say it.

Don't say it!

alleycat
02-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Don't think of this as a problem, think of it as a "plot generator". ;-)

Perhaps the start of an Agatha Christie type story. A wife wants to kill her husband, but, of course, she can't do it outright because she would be the prime suspect. Instead, she first gets everyone in the family sick, especially her husband, and pretend she's concerned. She tells all her friends how worried she is about good ol' Bob (or whatever his name is), and then . . .

I'm bad, ain't I?

robeiae
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Go on.

alleycat
02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Go on.
The wife has fallen in love with a rogue named Rob she met online. That's why she wants to get the husband out of the way. Rob has promised the woman his undying love if she will go away with him. Little does the woman suspect that Rob is actually a cad who tells every woman he meets the same thing.

Stew21
02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Both of my kids had what your daughters have. I thought the week following was my turn, but it hasn't gotten me yet.

I'm hopeful that it won't.

All you can do is wait and wonder.

Jean Marie
02-28-2009, 08:57 PM
I've never been the last man standing in a house full of virus. What should I do?
Leave while you still have the opportunity.

Get a surgical mask and hose it down with Lysol.

Put on plastic gloves.

Lock yourself in a room with the door edges sealed with duct tape and don't come out for about 7 days. Oh, and seal off the ventilation to that room, too.
Or, that.

Have another martini. Alcohol kills germs.
Or, that.

Feed martinis to them.

I drank martinis yesterday afternoon and took my own picture. I can't do that two days in a row. It'll start looking like a career opportunity and then there goes my credibility.

Don't say it.

Don't say it!
Ok, but someone should...just sayin' :)

KTC
02-28-2009, 08:59 PM
And I a-skeered.

My youngest is on day two of a 103 degree fever, cough, and body aches. Her big sister is showing signs of pulling a monkey-see-monkey-do and keeps asking for a neti pot while turning funny, splotchy colors.

And my husband, who in our fourteen year acquaintance had only ever thrown up once, lost his dinner, lunch, and everything he's eaten since the winter solstice in an unprecedented attempt to turn himself inside out all last night and this morning.

I'm torn between my feeble nurturing instincts and the desire to hose down each of their wakes in a cloud of Lysol. That is of course, if I can resist grabbing my purse and my laptop and fleeing the scene altogether.

I am in the EXACT same position. My son's has turned into pneumonia and my wife is hack hack hacking like crazy. They have been going steadily downhill for this past week. This morning I woke up with a tickle in the back of my throat. A tickle that is acting like a goddamn drill Sargent. It's too late for me, Perks. Save yourself. Save yourself.............

Perks
02-28-2009, 08:59 PM
The wife has fallen in love with a rogue named Rob she met online. That's why she wants to get the husband out of the way. Rob has promised the woman his undying love if she will go away with him. Little does the woman suspect that Rob is actually a cad who tells every woman he meets the same thing.If I'm the woman in question, I'm way ahead of you on that last plot point.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Don't say it.

Don't say it!

Who cares about credibility when you have a lovely martini in your face?

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I am in the EXACT same position. My son's has turned into pneumonia and my wife is hack hack hacking like crazy. They have been going steadily downhill for this past week. This morning I woke up with a tickle in the back of my throat. A tickle that is acting like a goddamn drill Sargent. It's too late for me, Perks. Save yourself. Save yourself.............NETI POT, KEVIN!!! If you get it when it's just a tickle...

Although it won't help with things like strep or stomach stuff.

Oh god. Now I'm really scared. I haven't had a cold in two years.

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Who cares about credibility when you have a lovely martini in your face?What are you, The Devil?

alleycat
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
If I'm the woman in question, I'm way ahead of you on that last plot point.
I was just trying to be helpful.

Of course, there will be a plot point the reader doesn't expect at the end.

;-)

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
NETI POT, KEVIN!!! If you get it when it's just a tickle...

Can I use a turkey baster?

I'm scared too. They look like death...and they're calling me to join them. It's like Night of the Living Dead...and they're walking towards me with their arms outstretched. For the love of God, help!

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Of course, there will be a plot point the reader doesn't expect at the end.
I do dare say. It might involve the jagged stem of a broken martini glass.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
What are you, The Devil?

Just (1)sip your martini and (2)enjoy. And when you are finished, make another and follow steps 1 and 2. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

alleycat
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
I do dare say. It might involve the jagged stem of a broken martini glass.
Of course. The character in question will need to knock off Rob as well at the end of Act II.

;-)

Haggis
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.cannabisnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/aspirin325.jpg

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Can I use a turkey baster?

