Can I share? Baby goats!

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
Minutes old baby goats.

A couple of notes:

1) I didn't chuck the baby. I set him down and he sort've toppled into the camera.

2) The camera's the webcam on my laptop.

3) The wire is now out of the pen. (I was repairing the fence last weekend -- goats are brutal on fencing -- and missed that little piece.)

4) That is the world's best dog.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It's Mardi Gras time in New Orleans. A parade is passing three blocks from my house. I can hear the bands and the crowd cheering. The baby goats beat that hands down. They're adorable. :)

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's great. There are little lambs up the street from me, and I look for them every morning when I'm out for my 'constitutional'. Love baby critters, human babies, not so much :D.

MM

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Four-footed lawn mowers... way too cute.

Do mama goats usually have twins?

Dogs are helpful like that. Whey my SIL used to foster orphaned kittens, her dog would ‘help’ by rolling them over with his nose and lick their tummies, after the kittens were bottle fed.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, goats often have multiples. Oooooooooooooooooooh, I miss having goats. In a few short weeks I will again have goats and this video made me so glad. Is there anything cuter and more playful than a baby goat? Squuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're getting goats? We need pics of those ones too :)

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmmm. . . baby goat. Delicious.

Dog looks hungry too.

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
What a lovely thing to share with us. Thank you. The dog is brilliant.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....they are so cute....and their little tails.....sigh.

Thanks for sharing this.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I like the idea of 'fainting goats'. If they try to run away from you, you just clap your hands and the goat locks up like a police 'bait car'.

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
I had all boys this year -- I lost four does (and a buck and a wether) to a dog pack last summer. I only have two does left and was really bummed to have all bucks. The older white doe is eight or nine. I haven't decided if I want to try breeding her again. I had hoped to get a doe kid out of her and then retire her after this breeding.

I will probably keep one of the bucklings in the video as a backup buck & sell the rest, and try again for more does next winter. The two older white kids will go with me to the farmer's market next weekend, if I can shake the death plague from hell that's settled in my lungs. So it goes with livestock ...

These guys don't have much meat on them for eating. They're Nigerian goats, which are a dairy breed. Most people want them for pets or, in the case of girls if you're so lucky as to get some, for milk.

But the babies are fun anyway. :)

Oh, Nigerians almost always have multiples. Mine generally have two or three. The white doe -- Princess -- was one of a set of quads.

Last edited:

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Clicked on the link, but it wouldn't load. I'll try again in a bit, but I love baby goats :D

A friend of mine has one on her farm and I visit, regularly. She's adorable. I'd love to have one, or 2. Maybe, in my new place I'll be able to. 'Course, I'll have to check w/ the pups and see what they have to say about it...

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
Clicked on the link, but it wouldn't load. I'll try again in a bit, but I love baby goats :D

A friend of mine has one on her farm and I visit, regularly. She's adorable. I'd love to have one, or 2. Maybe, in my new place I'll be able to. 'Course, I'll have to check w/ the pups and see what they have to say about it...

You realize your sig line is really evil and I just spent a good thirty seconds trying to squish it?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
You realize your sig line is really evil and I just spent a good thirty seconds trying to squish it?
I don't understand where you're coming from with that comment.

When you have a chance, please elaborate what you mean, in particular the "really evil" portion of your statement.