[Ctrl-A].

[Delete].

Sigh.

Joe270
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Ya okay there, Bart?

Maryn
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Naughty, naughty Bart! Never, ever delete your writing in its entirety. Not even when it sucks in a most spectacular fashion.

Without any doubt, it contains parts which are salvageable, whether it's a concept or a ten-word phrase or a line of dialogue.

Create a "deletions" file (or several, one for each large work) and after you Ctrl-A, hit Ctrl-X, open the deletions file and hit Ctrl-V.

Seriously, dude, you probably killed something, or several somethings, which deserved to live.

Maryn, pro-life when it comes to deletions

Wayne K
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
[Ctrl-A].

[Delete].

Sigh.
You don't work at the pentagon do you?

Cranky
02-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Naughty, naughty Bart! Never, ever delete your writing in its entirety. Not even when it sucks in a most spectacular fashion.

Without any doubt, it contains parts which are salvageable, whether it's a concept or a ten-word phrase or a line of dialogue.

Create a "deletions" file (or several, one for each large work) and after you Ctrl-A, hit Ctrl-X, open the deletions file and hit Ctrl-V.

Seriously, dude, you probably killed something, or several somethings, which deserved to live.

I usually advocate the same, but, uh...

Last night, I sent the beginning of a short to the Big Trashcan In The Sky, and I'm not sorry for it. :D Sometimes, crap is crap, and trying to find the salvageable gem ain't worth the hassle.

Sometimes.

smoothseas
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM

Yes, quite... what Maryn just said.

p.s. I'm a card-carrying member of that pro-life chapter.

Maryn
02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
What, they've got cards? I'll have to send away...

Maryn, who's got hundreds of thousands of words in such files--but amazingly, can usually find what she wants