I'm scared too. They look like death...and they're calling me to join them. It's like Night of the Living Dead...and they're walking towards me with their arms outstretched. For the love of God, help!
Scary. I know. I just convinced my husband to leave the sofa where he'd been (well, there and on his knees in front of the commode) since eleven o'clock last night. I coaxed him up the stairs and had to tuck him in like a three year old. He looks terrible.

My six year old mostly lays on the TV room floor. And my ten year old (with a normally teflon immune system) is starting that hunched-over, succumbing, shuffling gait when she goes anywhere.

I am, of course, hiding in my office.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I am, of course, hiding in my office.

Is it a safe-room? Are there vents in that room that are connected to the rest of the house?

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm doomed. But I have plenty of vodka. And there's a little gin, if it comes to that. But I won't mainline the Kahlua. I won't, I tell you.

alleycat
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Got any tomato juice?

;-)

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm doomed. But I have plenty of vodka. And there's a little gin, if it comes to that. But I won't mainline the Kahlua. I won't, I tell you.

You. Need. Creme. De. Cacao. A civilized martini drinker makes their martini with a shot and a half of Vodka, a shot and a half of Creme de Cacao and a spritz of Orange Juice. Shaken, not stirred. Please. You may be on the verge of a terrible illness, but let's not lose our cool. Get. Creme. De. Cacao. Into. Your. Safe-house. Before. It's. Too. Late!

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:21 PM
You. Need. Creme. De. Cacao. A civilized martini drinker makes their martini with a shot and a half of Vodka, a shot and a half of Creme de Cacao and a spritz of Orange Juice. Shaken, not stirred. Please. You may be on the verge of a terrible illness, but let's not lose our cool. Get. Creme. De. Cacao. Into. Your. Safe-house. Before. It's. Too. Late!Holy hell. That sounds really good. Where's my camera?

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Of course. The character in question will need to knock off Rob as well at the end of Act II.

;-) Sinister, I tell you.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Holy hell. That sounds really good. Where's my camera?

You'll forget about everyone and everything else the second you take the first sip of your chocolate martini*. I promise you that.

*not to be mixed with Neo Citran or Tylenol Cold.

Siddow
02-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Perks, you can come stay at my place.

Bring the vodka.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Perks, you can come stay at my place.

Bring the vodka.

What about me? I have creme de cacao.

KTC
02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh God. I see dead people. I just sneezed three times in a row. They are infiltrating me. I just know it.

alleycat
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Sinister, I tell you.
I'm harmless.

Mostly.

Siddow
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
What about me? I have creme de cacao.

The more liquor, the merrier, I always say!

Perks
02-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Party at Siddow's house.

Siddow
02-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah!

I'll get the chains and ball-gags.

What? They're for the kids.

Jean Marie
02-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Got any tomato juice?

;-)
Is Perks trying to get rid of a skunk smell or the flu?

I'm confused...

Stew21
02-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Siddow - Perks could already be infected and just not showing symptoms yet. Are you SURE you want her to carry all those germs over to your place?

:)

Sorry Perks, have a bloody Mary - the vitamins are good for you, the spicy is good for your metabolism, and the vodka kills all kinds of shit.

(Bloody Marys are not recommended for use in neti pots, Don't snort the mary)

alleycat
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Is Perks trying to get rid of a skunk smell or the flu?

I'm confused...
She has the vodka. A little tomato juice, a dash of vodka, Tabasco, pepper . . .

Well, never mind.

Perks
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Holy crap. I also put horseradish in my Bloody Marys. Try putting that up your snout. I'm sure it would fade all your troubles but one.

Stew21
02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I put horseradish in my bloody marys too.( (and worchestershire, celery salt, pepper and if I have beer around I put a splash of beer in too because it lightens up the thick tomato juice.)

DL Hegel
She has the vodka. A little tomato juice, a dash of vodka, Tabasco, pepper . . .

Well, never mind.
you people keep drinking all my eyewash. i post with slcboston---vodka is for medicinal purposes only.

alleycat
Holy crap. I also put horseradish in my Bloody Marys. Try putting that up your snout. I'm sure it would fade all your troubles but one.
Uh . . .

I don't have anything to offer.

KTC
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't snort the mary

POST OF THE WEEK!

Jean Marie
02-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Need I say more regarding your credibility, dear. And this the day after your birthday. This does not bode well for the following days...

Medievalist
02-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I put horseradish in my bloody marys too.( (and worchestershire, celery salt, pepper and if I have beer around I put a splash of beer in too because it lightens up the thick tomato juice.)

