Not open for further replies.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
It's been an odyssey, but Murphy's Law hits the ebook "shelves" today! This book is so personal for me because it was a way to show my readers the world of horseracing. My husband and I own a small stable of harness racing horses, and I wrote this story as sort of a tribute to the wonderful, generous people who work with our animals.

So, if you're looking for a good romance with lots of horses... ;)

13949.jpg

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
congratulations. i love horse racing. when i was a kid i decided i was going to be a jockey because of the black stallion books. teacher broke my heart when he told me that at age ten i was already too tall. I read the excerpt from Murphy's Law and it crackled.

and um, maybe i'm a perv but you might want to rephrase that last sentence a bit. ;)

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy:Fantastic! Congratulations

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
congratulations. i love horse racing. when i was a kid i decided i was going to be a jockey because of the black stallion books. teacher broke my heart when he told me that at age ten i was already too tall. I read the excerpt from Murphy's Law and it crackled.

and um, maybe i'm a perv but you might want to rephrase that last sentence a bit. ;)

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the excerpt. I always have a hard time picking them, so I let my daughter choose. She'll be glad to know she did a good job.

And... LOL!! I hadn't even thought about it being read that way. Oh, how I love to laugh -- especially at me. :tongue

Last edited:

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Sandy, wishing you many, many sales.

Thanks, Deb! That means a lot to me.

Just to bring a point home for those of you who write straight romance and not erotica, if you go ebook, don't expect huge sales. Erotica sells as fast as they can write it in ebook. Romance doesn't. I choose Siren-BookStrand because I also will have a print release. That is where I'm pinning my hopes for more sales.

KVL

Registered
Reaction score
London, but I left my heart in San Francisco
Coming out of lurkdom to say congratulations! I was studying the cover picture in your post for ages wondering what the heck the artist had done with the saddle until I scrolled down and read that it was a harness-racing horse! :)

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Coming out of lurkdom to say congratulations! I was studying the cover picture in your post for ages wondering what the heck the artist had done with the saddle until I scrolled down and read that it was a harness-racing horse! :)

:roll: Looks a bit... different doesn't it?

Thanks, KVL!!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Woo Hoo! On my way to get this one, Sandy. And I see that Free Falling, book 2 in the series is out next month? Perfect!!!! I love series!!!

Thanks, Lainey! You're such a sweetheart. :2angel:
The Damaged Heroes series is really special to me. I sure hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Amazing!

I really, really enjoyed Murphy's Law, Sandy! Different from Turning Thirty-Twelve, but still so good I could never pick a fav between the two.

No wonder you contracted several books and signed with an agent all in a matter of weeks!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I really, really enjoyed Murphy's Law, Sandy! Different from Turning Thirty-Twelve, but still so good I could never pick a fav between the two.

No wonder you contracted several books and signed with an agent all in a matter of weeks!

Thanks, Lainey!! :e2flowers Murphy's Law has come a long way... And I'm so proud of it now! I can't wait until Turning Thirty-Twelve hits print in a few weeks!!

It was nice to see both my stories in the top ten mainstream titles. Sorry -- had to brag a little... I hate "pimping" my own books. :e2paperba

Shamrockgreen

A day on the skeet range helps the frustration
Registered
Reaction score
WTG! Here's to great sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.