PDA

View Full Version : Do you have different moods - like on AW and in RL?

Susie
02-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Like in RL I'm very unhappy today, for a few reasons, but here I'm happy cuz I'm w. my friends. What about you?

Please discuss.

Angie
02-24-2009, 04:57 AM
:Hug2:

Susie
02-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Aww, many thx. :Hug2: to you Angie, but don'tcha want to tell me about your moods on AW and in RL?

Angie
02-24-2009, 05:03 AM
I keep my bad moods off the boards. I come here to lift my bad mood, usually by being completely ridiculous with my buddies. (Looking at you, DL.)

Susie
02-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Yep, me too!

bsolah
02-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I'm in a kind of dull mood too, though like others tend to avoid being "emo" and bringing my bad mood into AW. If my mood is really bad, it's hard for me to even visit AW because I can't even pretend I'm in a good mood sometimes.

Neurotic
02-24-2009, 05:23 AM
I usually have a little whiney tantrum and then get silly and get over it. I'm a simple creature really. :)

:Hug2: Hope your RL unhappiness passes.

Ken
02-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I thought AW was RL?
(Someone had to say it ;-)
ps Hugs, Susie :-)

Haggis
02-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm pretty much in a foul mood everywhere I go. :D

Angie
02-24-2009, 05:34 AM

I have something to cheer you up, little dog.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/GoodDogGoats-MilkBone.jpg

Haggis
02-24-2009, 05:47 AM
I have something to cheer you up, little dog.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/GoodDogGoats-MilkBone.jpg

:e2cry:

Susie
02-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Is that a chocolate bone? :D

Haggis
02-24-2009, 06:02 AM

Chocolate or not, I'd always share it with you, Susie.

You don't mind a bit of drool, do you? :)

stormie
02-24-2009, 06:08 AM
In real life I am stormy. Seriously. Ask my sons.

Here--I feel good. I'm among friends who are writers too, who understand what it's like to talk back to your characters. Or eat over the keyboard while working on a ms. Or spew coffee when reading something on these boards that's funny. Or cheering when one of us gets their work accepted by an editor. Makes me feel that the writing is all worth while.

Neurotic
02-24-2009, 06:12 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/3305535948_86905dbb19.jpg?v=0

:)

Mumut
02-24-2009, 06:13 AM
I get a lift when I'm here. It even brightens my mood if I'm trying to help lift someone else's mood.

KTC
02-24-2009, 06:18 AM
I am always 1 second away from a mood change. That's why I so appreciate the people in my circle.

Happy happy, Susie. This too shall pass.

Beach Bunny
02-24-2009, 06:19 AM
It kind of depends on what is happening in the real world and what is happening in real life. Mostly, I log onto AW to play with my friends. It's a good pick me up. However, sometimes stuff happens here that puts me in a foul mood which I take into the real world. So, there is a bit of crossover. :Shrug: What was the question?

Really? I would have never guessed that about you, Haggis.

Angie
02-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I am always 1 second away from a mood change. That's why I so appreciate the people in my circle.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/CupofCoffee.jpg

brad_b
02-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Aw, Suzie, come here... :Hug2: Moods are strange critters. I have melancholy moods at times...okay, a lot... which I don't mind since it gives me a chance to reflect on things. Generally I'm pretty upbeat about things and I guess that's reflected in how I write. If I'm in a down mood, for the most part I avoid other people until I snap out of it. If I happen to be down when I'm on here, I usually go to a corner and quietly read threads or work on things. Sometimes moods just have to run their course though we can control how we deal with them. I suppose it boils down to the importance we place on something; if it's something we care about it's going to affect us more than something we can allow to slide. How we approach that is what affects our moods, IMO.

Just know that you're loved, Suzie, wherever you go on here, and I appreciate seeing you no matter where I run into you at AW... so smile, sweetie... this, too, shall pass. :)

Susie
02-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
You're all a cut above the rest
Yep, that's true!!!

Many thanks, guys. I was more posting the thread to know how you guys are doing than for me, but I sure apprecaite your sweet comments and the chocolate dog bone is divine! :Hug2: to y'all!

