Ctrl-A

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Naughty, naughty Bart! Never, ever delete your writing in its entirety. Not even when it sucks in a most spectacular fashion.

Without any doubt, it contains parts which are salvageable, whether it's a concept or a ten-word phrase or a line of dialogue.

Create a "deletions" file (or several, one for each large work) and after you Ctrl-A, hit Ctrl-X, open the deletions file and hit Ctrl-V.

Seriously, dude, you probably killed something, or several somethings, which deserved to live.

Maryn, pro-life when it comes to deletions

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Naughty, naughty Bart! Never, ever delete your writing in its entirety. Not even when it sucks in a most spectacular fashion.

Without any doubt, it contains parts which are salvageable, whether it's a concept or a ten-word phrase or a line of dialogue.

Create a "deletions" file (or several, one for each large work) and after you Ctrl-A, hit Ctrl-X, open the deletions file and hit Ctrl-V.

Seriously, dude, you probably killed something, or several somethings, which deserved to live.

I usually advocate the same, but, uh...

Last night, I sent the beginning of a short to the Big Trashcan In The Sky, and I'm not sorry for it. :D Sometimes, crap is crap, and trying to find the salvageable gem ain't worth the hassle.

Sometimes.

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.

Yes, quite... what Maryn just said.

p.s. I'm a card-carrying member of that pro-life chapter.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What, they've got cards? I'll have to send away...

Maryn, who's got hundreds of thousands of words in such files--but amazingly, can usually find what she wants