PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Hell...Here's Proof.

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 05:13 AM
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/julie_fletcher/?action=view&current=WeatherUnderground.jpg

I had my now disowned inlaws believing the end of the world was coming last winter after they'd ticked me off and I wanted to have a bit of evil fun.

You'd think that after the fake CNN page I did on Bigfoot being discovered would have tipped them off. Friday they both called off work, actually used the excuse that they were afraid of the asteroid. No, I didn't feel bad at all.

And I still don't. :-)

I do feel bad about doing it to my mom, too though. Heh.

Death Wizard
02-22-2009, 05:16 AM
There's hell ... and then there's hell.

DL Hegel
02-22-2009, 05:28 AM
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/julie_fletcher/?action=view&current=WeatherUnderground.jpg

I had my now disowned inlaws believing the end of the world was coming last winter after they'd ticked me off and I wanted to have a bit of evil fun.

You'd think that after the fake CNN page I did on Bigfoot being discovered would have tipped them off. Friday they both called off work, actually used the excuse that they were afraid of the asteroid. No, I didn't feel bad at all.

I can't see the pic on my iPhone but it sounds funny. You can't go to hell for joke:) or I am doomed too:D

Enjoy:D

Angie
02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Oh, but this prank couldn't have been pulled on more deserving people. :ROFL:

Williebee
02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Damn, I wish I'd thought of that. Outstanding! :)

sassandgroove
02-22-2009, 05:45 AM
that's cool

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 05:51 AM
The real reason I am going to hell is forgetting to tell my mom it was a prank. I felt SO bad. Trying to apologize while howling with laughter isn't all that convincing though.

Matera the Mad
02-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Well, shucks, they needed a lesson on trusting Internet misinfo. lol

Jersey Chick
02-22-2009, 06:35 AM
That was awesome! Don't worry - I'll save you a shady space down there - you'll be in good company. :D

TerzaRima
02-22-2009, 07:02 AM
That's beautiful.

benbradley
02-22-2009, 07:05 AM

So I glanced and saw this was a weather report, not a CNN.com headline like this one (http://musicalgearbox.com/cnnorbit.jpg) (unretouched screenshot I Did Not Make That One Up!), then clicked to show it full-size. It's got a forecast and four days ahead it says "Partly Cloudy/Asteroid Impact."

THEY FELL FOR A SCREENSHOT OF A WEATHER FORECAST "HEADLINE?" Without doing ANY research whatsoever???

:ROFL::roll:

The real reason I am going to hell is forgetting to tell my mom it was a prank. I felt SO bad. Trying to apologize while howling with laughter isn't all that convincing though.
I presume you still have a reasonably good relationship with your mother.

If it really sounded THAT insincere, perhaps you should have called your in-laws and apologized to them too. :D

Regardless, I'm glad I'll be in such good company after I die.

Well, shucks, they needed a lesson on trusting Internet misinfo. lol
Fixed that for ya. LOL.

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 07:27 AM
So I glanced and saw this was a weather report, not a CNN.com headline like this one (http://musicalgearbox.com/cnnorbit.jpg) (unretouched screenshot I Did Not Make That One Up!), then clicked to show it full-size. It's got a forecast and four days ahead it says "Partly Cloudy/Asteroid Impact."

THEY FELL FOR A SCREENSHOT OF A WEATHER FORECAST "HEADLINE?" Without doing ANY research whatsoever???

:ROFL::roll:

I presume you still have a reasonably good relationship with your mother.

If it really sounded THAT insincere, perhaps you should have called your in-laws and apologized to them too. :D

Regardless, I'm glad I'll be in such good company after I die.

Fixed that for ya. LOL.

This was a drawn out prank. First I told them there was something on the news about an asteroid heading this way. Then I pretended to read from 'Googled' sites. The last bit in the prank was the WeatherUnderground site. What I did was go..."See, I TOLD you, even the damned weather site has no more updates after the Friday Impact!"

My mother has pulled things on me, it's just something we do. For instance, when I first started working on a farm when I was 19 she told me that I wouldn't like measuring the bulls. I had no idea what she was talking about. She explained that we had to go out in the pasture with a measuring tape and measure the bulls'...AHEM. Needless to say this was not a job I was looking forward to. The woman let me believe this and even let me ask my 70 year old boss when we had to do it. He laughed so hard he choked on his beer.

So, yeah. She deserves whatever I can dish back out at her. ;-) I did feel bad because she was actually worried.

The inlaws can rot on a stick. Nevermind, I deleted this line 3 times and can't think of anything to say that won't make me sound purely evil.

Silver King
02-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Wait a minute. You mentioned yesterday (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132133) that your in-laws left for entirely different reasons.

Maybe I'm just confused, which wouldn't be surprising.

C.bronco
02-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Your genius has yet to reap its rewards.

I salute you from the bottom of my heart.

You are my hero.

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Wait a minute. You mentioned yesterday (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132133) that your in-laws left for entirely different reasons.

Maybe I'm just confused, which wouldn't be surprising.

They didn't leave over the prank, this joke was last winter. They left because they're bottom feeding scoundrels. I just found this graphic in a photobucket account I uploaded pictures of what they did to my house into.

It made me laugh and I thought I'd share.

I could only wish that an asteroid had hit them.

C.bronco
02-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Asteroids are hard to come by. They're so flighty.

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Asteroids are hard to come by. They're so flighty.

You have no idea how hard I am clenching my fingers to keep from making a comment about 'come by'.

Really. Please don't. Not tonight. I'm in one of those 'I am going to be as goofy as possible' moods that get me out of funks.

Williebee
02-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Miss Julie? If that gets you sent to hell? Rest assured, I'm driving the bus.

C.bronco
02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Goofy can never be bad.

Mel Brooks lines have been popping into my head for two days. Yesterday it was, "Not so lucky, Pierre!"

Just go with it.
:)

SouthernFriedJulie
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Miss Julie? If that gets you sent to hell? Rest assured, I'm driving the bus.

That's MRS. Julie, to you, Bubsy. ;-)
Lordy, I couldn't relate the stuff that would really be having me sent to hell. Certain people on here, (ie- CatMuse or WynterMoon) might find out I stolt their Sharpie.

Yes, I wrote 'stolt'. Anyone correct it and I'll steal their Sharpie the put it in a delicate place.

Goofy can never be bad.

Mel Brooks lines have been popping into my head for two days. Yesterday it was, "Not so lucky, Pierre!"

Just go with it.
:)

Bwaha!

Laughing has always been what kept me from going insane nuts loopy AH HELL, it didn't work.