PDA

View Full Version : Bathing in the Water Source

Horserider
02-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Is bathing in a natural spring that provides water to the stream you drink out of okay? Or do you need completely seperate sources of water.

Is it even possible to have a natural spring provide water for a stream?

Kitty Pryde
02-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, it's always preferable to bathe downstream from where you take out your drinking water.

Puma
02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Yes, natural springs do provide water to streams - I have a couple small ones feeding the stream behind my house. Some streams even begin at springs.

As far as bathing in the water goes, you'd want to get water to drink upstream from where you bath so the dirty bath water doesn't contaminate the drinking water. Of course, thinking back to the old days when most people got their water from streams - whoever was upstream from a house (and their cattle) made use of the stream before it got to the next house - so obviously drinking water that was bathed in didn't cause a lot of problems. Actually micro-organisms in the water are more a cause for concern than bath water. Puma

cbenoi1
02-24-2009, 12:58 AM
> it's always preferable to bathe downstream

No kidding. Imagine a toddler bathing upstream and then 'the big brown shark came'...

-cb

SouthernFriedJulie
02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
> it's always preferable to bathe downstream

No kidding. Imagine a toddler bathing upstream and then 'the big brown shark came'...

-cb

So, you know my son.

----

You can bathe in the same water if this is for the same book as the eggs post. If your guy is not using soap and is basically just rinsing the dirst off himself, you're good to go. A spring issues from the ground, anyway. A little extra dirt isn't going to hurt.

No pee'ing, though. That's just not tasty. But recycling is in.