I'm so gonna have to try this.

Medievalist
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Just (1)sip your martini and (2)enjoy. And when you are finished, make another and follow steps 1 and 2. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Wash your hands a lot.

Between martinis, even.

jst5150
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
And most of your nasal linings and probably most of 8th grade. :)

Siddow
02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Siddow - Perks could already be infected and just not showing symptoms yet. Are you SURE you want her to carry all those germs over to your place?

Don't tell her, but my 7-yr-old was having a pukefest yesterday, very proud of the fact that he hurled seven times!!! and made it to the potty each time!!!

Just don't tell Perks. If he does it again, I plan to tell her he had too much vodka. :)

Ambrosia
02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Holy crap. I also put horseradish in my Bloody Marys. Try putting that up your snout. I'm sure it would fade all your troubles but one.Garlic cloves, one in each nostril. Ain't no germs gettin' past that.

Honestly, homemade chicken soup with garlic and cayenne pepper and whatever other spices and veggies you want to put in it. Very simple if you have a crockpot, just throw in all the ingredients and turn the crockpot on. 4 to 6 hrs later it is done.

Be careful with the alcohol. Too much and it will lower your immunity instead of helping. Though, I have to admit the horseradish is a positive touch. :)

Siddow
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Be careful with the alcohol. Too much and it will lower your immunity inhibitions instead of helping. :)

There, I fixed it for ya. Typos are wicked, eh?

Perks
02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm not drinking, you nuts. I'm reading Orwell.

Cassiopeia
02-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi Perks,

I'm going to tell you what I do in such events. I smudge the house using white sage, and then diffuse eucalyptus into the air. Find a brand of rooibos tea that is rooibos plus a flavour but it must mainly be rooibos, should find it in most stores, that stops all vomiting and nausea immediately and then fix spicy ramen noodles to kill sore throats and tickles and also clears the sinuses.

Other than that, sweets...you gotta ride the tide. :(

Brightest blessings.

ETA: Oh and open the windows while everyone is snuggled under blankets. Gotta clear out the ick.

KTC
03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm not drinking, you nuts. I'm reading Orwell.

You're reading Orwell and you're not drinking? You're a better man than me.

Jcomp
03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Am I the only person who had to look up what the hell a Neti Pot is?

KTC
03-01-2009, 12:08 AM

You're a member of AW and you had to look it up!?!?!?!

robeiae
03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
What, no black cardamom? Tsk.

Cassiopeia
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I know some swear by it, I hate it and that is all I have to say about that. :tongue

Jcomp
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
You're a member of AW and you had to look it up!?!?!?!

I know... I know...

Worse yet, when I found out it was somehow related to something called "nasal irrigation" I decided not to investigate further lest I stumble upon some unpleasant photographs...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-01-2009, 12:11 AM

Considering the 'tide' is made of puke and snot... ew!

How'd you miss our NetiFest?! Here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84276&highlight=Neti) and here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116149&highlight=Neti).

robeiae
03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
You're a better man than me.
That's real high hurdle to cross, there...

:ROFL:

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi Perks,

I'm going to tell you what I do in such events. I smudge the house using white sage, and then diffuse eucalyptus into the air. Find a brand of rooibos tea that is rooibos plus a flavour but it must mainly be rooibos, should find it in most stores, that stops all vomiting and nausea immediately and then fix spicy ramen noodles to kill sore throats and tickles and also clears the sinuses.

Brightest blessings.

ETA: Oh and open the windows while everyone is snuggled under blankets. Gotta clear out the ick.All very smart and plan-sounding. Thank you for being the only one to really care about my well-being.

I've never tried the smudging, but intuitively, it always seemed to make sense to me. I may just try it.

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Am I the only person who had to look up what the hell a Neti Pot is?Oh dear. And I thought you read my posts occasionally. I am Queen Neferneti around these parts and (I'm not kidding) have made over fifty converts.

Absolutely amazing, low-tech way to treat colds and allergies.

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
You're reading Orwell and you're not drinking? You're a better man than me.Via AuthorScoop's morning lit links (http://authorscoop.com/2009/02/28/saturday-morning-litlinks-44/), I came across this article (http://www.nybooks.com/articles/22414), which led me to this essay (http://orwell.ru/library/essays/joys/english/e_joys).
All fascinating and smart-making stuff and in between bouts of Florence Nightingaleing, I've bettered my intellect.

Then I will drink.

After I've commented on the AuthorScoop article, of course.

