MMS 4.0 - half the page is missing

krano

Registered
Reaction score
i recently installed movie magic screenwriter onto a new laptop with vista. whenever i open a new file, only half the page is available. when i load old scripts, i experience the same problem - each page is cut in half and i have twice as many pages.

i worked with mms on vista before and never experienced this problem. has anyone here dealt with this?

thanks.

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
MMS and Vista

You might try the home page for MMS and check the FAQ or Known Issues section for version 4.x. There may be something there about the Vista issue.

I am sure you know that version 4.x was completed a long, long time before Vista came along. (I used version 4.x under Windows 95!) Many "legacy" programs have had problems running under Vista. You might want to think about upgrading to MMS 6.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Check your default printer driver settings. MM looks at this to get page size info. Just going by what you've said, I'd be wondering whether something got screwed up if, just for example's sake, you'd recently been printing landscape, or photographs, etc. (Just saying, I have PrimoPDF installed and use this as my default printer driver.)

-Derek (still using MM 4.73 on Vista)

Last edited: