• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta reader to look over 3-4 short stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthomas

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to look over 3-4 short stories. They are all "mainstream" general fiction. I would prefer to have a beta reader who also likes writing mainstream short stories. A few of my influences would be George Saunders, T.C. Boyle, Lorrie Moore, Miranda July, DFW.

These are the first short stories I have written so I am sure there is going to be a good amount of (hopefully) constructive criticism...I am open to all feedback (harsh or pleasantly worded).

If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate another writer's perspective. Thanks!

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
dthomas - Have you considered posting one of your stories in Share Your Work? It's a little below this forum on the main page and password protected (but easy access for AW members from the main board). If you post one of your stories in main stream there you should get comments from several other writers. Think about trying it - but, you also ought to read the guide for newbies that's in the main SYW forum at the very top of the SYW page. There's a lot of good advice in it that can help prevent misunderstandings and meltdowns. Puma

Status
Not open for further replies.