International TV Stations on the Web

TRINITY225

Registered
Reaction score
I absolutely loved watching BBC America and TV5 when I had the big expensive cable package. Is there anyway to watch those stations for free online? All I can find are news programs.

It is interesting to see how other programs are written and the topics that are handled there (especially for a screenwriter like myself).

Please feel free to move if this isn't the right place to post.

TRINITY225

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I already know of that one. There are several out there that are good. Hulu and Fancast, but their most American broadcasts. I'm looking for more UK and French broadcasts like with Livestream but isn't all news, but more entertainment.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC has to be careful on what they show outside of UK borders, so you're probably not going to find much outside of streams traded on BitTorrent.

TRINITY225

Registered
Reaction score
The BBC has to be careful on what they show outside of UK borders, so you're probably not going to find much outside of streams traded on BitTorrent.

Hey, why is that? I miss my BBC America and it kind of sucks that I can't view them in real time online. Is it because of writer and actor royalties? I guess I understand in that case. However, I would think that they could benefit greatly from the advertising dollars since they would receive a worldwide reach.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC gets its funds from the government trust that operates it. Because of this, they don't show commercials and have to tightly control the programming rights it sells abroad.