PDA

View Full Version : Any locals?

jubileerocker
02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I joined another site that I found through this one and I found other writers in my area because they had a geomap (i think that's what it's called) to find other site users nere me. I live in Pike county KY and have NO friends. My husband brought me here from Maryland and I just don't fit in. Just curious if there was anyone here I could meet at a library

alleycat
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm going to send you a PM.

jvc
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm not local to anyone I don't think ;)

Take a peek inside the Roundtable forum and you'll notice a subforum there called 'Aw Regional Meet and Greet' (link is here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157)), you may find a thread in there about the writers in your area. There is, if memory serves, which it rarely does, some map somewhere which has a lot of writers on it. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called or where it is, though. Perhaps someone else will help you with that.

Wayne K
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm feeling the same way here in Connecticut kid. I just volunteered to work at the local theatre to meet people. When they found out Ive written a few books I became a rockstar. I told them I wasn't published yet, but it didn't matter to them.

Susie
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey, jubile. I'm not a local, unfortunately, but sayin' :welcome: anyway.

stormie
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
As Wayne said, volunteering is a great way to meet people. Or there are Mommy And Me-type get-togethers.