PDA

View Full Version : Flu.

Angie
02-25-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm barely able to fit in my desk chair because I'm wrapped in a sweatshirt, my coat, a light blanket, a quilt, and a sleeping bag.

I'M STILL FREEZING.

Stupid *#$! flu. :(

Susie
02-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
For Angie, I wish,
You didn't have the flu.
So feel better,
Whether sleepin' or awake,
That way you're all better
And we can have cake! :D

Jersey Chick
02-25-2009, 05:47 AM
:Hug2:

You have my sympathy.

And some tea

with honey in it

and chocolate

and warm fuzzy slippers

and more chocolate

and more :Hug2:

Wayne K
02-25-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm over the hump with it, but it's still pretty bad. Tea is good. Valium is better. Tea+valium=MMM. a good nights sleep.

jvc
02-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Get well soon, Angie. Perhaps a little glass of whiskey will warm the cockles.

Fenika
02-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I can napalm your living room if you'd like heat and a light show to boot ;)

Angie
02-25-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm over the hump with it, but it's still pretty bad. Tea is good. Valium is better. Tea+valium=MMM. a good nights sleep.

Mmm. Share? :)

Get well soon, Angie. Perhaps a little glass of whiskey will warm the cockles.

Thank you. I wonder if the whiskey will go well with the tea and valium?

I can napalm your living room if you'd like heat and a light show to boot ;)

No, thanks. But you can napalm Haggis's living room if you really want to make me feel better. :D

jvc
02-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Has always worked for me ;)

Angie
02-25-2009, 07:00 AM
May not help with the symptoms, but at least I won't care anymore.

Haggis
02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
How about a recharge? I could bring cray in here. :)

Angie
02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Got a pair of jumper cables?

ETA: *coughs on Haggis*

KTC
02-25-2009, 07:09 AM
http://drink-recipe.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/latte-sl-701146-l.jpg

Get better, my sweet.

Angie
02-25-2009, 07:10 AM
*sniff* Thank you. :)

Angie
02-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Okay, I've chugged NyQuil (and Kevin's lovely offering) and now I'm dragging myself off to bed. 'Nite, all.

Silver King
02-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I never get sick with cold and flu viruses and stuff. Even as a kid, I was unaffected. Isn't that strange?

Yesterday, while having lunch with my daughter and her little girl, I offered the tot some of my soup.

My daughter said, "Wait! Don't do that. She has a cold. You'll get sick."

Then she added, "Oh, I forgot, Mr. Picture of Health Who Has Never, Ever Been Sick A Single Day In His Life."

She acts like I rub it in or something. :D

Hope you feel better soon, Angie. Wish I could say I know how you feel, but I don't. ;)

Beach Bunny
02-25-2009, 07:27 AM
:Hug2: ... Sending healing thoughts your way ... :Hug2:

Death Wizard
02-25-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm just getting over this one, almost three weeks since it started. I recommend going to the doctor for this one, because it frequently seems to turn into severe sinus infections.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Whatever I've got isn't flu, but lausy. NyQuil isn't touching it. All I know is I'm going to kill the two co-workers (father and son) who came in sick last week spouting bullshit about 'It's only allergies!'

regdog
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Has always worked for me ;)

Somehow this explains so much :D

Whatever I've got isn't flu, but lausy. NyQuil isn't touching it. All I know is I'm going to kill the two co-workers (father and son) who came in sick last week spouting bullshit about 'It's only allergies!'

Cough on them. That'll learn them

Mythical Tiger
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Seems to be going around. We had 17 kids missing in class last Friday. Which only leaves 4 of us. No joke. We got to play board games almost all week last week and for the past two days this week. Apparently everyone now has a sinus infection. Ech......... 5 came back on Monday. 1 puked and the other wasen't feeling all to good. So they both went home. I've never seen colds get this bad for so many people.

~Sam

Angie
02-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks, everyone. My fever broke last night, so I can actually sit here without shaking like a leaf in a hurricane.

SK, it's not nice to rub in the fact that you've never had a cold or flu. Not nice at all. :tongue

CaroGirl
02-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Glad you're feeling better. I can relate. For two winters in a row I got so sick with the flu I was out for two whole weeks. Fever of 104F, chills, aches, UGH! So the following winter, I got the flu shot. I've been flu-free every year since and I've had the shot 3 years in a row now. As someone who didn't think the flu shot was necessary, I'm now a firm convert.

Take care of yourself. Keep warm, drink lots and make sure you're getting enough calories to fight the virus. You don't want the nasty thing coming back on you.

Wayne K
02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
SK, it's not nice to rub in the fact that you've never had a cold or flu. Not nice at all. :tongue
So I'm not the only one who saw that as the rantings of a germaphobe.

cray
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
she's faking it.
batteries don't get the flu.

Angie
02-26-2009, 02:49 AM
I've been flu-free every year since and I've had the shot 3 years in a row now. As someone who didn't think the flu shot was necessary, I'm now a firm convert.

I never thought it was necessary either, as I usually don't get the flu. I've had nasty colds before, but very rarely the flu. I'm thinking the shot might be worth it right about now...

So I'm not the only one who saw that as the rantings of a germaphobe.

Nope. He's certifiable. :D

she's faking it.
batteries don't get the flu.

:tongue

rhymegirl
02-26-2009, 05:31 AM
I never get sick with cold and flu viruses and stuff. Even as a kid, I was unaffected. Isn't that strange?

Yesterday, while having lunch with my daughter and her little girl, I offered the tot some of my soup.

My daughter said, "Wait! Don't do that. She has a cold. You'll get sick."

Then she added, "Oh, I forgot, Mr. Picture of Health Who Has Never, Ever Been Sick A Single Day In His Life."

She acts like I rub it in or something. :D

Hope you feel better soon, Angie. Wish I could say I know how you feel, but I don't. ;)

You suck.

stormie
02-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Yep. Happened to me one year. "It's only allergies!" she said, coughing into her hands, then touching furniture, doorknobs.... I was so sick for a week afteward.

Great for coughs and works better that NYQUIL or any of that stuff: Blackberry brandy. Just one shot.

Glad you're feeling better, Angie!

SK--it's probably your different sense of humor that keeps the viruses away from you. :D (Then I shouldn't be getting sick either. Okay. Forget that theory.)

Angie
02-26-2009, 06:41 AM
*heads out to find some blackberry brandy*

WittyWordsmith
02-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I know so many people getting sick in my area. I've been fighting the sniffles for a while, but nothing too serious yet. I hope you have a full recovery!

Silver King
02-27-2009, 04:58 AM
You suck.
Hey, that's not nice. But it's true.

You wanna hear something gross? When my kids were sick, I'd put my face right up to theirs and breathe in their germs, sucking in as hard as I could and telling them I was vacuuming their colds away. Then I'd cough up a big lugie, spit out the phlegm and say, "There, you see that sticky stuff? That's your cold. We'll rinse it right down the drain, and you'll be feeling better in no time."

Although it usually made my kids feel better, my wife didn't approve of that cure and resorted to feeding them medicine instead.

Angie
02-27-2009, 05:17 AM
EW.

Silver King
02-27-2009, 05:27 AM
EW.
When you saw, "You wanna hear something gross?" that was a warning to stop reading! :D

Angie
02-27-2009, 05:45 AM
My brain was screaming "look away!" but my eyes insisted on reading every word. Now I must wash them with bleach.