PDA

View Full Version : Another OneNote Praise

theengel
02-25-2009, 02:48 AM
I just can't help how much love I'm in with Office OneNote. I was using StoryWeaver to keep track of my plots, characters, timelines, etc. As I was getting ready to update my notes (which is kind of a pain, so my notes are always about 3 chapters behind what I've already written), I thought maybe I'd switch it all over to OneNote.

I had been using OneNote for a couple of years to help me in research for non-fiction. Now I'm finding that it's every bit as useful when writing a novel.

I've also gotten my wife and kids addicted to it. Instead of leaving a bunch of notes and phone numbers written on scrap paper, dropped on the floor, and accidentally gathered into a pile of garbage, they now type telephone messages into OneNote. And when we want to check our messages, we all know there's only one spot to go to.

I just love this program.

Any other fans out there?

archerjoe
02-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Me, too. My characters' bios with pictures, etc. are in OneNote along with tons of snippets and miscellaneous notes

caromora
02-25-2009, 07:58 AM
I use OneNote for pretty much everything--brainstorming, plotting, research. It's an awesome program.

scarletpeaches
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Another lover here.

I got a new laptop and waas concerned that when the Office trial ran out, I'd have to splash out on more software or possibly try to install Word 97 with a 2000 upgrade on Vista.

Anyway, thank heavens for my aunt - she helped me out there and I went into a computer store to ask for Office 2007; they said, "We've only got Home & Student." Fine, fine, I thought, and bought it. Was delighted to discover that's the edition with OneNote on it and I love it.

I don't outline, but sometimes I write scribbles for scraps of dialogue or character names or scenes I'd like to write one day. I don't have it on my phone, though. I assume you need an iPhone for that or something similar?

Anyway...I adore it.

Wayne K
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I have no idea what any of you are talking about, but I do have office 2007 (my wife does really) Do i have this onenote thing in it somewhere?

scarletpeaches
02-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Depends on which edition you have. I have "Home and Student" and that's the only one with OneNote software on it, I think, besides the most expensive, 'has every Office program' edition.

James81
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
What about those of us who LOATHE Office 2007 and won't go beyond 2003 for their Microsoft Office needs?

Clair Dickson
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
If you have Access, chances are you do NOT have OneNote. =( (Not that I *want* stupid Access...)

DaddyCat
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
It's also available separately, for anyone who's interested. Microsoft's site has details about OneNote and I'm pretty sure you can download a Trial edition.