PDA

View Full Version : Kinda cool thing

rhymegirl
05-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Last night I went to a cast party. Back in February, our local community theatre group performed my short play along with 4 others in Providence. My son put the videotaped performances on a DVD, complete with music and credits, and we all sat and watched on a big screen. It was really cool! He made copies of the DVD for all of us. :)

William Haskins
05-28-2005, 09:56 PM
i bet that really felt good. nothing like seeing your words come to life like that.

congratulations.

gogoshire
05-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Congrats! That is so neat. It must have been great to watch it with everyone together.

Last year a university produced one of my plays. They had permission to use it, but they didn't ask me about recording it. I was sent a DVD of it and told that they were using it as promotional material for their theatre BA program. I don't know whether to be pissed or flattered. It IS nice to have a DVD of my production, though (even if they are profiting and I'm not!).

mommie4a
05-28-2005, 10:36 PM
That is really neat, Kate. And to know you'll always have it - fun. Thanks for sharing.

brokenfingers
05-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow, that is cool.

Congratulations!!

rhymegirl
05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
i bet that really felt good. nothing like seeing your words come to life like that.

congratulations.

It was SO much fun writing this play--a comedy. When I sat in the audience watching along with them that night in February I was so nervous, wondering whether they would laugh or not. I thought, if they don't laugh, I'm gonna feel like crap. Luckily, the girl who played the lead character did a great job.

They laughed! :banana:

Susie
05-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi, Kate,

Roses R Red
Violets R Too.
That is really
Wonderful for you!

That's super. What a great feeling that must be and what a great son you have!

Hugs, Susie:)

rhymegirl
05-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks, Susie.
Yes, my son is very special, very talented. I'm very proud of him.

Oh, and my daughter performed in my play as the evil doctor's assistant. She did a great job. BTW, she just got accepted into college the other day. She will be majoring in art.

Susie
06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Wow, Kate, you and your family rock! That's so cool. CONGRATS! on it all.

Hugs, Susie:)

Rose Red
06-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Congrats, what a wonderful experience for you, plus you get to relive it every time you watch the DVD! Good job. :)