Demining/Embassy Marines

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :),

Anybody out there familliar with a demining school supposedly run for the Afghans in Pakistan in the early 90's by Army Special Forces? I read a reference to it, but can't find any other info.

Also, would the Marine Security detachment at an embassy be an assignment the Corps could place an enlisted Marine that they wanted in the area for a classified assignment. If not, do enlisted Marines serve in other capacities in embassies that might be a better fit for that?

Do embassy Marines have diplomatic immunity?

Hesperides

Bloody love
Registered
Reaction score
When my husband gets home tonight, I'll ask him. He's a Marine. Maybe someone will have the answer by then, but I'll check back in.

Hesperides

Bloody love
Registered
Reaction score
1. A few things to look at: Explosive Ordinance Disposal. Combat Engineers are in charge of building and blowing stuff up. But other than that, he doesn't know about the specific school.

2. Basically, he's useless in that area. He doesn't know enough about what goes on in the embassies. Sorry!!! Worth a shot!

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I never heard anything about Afghan EOD during the Soviet invasion. The bubbas I know who were there were working with the Afghans on FID. I'm sure EOD was a practiced art back then, but not sure how established it was in Afghanistan, given our very low profile in that theater.