PDA

View Full Version : The nerve of some people!!!

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:00 PM
somebody deleted me from their facebook.

I don't know if I should be offended, or laugh.

I'm offended because I want to know what "fantastic ole me" could have done or said to offend somebody enough to delete me from their 75 friends. Was I pushing them over their limit of acceptable friends? Do they have a fetish with even numbers, and my being the odd number was too much to handle?

Was my sense of humor misconstrued for rude and obnoxious?

People, either you know me, or you don't.

What's hilarious is we worked together. So it's not like I was some stranger, or a friend of a friend. She KNEW me at one time. I haven't changed THAT MUCH.

Am I that offensive that I should be DELETED?

writerterri
02-20-2009, 10:02 PM
You're just a plain ol'buttface? I don't know. I just wanted to offer you something. Maybe you monkey around too much.

:tongue

Mean people suck!

Dork.

quickWit
02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Mean people suck!

Edited for clarity.

Dorknahalf.

Carry on. :)

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Pth.

quickWit
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Pth.

That's just the kind of attitude that got you into this mess. :)

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I emailed her and asked her why she deleted me. Yea. Nothin like puttin someone on the spot.

BenPanced
02-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I've had people on LiveJournal "friend" me because "ur funny & i liekz teh funny", only to be dropped six months later. I figure it's not real life so meh.

P.H.Delarran
02-20-2009, 10:20 PM
do you use Facebook to keep in contact with this person, or are you just another face on their page?
honestly, I wouldn't take it personally or even spend any more energy on it. it's probably a case of someone feeling excessive and trying to trim a little. I did that once on myspace..deleted several 'friends' that I NEVER talked to thru that medium, all at once. well, many were members of a certain online group I belonged to, and boy did they pitch a fit. it was way more drama than it deserved. I never used myspace like they did and wanted a cleaner profile as I use mine for keeping track of my kids. I even posted a little announcement about it. but still I got the complaints and whining, 'why did you delete me but not so-and-so??' blah blah.
well..I did not feel the need to explain, and didn't. but I did talk to so-and-so often and wanted to keep them as one of the few friends on my profile.
I just don't see why it's important to have one's face on someone's profile even when one really doesn't keep contact with them there in that venue.
I've been deleted from profiles before, and then re-added later, and even deleted again. who knows why? who cares?
be glad for those who really are your friends :)

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
I had added her - to RECONNECT with her. She and I had more in common now than when we worked together, and even business wise I thought - and she showed interested in learning more about what I do.

We just reconnected maybe two weeks ago so its not like I was getting dusty.

Anywho, two others that worked with us are on my page, and they were a "click" back then, I'm wondering if I should delete them now, or let them follow her lead, which they will soon enough I'm sure.

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I guess my problem is that I have a sense of humor. Pity the fool who doesn't understand that.

Rant over.

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Is it easy to delete? Maybe it was (how's that commercial go?) premature clickage?

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know, I don't think it's THAT easy.

Wayne K
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Send her a really nice friendship card and date it for something like a week ago.

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 10:54 PM
You know, some people are just snobs. It's true. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I don't want to go on bashing her as to why I think she's a snob, but you know, go snob around somewhere else.

Everybody's shit stinks, missy.

Samantha's_Song
02-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Aw, don't worry about it. :Hug2: Someone deleted me off their friendslist this week from off there too. I only had 77 friends to begin with. I did a quick flick through my list and couldn't see who was missing, so I guess I'll miss them as much as they will me :D

As for deletions. I belong to a website where a group of friends were deleted because they loved causing trouble with other members. I was semi-friendly with them, but I was also friendly with the owner of the site and had been for many years. When there was a lot of backlash, because some people couldn't live without their internet gods, I had to choose sides; like I said, I was more of a friend with the owner than with them, so I chose him. Loads of people tossed me off their friendslist because they missed their troublemakers so much, but in the end, it showed me who my real friends were on there, didn't it. ;)

I'm offended because I want to know what "fantastic ole me" could have done or said to offend somebody enough to delete me from their 75 friends. Was I pushing them over their limit of acceptable friends? Do they have a fetish with even numbers, and my being the odd number was too much to handle?