Jcomp
03-01-2009, 12:19 AM
How'd you miss our NetiFest?! Here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84276&highlight=Neti) and here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116149&highlight=Neti).

Holy snap, two different Neti-Fests and I whiffed on both of them. In my "defense," I'm patently late to everything, so...

Oh dear. And I thought you read my posts occasionally. I am Queen Neferneti around these parts and (I'm not kidding) have made over fifty converts.

Absolutely amazing, low-tech way to treat colds and allergies.

Hmmm... I may have to look into this as I am currently struggling with a persistent cold, or allergies, or some sort of diabolical combination of the two.

And don't act like somebody didn't file a court order to restrict me to reading only five of your posts per week...

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
It'll change your life Jcomp. You've never breathed so easily.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Word.

Cassiopeia
03-01-2009, 12:32 AM
All very smart and plan-sounding. Thank you for being the only one to really care about my well-being.

I've never tried the smudging, but intuitively, it always seemed to make sense to me. I may just try it.I must confess, I'm an avid smudger :D

It's a Native American tradition that cleanses your home. Be aware though, it's burning gives off a smell similar to that of marijuana but within a half hour the house is sweet and clean smelling. My son loves me to do it when he has pneumonia and feeling very closed in. It lifts your spirits too. I forgot to mention I also follow up a diffusion of cedarwood oil as well which can be preferable to eucalyptus.

Cassiopeia
03-01-2009, 12:33 AM
It'll change your life Jcomp. You've never breathed so easily.I wonder if I did it wrong. It irritated my sinuses. I'd like to get my son to do it, he has chronic sinusitis.

robeiae
03-01-2009, 12:34 AM
It'll change your life Jcomp. You've never breathed so easily.

Word.
Don't do it, Jcomp. It will lower your sperm count and make you more docile.

robeiae
03-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I wonder if I did it wrong. It irritated my sinuses.
I wondered the same thing on my wedding night...for the same reason.

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I wonder if I did it wrong. It irritated my sinuses. I'd like to get my son to do it, he has chronic sinusitis.I've found that the pre-mixed solution packets are kind of worth the cost (which isn't much.) You can do it with salt and baking soda, but it can be tricky to get the formula right. And if it's off, it stings like hell.

Perks
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Don't do it, Jcomp. It will lower your sperm count and make you more docile.It'll lower your kleenex count and make you less snotty.

Robaeieieio gets confused.

And lonely.

He spends his free time in his room, counting his sperm.

robeiae
03-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Seven hundred thirty eight thousand two hundred and one,
Seven hundred thirty eight thousand two hundred and two,
Seven hundred thirty eight thou--...

What?

Cassiopeia
03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I've found that the pre-mixed solution packets are kind of worth the cost (which isn't much.) You can do it with salt and baking soda, but it can be tricky to get the formula right. And if it's off, it stings like hell.
Yes, I used the pre-mixed solutions but it made my sinuses just throb and grow more inflamed. Is there a rebound effect at first?

Namatu
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Perks, I've got some smudge sticks. You can have them. In exchange, I want one of those creme de cacao martinis.

Good luck to you! Stay strong! Martini, neti, hand wash, nap. Martini, neti, hand wash, nap. Martini...

scarletpeaches
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
And I a-skeered.

As someone who's thrown up TWELVE TIMES today, breaking her own personal record of eleven...I say get out while you still can.

Save yourself!

Perks
03-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, I used the pre-mixed solutions but it made my sinuses just throb and grow more inflamed. Is there a rebound effect at first?
Hmmm. Not for me. I guess it stands to reason that it might not work the same for everyone. Bravo absolutely despised it and threatened to letterbomb me for convincing him to try it.

I still think he did it wrong.

If you went to try it again. Buy a bottle of glycerin and add a dollop. Alsp, make sure the water is warm enough.

Perks
03-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Perks, I've got some smudge sticks. You can have them. In exchange, I want one of those creme de cacao martinis.

Good luck to you! Stay strong! Martini, neti, hand wash, nap. Martini, neti, hand wash, nap. Martini...Yeah, I'm sreiously going to try that in a little while.

Dinner shall be poured rather than served tonight. All these other sickos are moaning about how they can't eat. Pah!

Siddow
03-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I'm sreiously going to try that in a little while.

Dinner shall be poured rather than served tonight. All these other sickos are moaning about how they can't eat. Pah!

Sounds like a good night for sushi.

Siddow
03-01-2009, 01:51 AM

Try NOT boiling the water.

