My new neighbours amuse me

Reaction score
I live in a block of six, on the top right. The neighbour who's been giving me problems lives in Flat D, directly below me.

There was one incident where police were called weeks and weeks ago and at a later date she said, "Oh that was them across the way from you, they were causing a noise," which was a lie, because they hadn't even moved into the block at that point.

Anyway. They (the new couple who moved in a couple of months ago) amuse me.

Why? Well one night - so late it was morning - there was a bit of a racket outside so I had a look and it was the new pair huffing and puffing up the stairs. At least, she was, 'cause she was carrying a mini-fridge. A desktop, whatever you call it? And he was walking ahead, telling her to hurry up. :roll: Classy, huh?

Once I caught a woman peering through my letterbox shouting on [the guy's name] and I said, "You want that flat there." She couldn't apologise enough but what tickled me was she was dressed in pyjamas and had driven from miles away to see him. What was so important early in the morning that she had to drive over here to see him? Probably after drugs.

So it would seem my new neighbours are dealers. Which I don't mind, to be honest because they keep themselves to themselves. Very polite, as are their...ahem...'customers'. ;)

And they have an amusing habit of playing Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun at top volume just before they go out. That's it. Just one song. Played once. Then off they go, away to...I dunno. Get stoned, or pick up more supplies. Who knows?

I think it says a lot that I prefer the possible-stoners in my block to the noisy, selfish, single mum downstairs.

Hell, they can cause all the racket they want late at night because:

a) They rarely play music, apart from Cyndi Lauper. This afternoon they played a Debbie Harry song as well. Maria, sinced you ask. Also:
b) The noise they make is usually furniture moving about or visitors piling up and down the stairs, which, strangely enough, doesn't bother me in the slightest and
c) They never wake me up. We're in synch. They make noise when I'm already awake.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I can relate. Years ago, I lived in a dead cheap apartment. The building backed onto a cemetary, so those neighbours were quiet at least. The only guy I really connected with lived across the hall. He was quiet, held the door for me, made small talk, and so on. Until the day the police bashed in his door with a battering ram and took him away in handcuffs. He did six months for dealing. But he was a decent enough fellow compared to some of the layabouts in that place.

Reaction score
I have to add these are only suspicions. The tenement block is immaculate; no needles or drug-taking paraphernalia. It's all based on...well, they look like chavs, and they sound a bit...vacant...when they speak.

I got mail delivered to my flat even though it was theirs, so I knocked and explained the postie had put it through my door by mistake and the girl had that shaky tone of voice, like she couldn't remember how to speak English, had just woken up or was hungover.

Plus a couple other things. They just generally act a bit spaced-out, keep unusual hours and have a lot of visitors at all hours.

But they're cool. I'm glad it's them, and not another noise-maker. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
my before i go out song when i was a teen stoner punk was LIVING ON VIDEO. it was to mock it while we prepared ourselves for the batcave. post 70s goths dancing disco new wave tango, eyeliner dripping. good times. my acid pill box is empty.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
When I was living in London, I was sitting in my flat one day on my day off, watching TV but not really paying attention to it, and London Tonight came on. I just happened to glance up and saw my building on the screen. Turns out the police had been there a few hours before, barged in, arrested my neighbour in the downstairs flat for having about £1 million worth of heroin, cannabis, can't remember which, which he'd brought back from Jamaica. They'd carted him off and he ended up jailed for it. And I slept right through the whole thing.

Then a few weeks ago I was in the news gallery as part of my training for a new job. Was just sitting watching them put out the evening news, and all of a sudden as I'm reading the autocue before it goes out, I saw the name of my (very small) home village - splashed across the headlines as a den of vice since they'd just seized millions of pounds worth of drugs there. Making it worse, the guy arrested was an ex-pupil of my mothers... Maybe it's us?

Glad you've got some non-annoying neighbours though, SP.

Reaction score
You never know. I might feel like getting mellow one night and give them a call.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
You could bake her some brownies and watch her trip.

Reaction score
I think around three people on AW have my home address. Aren't they the lucky ones? :D

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
SP, do you ever give your neighbours nicknames? I do with all of ours. :D
We've got Dracula living next door, adjoining; when we first moved in, we used to hear him rattling around late at night and it sounded like nails rolling around on a wooden surface. His coffin. One day we went out and noticed that his guttering was wrecked, so we said he mist have been drunk when he flew home, the night before, and missed the window.
The old woman, who lives the other side of us looks like a right old cronie, so we call her The witch. The people there before her, we called Lawnmover man and Cruella. He'd be out in the garden at all hours of the night with his lawnmower, and she just looked like Cruella DeVille. They had a horrible noisy Jack Russel dog and it was heaven when they moved away.
And the old man who lives in the place at the bottom of our garden, we call him Chainsaw massacre; he's in his 70's, refuses central heating, and chops up the fallen branches trees, from the woods near our home, with his chainsaw.

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
bong me, Amadeus.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I'd call your new neighbours The trainspotters :tongue

This is for SP's neighbours btw.

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
SP, do you ever give your neighbours nicknames? I do with all of ours. :D
I do that! My old neighbours were just The Trailer Trash because they kept this awful, HUGE trailer in their driveway ALL summer long. Another set of neighbours we called Batman and Robin because we never saw them except when they drove into and out of the Bat Cave (aka garage).

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
:D I'm glad I'm not the only name-caller on here! lol

I do that! My old neighbours were just The Trailer Trash because they kept this awful, HUGE trailer in their driveway ALL summer long. Another set of neighbours we called Batman and Robin because we never saw them except when they drove into and out of the Bat Cave (aka garage).

Reaction score
I give everyone nicknames, even some folks on AW. :D

My mobile phone has hardly any 'real names' in it; they're all nicknames. If you were to scroll through you wouldn't recognise your own details in there, unless your mind worked in the same twisted way as mine.

And some people would be offended. :D

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Is Jesus on your cell phone?

All I am saying is give Christ a call.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
:D I haven't nicknamed anyone on AW yet.
I have a nickname, on my mobile, for my brother, and I also send him postcards Xmas cards etc, through the post, with it on. I call him Mr C@nt :D

I give everyone nicknames, even some folks on AW. :D

My mobile phone has hardly any 'real names' in it; they're all nicknames. If you were to scroll through you wouldn't recognise your own details in there, unless your mind worked in the same twisted way as mine.

And some people would be offended. :D

Reaction score
I call thethinker42 the Photoshop Ninja, the Intarchoobs Prawn R@pist, or simply 'Perv'. :D

Others have more dodgy nicknames which I won't repeat here.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
We called one of my neighbors Metal face. I'd have loved to thrown him in the dryer.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
We called one of my neighbors Metal face. I'd have loved to thrown him in the dryer.
For someone nicknamed Metal Face, I think I'd plan something that involved a large, powerful magnet.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I can see where these new neighbo(u)rs would want to stay quiet and not attract police attention. One might think they could perhaps (if they ever have a clear head between them) help with Noisy Neighbour so the police wouldn't be coming around so much, they would certainly have incentive to do so, but one can only wonder whether a couple of stoners could help here.
I have it. Bidding starts at $20. I accept PayPal.
I have PayPal, but I need to be convinced her address is worth $20. She's cute (not her CURRENT avatar!), but It's not like I plan on crossing the pond to go see her anytime soon.