What's hilarious is we worked together. So it's not like I was some stranger, or a friend of a friend. She KNEW me at one time. I haven't changed THAT MUCH.

nevada
02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
It's clique not click. :D To be honest i have someone on my facebook i would like to dump. but she and i never talk and the posts on my wall maybe once every few months so it's not like she's bugging me. but i'm afraid that if i dump her she'll back stab me to all the others of her "clique" and they'll dump me too even though i never talk to any of them and i'm not sure why they added me in the first place. *sigh* life was so much easier before facebook and cellphones. you could always be too busy to phone someone but there's no excuse now.

ETA it's nobody from this forum. :)

James81
02-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Looks like this is gonna be a bad day for you, because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Take that!

Samantha's_Song
02-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I was actually thinking of adding someone to my ignore list on here today, but decided not to, as I'd only nose in at their postings anyway :D

Looks like this is gonna be a bad day for you, because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Take that!

James81
02-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I was actually thinking of adding someone to my ignore list on here today, but decided not to, as I'd only nose in at their postings anyway :D

I've added millions of people to my IL just to take them off an hour later. lol

Samantha's_Song
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
LOL I've only done to two, so far, but likewise, I took them off again, but a little longer than an hour later though, more like weeks later.

I've added millions of people to my IL just to take them off an hour later. lol

Devil Ledbetter
02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
I've added millions of people to my IL just to take them off an hour later. lolI don't ignore people. I make them ignore me.;)

Samantha's_Song
02-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Aw, that's a shame, you're not one of the people I've ever thought about ignoring :tongue

I don't ignore people. I make them ignore me.;)

John Paton
02-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I emailed her and asked her why she deleted me. Yea. Nothin like puttin someone on the spot.

Have you had a reply yet ??

I have a shotgun ya know ... I can hunt her down and bring her to you !!

J/K

The noive of sum ppl.

Wayne K
02-21-2009, 01:06 AM
It's me, isn't it?

Wayne K
02-21-2009, 01:07 AM
HelloHelloHello Anyone?

Samantha's_Song
02-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Gawd no, I actually like you, and I even added you to my bnuddy list on here. You're one of the lucky seven that I have added :) Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it :D

It's me, isn't it?

Wayne K
02-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Gawd no, I actually like you, and I even added you to my bnuddy list on here. You're one of the lucky seven that I have added :) Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it :D
Wow, even saying something nice about me kills a thread. Thread Bundy strikes again.
ETA: Thanks, I'm not feeling well today and that lifted my spirits.

Samantha's_Song
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm pretty good at killing threads too, especially my own today :D

You're most welcome, and :Hug2: to you because you're not feeling well.

I'm off to bed now. Goodnight all :)

Wow, even saying something nice about me kills a thread. Thread Bundy strikes again.
ETA: Thanks, I'm not feeling well today and that lifted my spirits.

jennifer75
02-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Have you had a reply yet ??

I have a shotgun ya know ... I can hunt her down and bring her to you !!

J/K

The noive of sum ppl.

My email to her: OH my gosh did you delete me?!?!?!?!?

Her reply: I don't think so? How do you do that? And why?

I don't buy it. I deleted someone a while back - for very good reasons, and I was given a "are you sure you want to delete so and so, they will not be notified..."

She deleted me. And she didn't expect me to call her on it.

Pth.

C.bronco
02-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I can't imagine! You are always fun to have around!

jennifer75
02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
I KNOW! I TOTALLY MOST CERTAINLY ROCK... Who knows. Maybe she's the crazy one. ;)

Really though, people who don't know me, really should find a way to do so. I'm the bestest ever. I totally rock. I'm the shizznizzle. Yes, I am.