Cassiopeia
03-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Try NOT boiling the water.but it says you have to and then let it cool. How does not boiling help?

KTC
03-01-2009, 02:06 AM
I once tried Petty Pot, but it wasn't worth it. You need high grade if you want the job done right.

Perks
03-01-2009, 02:15 AM
but it says you have to and then let it cool. How does not boiling help?
Yeah, you want to boil it to release any chlorine traces out with the steam.

Carole
03-01-2009, 02:31 AM
*Runs in with tissue over her nose and mouth*

Perks!

Echinacea/Goldenseal complex
B Complex

Immediately, if not sooner!

*Runs back out and jumps into Lysol bath*

(Not nearly as effective if taken after it gets you.)

Siddow
03-01-2009, 03:11 AM
but it says you have to and then let it cool. How does not boiling help?

lol...I meant to say not to pour boiling water through your sinuses.

Fell short of my mark. Need more vodka. Or less. Whatever. :)

Williebee
03-01-2009, 03:23 AM
We've both got it here, too. I've discovered that bourbon keeps my sinuses open and lets me sleep. I'm gonna sleep a LOT this weekend.

Carole
03-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Fell short of my mark. Need more vodka. Or less. Whatever. :)

More. The answer, when speaking of vodka, is always more.

Namatu
03-01-2009, 03:35 AM
I feel fine, and that better not change because I've visited this thread!

Defense Vitamin Water (and the XXX) can help ward off colds. Not sure if it works on the putrid illness, but if I were you, Perks, I'd be stocking up on all defensive measures. Actually, I'd probably have abandoned the family to their own devices. You're far kinder than me to stay and take care of them.

Do you have one of those masks to avoid breathing in all their noxious excretions?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Seven hundred thirty eight thousand two hundred and one,
Seven hundred thirty eight thousand two hundred and two,
Seven hundred thirty eight thou--...

What?

Now you have to start over.

If you went to try it again. Buy a bottle of glycerin and add a dollop. Alsp, make sure the water is warm enough.

Yes, Cass... It is absolutely critical that the water is warm enough - or it will sting. Does me, anyway. I use it right out of the tap, though. I don't boil it. I adjust the mix of hot and cold 'til it feels fairly warm to my inner wrist. By the time you stir in the salt packet and get it pouring, it will have cooled a bit.

Perks
03-01-2009, 04:24 AM
...but if I were you, Perks, I'd be stocking up on all defensive measures.

I've got a good dozen silver bullets and I'm whittling the wooden stakes as fast as I can.

KTC
03-01-2009, 04:29 AM
I am beginning to feel that feeling one gets when they are about to be sick. You know that racing feeling in their chest. Yech! Here's a funny one...my wife asked if I wanted help in the kitchen at supper time. I was like, Ha-ya! Ninja powers activate. After I screamed STEP OFF BIOTCH! she got the hint. "Getcher germs away. from. me." They are trying to kill me. I will fight it.

Susie
03-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Gee, Perks, sure hope everyone feels better and you stay strong, k. Prayers & good vibes sent your way. That is rough ... ((((((HUGS)))))).

Jean Marie
03-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Don't do it, Jcomp. It will lower your sperm count and make you more docile.
That's snot's Rob's problem, Jcomp. It's the diaper count.

It'll lower your kleenex count and make you less snotty.

Robaeieieio gets confused.

And lonely.

He spends his free time in his room, counting his sperm.
True, but since there's only about 3 left, I don't understand the difficulty.

Now you have to start over.

Bottles on the wall? or the sperm ball.

Why isn't bravo in this thread. Neti's right up his alley.

Works like a charm, it does. I tried it, lived to tell about it, etc.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I had a real gnat that got to crawl on my screen this morning for longer than he would have had it not been for that damned bug in your sig, JM. I guess I finally became immune to him!

Cassiopeia
03-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, Cass... It is absolutely critical that the water is warm enough - or it will sting. Does me, anyway. I use it right out of the tap, though. I don't boil it. I adjust the mix of hot and cold 'til it feels fairly warm to my inner wrist. By the time you stir in the salt packet and get it pouring, it will have cooled a bit.I make sure its warm enough and right when it's done I'm fine but then within an hour my sinuses started aching. I end up feeling worse and my sinuses get more stuffed up than they were.

James81
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I am misery in a sea of islands.

Mela
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Lysol everything - follow them around and spray in their wake.
Spray after they've breathed on something.
spray the toilets, the sink - spray everything they've touched the second they touch it.
Wear a mask over your face when you talk to them