PDA

View Full Version : Phelps to World: If I'm wrong, may God strike me dead!

Bartholomew
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v886/251/27/529650892/n529650892_1168323_1281.jpg

...little overkill there, God. Just a little.

Wayne K
02-23-2009, 10:27 AM
You just reminded me that I left my bong at my brothers house.
ETA: true story!

Mr Flibble
02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Part of me was disappointed when he got barred from the UK.

I wanted to see everyone laugh at him before he got jumped after closing time.

jubileerocker
02-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't care what he did. Phelps is my hero. I'm from Maryland born and breed and grew up swimming in the same waters he did. Now I'm trapped in Kentucky and I miss pointing my finger at a tv and saying 'you know what, yes in Maryland we can swim and we can swim good." (People here a deathly afraid of water and no one knows how to swim)

KTC
02-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm wondering if Sean Penn's acceptance speech was referring to this asscrack. He said something about the people outside on the way in. Was Phelps there damning all the homosexuals to hell? That's who I thought of as Penn made the comment.

thethinker42
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't care what he did. Phelps is my hero. I'm from Maryland born and breed and grew up swimming in the same waters he did. Now I'm trapped in Kentucky and I miss pointing my finger at a tv and saying 'you know what, yes in Maryland we can swim and we can swim good." (People here a deathly afraid of water and no one knows how to swim)

I think the OP is referring to Fred Phelps, not Michael Phelps. ;)

thethinker42
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Ooo! Another Freddy thread, which means I can post another one of my pictures of him:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/thethinker42/phelps2qu-1.jpg

Seriously, that man makes my blood boil like no other.

KTC
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
yes. Not Michael. THE EVIL PHELPS.

KTC
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM

I HEAR YA!

Komnena
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey, I'm from Kentucky and I can swim. There are swimming pools here. We're not totally uncivilized here, y'all know.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I <3 Kentucky. Lovely state.

I laugh at people like him. They're so negative they're funny. In the grand scheme of things, he's only screwing himself over in the end.

maestrowork
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Death would be his least concern. Try eternal damnation. God is watching.

Wayne K
02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Ooo! Another Freddy thread, which means I can post another one of my pictures of him:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/thethinker42/phelps2qu-1.jpg

Oh goody, he's back.....

scarletpeaches
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Strangely, this man doesn't make me angry.

Possibly because I'm white and straight (well, mostly). If he were better-known in the UK and I was the focus of his hate, I expect I'd feel differently.

But, like Ray said and I honestly believe this is true, "God is watching."

Wayne K
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Strangely, this man doesn't make me angry.

Possibly because I'm white and straight (well, mostly). If he were better-known in the UK and I was the focus of his hate, I expect I'd feel differently.

But, like Ray said and I honestly believe this is true, "God is watching."
Now I have Bette Midler in my head.

DaddyCat
02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Fred Phelps and those like him make me think of St. Paul, paraphrasing the prophets, "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Mr Flibble
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
If he were better-known in the UK and I was the focus of his hate, I expect I'd feel differently.

The government have told him he's not allowed to hate over here. Shame innit?

Wayne K
02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
How long does it take God to respond to something like this?

donroc
02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Has he had the guts to take his crusade to San Francisco?

scarletpeaches
02-23-2009, 07:24 PM
The government have told him he's not allowed to hate over here. Shame innit?

Can't he hate from a distance? Aren't his powers strong enough?

How long does it take God to respond to something like this?

He's busy at the moment. Please leave a message after the Amen.

Mr Flibble
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM

I don't think the theatre in Basingstoke he was going to picket / rant at can hear him from that far away. He needs better superpowers. Which God would give him, if he thought he was right, surely? ;)

Wayne K

He's busy at the moment. Please leave a message after the Amen.
I just get the same message over and over when I call, and it sounds like there's laughter in the background

scarletpeaches
Wow. I didn't think Basingstoke was that bad.

I'd suggest Phelps snuck in the back door but apparently that's against his religion...*snerk*

kristie911
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm tired of waiting for God to strike him down...I'd like to do it with a Greyhound bus.

*waits patiently at the corner, revving the engine*

KTC
02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm tired of waiting for God to strike him down...I'd like to do it with a Greyhound bus.

He does not deserve a death that swift.

jubileerocker
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow I feel very out of the loop, I'm sorry. But seriously I'm in Pikeville Kentucky and people like casually ask if I can swim or the topic comes up and they get all wide eyed and bewildered like I'm an alien because I know how to swim... Who's Fred Phelps?

KTC
02-23-2009, 07:45 PM
You don't want to know. You can't unknow if you find out. Google will tell you.

Wayne K
02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
This guy really sounds like he has some real mental baggage, or he's gay. But he also looks like the kind who figures if he can't play there won't be a game at all. I believe in his right to an opinion though.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. Thomas Paine.
My right to call him a braying jackass is protected by that.

thethinker42
02-24-2009, 04:00 AM
This guy really sounds like he has some real mental baggage, or he's gay. But he also looks like the kind who figures if he can't play there won't be a game at all. I believe in his right to an opinion though.
Thomas Paine.
My right to call him a braying jackass is protected by that.

I think he is. That man is so far in the closet, his passport was issued out of Narnia.

WittyWordsmith
02-24-2009, 04:13 AM
I've been told before that the reason some people speak out so negatively about some things is that they are ashamed to have it within themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if a former gay lover came out of the woodwork somewhere and ruined his reputation.

I don't care what your stance is on something, hate never makes it better. That man is the embodiment of hypocrisy.

KTC
02-24-2009, 04:19 AM
I think he's gay too. Phelps--are you googling yourself? I know you're gay. (But, hey...that's okay)

(-;

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-24-2009, 04:21 AM
He does not deserve a death that swift.

Quoted for truth.

rhymegirl
02-24-2009, 04:46 AM

Good one. Go get him, Kristie!

Bartholomew
02-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Just for clarification, I am not talking about Michael Phelps, the swimmer, whom I greatly admire.

LeeFlower
02-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Is it just me, or is Phelps starting to look a little zombified? I see his pictures these days, and I expect his signs to be graffitied over in blood with demands for "BRAAIIIIIINNNNSSSS!"

Or maybe he's turned into a Nosferatu? That would be pretty awesome, actually, because then we'd have an awesome counter-slogan: "God Hates Fangs!"

maestrowork
02-24-2009, 05:24 AM
I've been told before that the reason some people speak out so negatively about some things is that they are ashamed to have it within themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if a former gay lover came out of the woodwork somewhere and ruined his reputation.

Ugh, who would have sex with him? The gays have better taste.

WittyWordsmith
02-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Point taken. Nicely put! But let's not exclude any boys who may have been unwitting subjects at the time. Though, that would be an entirely different ball of issues.