James81
02-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I KNOW! I TOTALLY MOST CERTAINLY ROCK... Who knows. Maybe she's the crazy one. ;)

Really though, people who don't know me, really should find a way to do so. I'm the bestest ever. I totally rock. I'm the shizznizzle. Yes, I am.

Hmmm...take an application and fill it out and I'll get back to you in 7 to 10 days.

jennifer75
02-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Did you finish WFE?

James81
02-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Did you finish WFE?

I'm a 120 pages into it. Might go try to read some more before I go to bed.

jennifer75
02-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll open the discussion boards in the morning.

I just hijacked my own thread.

James81
02-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Damn, now I gotta go put my arm in the book again and seep some more in via osmosis.

Greenwolf103
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Ho, boy. I can relate!

But with MySpace, not Facebook.

I have a writer friend who I've known for years and added on MySpace. After some time, I noticed I was a friend short. (And, yes, I DO notice that!) I looked up my friend, cuz he'd been complaining about bulletins I've posted, and, yup, you guessed it. This friend had dropped me. I asked him about it and he said it was an accidental deletion. (orly??) He's back on the Friends list and, apparently, as long as I don't post those survey bulletins, we're cool.

Well, these days, I don't even have the TIME to fill out surveys, anyway. But I think that was still uncool. The reason wasn't really stated but we both know what went down, and why.

I'm glad you put your friend on the spot like that. I hope you get to talk it out.

Usually, if someone deletes me, I don't know who it is or why. (Apparently, I'm guilty of so many imaginary crimes.) But it's gotten to where I just don't care anymore. I'm just gonna be me and if people take issue with that, well...they can go ahead and delete me. Don't need that kinda negative energy being thrown my way, anyhow.

And, anyway, I know who my REAL friends are on there. And they have never deleted me from their list because...THEY ROCK! THEY ARE COOL LIKE THAT! THEY DA BOMB!

I wuvs them. *sniff*

And they pretty much just ignore lame bulletins or figure my moodiness/silliness/scatterbrained-ness will pass and I'll be back to my ol' networking self again. :D

And, yes, you DO rock! :Hug2:

Samantha's_Song
02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
If I knew who'd deleted me as a friend, I would write and ask them why too, just out of interest. But I can't see who's missing on my list, so they obviously didn't matter to me anyway :Shrug:

James81
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
just email her this link Jen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-nx_RUxgg

If that don't win her back, nothing will.

jennifer75
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
When I first noticed that I couldn't view this persons page because we weren't "friends", I laughed. Then I became disgusted. Then appalled. Then I laughed again. First it bothered me that somebody deleted me because she didn't "know me". Then I realized she didn't know me because she couldn't step outside her realm of what is normal and comfortable to her - her click. Then I got mad that we are the same age, both with young children, both trying to work and be a mother, both trying as equally to hold down our forts - yet I was still too diferent to be accepted by her.

I think sometimes I assume that having a child is enough of a bond for women - that we are all fighting the same battle, for the same cause, together. Then I realize, it's not that way. Some of us are still more concerned with who's popular, who's prettier, who's more physically fit, who makes more money, or who's husband makes more money, and who has the bigger toys.

So that, is why now, I laugh.

Was that a ramble, or what?

Bartholomew
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Lucky you. People keep adding me. :(

Cassiopeia
02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
And this, (not to pick on you Jennifer ;)) is why I'm trimming down my facebook profile in every way possible. I might even just delete the darn thing. We get so used to looking at people's profiles we suddenly take them disappearing as a sign of something sinister. She might not even know you aren't on her friends list anymore. I have had a couple people drop off my list and we know that neither side deleted the other.

ETA it's nobody from this forum. :)I promise, as soon as I delete my profile things will get better for you. ;)

jennifer75
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Isn't it crazy what the internet is capable of doing to us? All of a sudden we care what people think of us. And if we aren't accepted, all hell breaks loose.