DL Hegel
02-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Like in RL I'm very unhappy today, for a few reasons, but here I'm happy cuz I'm w. my friends. What about you?

Please discuss.

I have awesome friends here--so even if it's a bad day in RL--I can still smile here---big hugs Suse:)

DL Hegel
02-24-2009, 09:17 AM
I keep my bad moods off the boards. I come here to lift my bad mood, usually by being completely ridiculous with my buddies. (Looking at you, DL.)

Angie you rock---and so does your Boomage:D

Sneaky Devil
02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
What's not to love about coming to AW? This is always where I come when I need my spirits lifted.

And here's why:
friends
chocolate
killer threads
chocolate
peeps that crack me up
chocolate
Susie love :D
chocolate
poetry from a friend that ALWAYS makes me bust a gut
not to mention all the individual AWers i could list here
*sighs in relief* I :heart: me some AW. :D

Susie
02-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Aww, Kerri, that's so sweet and back atcha! I feel the same. Your list is very similar to mine ('cept I'll insert your name). :D Many thx. You guyz sure cheer me up! ((((((HUGS)))) & :Cake: for all!

emc07
02-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Please discuss.

Sorry you are unhappy Susie. Hope things work out for you.

I'm still pretty new to AW, but I feel a kindred spirit with you all, so I am usually in a pretty good mood here.

In RL, it depends, like tonight, I had puppy woes, but work was ok for a change. Depends on the day really. Even if I am unhappy on the inside, my husband is really the only one that can tell :)

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I am the same on AW, and the other boards I belong to, as I am in real life; If I'm happy, I'll be jovial in my postings, if I'm not so happy, that comes across too and I snap occasionally. I don't believe in putting on a face for people on the internet, the same as I wouldn't in real life; I'm me and people just have to accept me as I am, for the good and the bad.

Greenify13
02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh wow! This is an amazingly interesting topic to bring up, I am always thinking about the differences between me in RL and AW...There are not many, I am a what you see is what you get. However in RL I had noticed that I didn't laugh and smile so much, and sometimes not at all. In RL I always as though the 'me' that I am is not the 'me' I should be, or not good enough. Alas, here I can be myself and not worry overly much about feeling out of place...The people here have in the past been better then the people in RL, but there are many factors that make me happy when I am here compared to RL...
People have a way of changing my perspective and mood when it comes to many things/subjects while here.
Sneaks, jvc, Cali, Ren, Annayna, Tia, Race, Pilot, moblues, crownedsun, Don, Cooee, Susie, Aunty Bug. The list could probably continue and oddly enough is in no particular order. They all plus others have added to my life, and sometimes in different ways then others. And make me happier and a little forgetfull of stresses in RL.

The Traditional Irish Pub, Don's TPLPT Bar, The Looney Bin :D my AW baby!, AW Chapbook and its frequenters has helped me out tremendously.

And as time went on I was able to gain more confidence in both AW and RL. While I actually write and share my poetry here, I have found that I lack the confidence to share any with peeps in my RL. Something I hope to overcome. And here I can get away with my nonsense rambling, compared to RL where I can barely put two sentences together. But there are also times that when RL gets so bad or good that they intermix and I can't help but to feel overly 'bad' or ....here as well. In such circumstances I try to avoid at all costs letting it cross over and be let known to many.
But I have rambled on, I hope-really hope that tomorrow is a better day for you and that you will be able to look at your thread and think "Ah well, alls well that ends well" :D something like that, just know you have friends here who like you no matter your mood or day!

AmandaAcidic
02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I tend to come on here angry a lot.

Then I go to this thread. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124160) And somehow. The anger is just lifted away.

For real though, I don't really have close friends on here I still get a lift coming on here and talking to people who understand how I think and why I do some of the insane things I do (talking to my characters, reading books 18 times, etc). It's a good place to come when RL just isn't cutting it.

Susie
02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Thx much, guys for very insightful posts and for the kind words, emc. Most appreciated. Hope you all have a good day and you have cheered me in RL, too. Much appreciation. ((((((HUS))))).