Cassiopeia
02-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I personally don't care if people want me on their facebook profiles. For the most part, I'm leaving the thing after their content fiasco.

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Where it comes to FB, I could batter my youngest brother right now. My other brother's wife has joined up, and to be honest, I cannot stand her, she's repulsive and stupid. And I really mean stupid too; I've known 5 yr olds who are more clever.than her. My brother led her to my page and she added me as a friend. I didn't want to seem horrible, so added her too, now I feel embarrassed that people can see the kind of crap she says and writes.

James81
02-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Isn't it crazy what the internet is capable of doing to us? All of a sudden we care what people think of us. And if we aren't accepted, all hell breaks loose.

Bah, I usually don't care about myspace (I think Facebooks sucks sweaty ass, so I don't have one). When it comes to friends and all that you want to know who my number one friend is? Tom, that's who. People need to give that "putting your friends in some kind of special order" shit up. It's a frikin page on a frikin server.

SouthernFriedJulie
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Well, I added you to my AW buddy list. Never used it before, so you're the first. Screw the deleting chick, you have tons of people here that like you, obviously from these replies.

I'm a mom, a writer, and I love me some Reeses Cups. I also like long walks, romantic nights in with my laptop and a bottle of wine.

You?
:-D

James81
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
you have tons of people here that like you, obviously from these replies.

We're just trying to be nice. When she leaves, we all get together and talk about her.

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
We do the same to you, James :tongue :D

We're just trying to be nice. When she leaves, we all get together and talk about her.

James81
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
:(

*slinks away*

writerterri
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Is she gone yet?

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Aw, I was only pulling your pisser, honestly :Hug2:

:(

*slinks away*

James81
02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
lol I love the way you talk.

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Thank you. It's called common over here though, but I can talk posh when I want to, I just don't want to. :D

Salem
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Jenn. Jenn, jenn, jenn. *sigh* Obviously she felt intimidated and inferior to your shexayness and your big boobies. She couldn't take it anymore so...delete. Happens to me all the time.

writerterri
02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Aw, I was only pulling your pisser, honestly :Hug2:

Over here in the US that means...

Ask James. He's fond of the idea. :D

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 10:19 PM
:roll:Me and James nearly got into trouble on here the other night.

I should imagine it means the same there, as over here... pulling your plonka, todger, willy... weener :D

Over here in the US that means...

Ask James. He's fond of the idea. :D

James81
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Well it was day time for me.

I have so much I want to say about those two replies, but that new supermod is overworked as it is.

Samantha's_Song
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
We're bad influences on another, as soon as we get together on here, we get a bit below the belt, literally :D

I have so much I want to say about those two replies, but that new supermod is overworked as it is.

James81
02-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Now I'm all hot and bothered.

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 03:37 AM
:roll:I get like that sometimes, it's called hot flushes at my age :D

Now I'm all hot and bothered.

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Being serious here, I've just kicked someone off my friendslist on FaceGook tonight, my brother's dog of a wife. She made a snide comment about a video I'd put on there, it wouldn't be so bad, but she's an ugly fat cow with less brains than a dinosaur. If I'm going to be insulted, I'd rather it be by someone whom I could actually respect.

James81
02-24-2009, 03:58 AM
Meh, I wouldn't delete someone because of a snide comment. I'd delete their comment (maybe, maybe not) and tell them what I thought of their comment (shove it, piss off, go fuck a goat, etc.), though.

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 04:04 AM
I did delete her comment first. If I'd have commented back, it would have been really awful, so I decided to put her out of harm's way instead :D

Meh, I wouldn't delete someone because of a snide comment. I'd delete their comment (maybe, maybe not) and tell them what I thought of their comment (shove it, piss off, go fuck a goat, etc.), though.

LeeFlower
02-24-2009, 05:49 AM
I really can't understand "friending drama." Whether you're talking about Facebook, Livejournal, Myspace, or any of a dozen other sites that use the term, "friend" does not mean what it means in the real world. It means "I have told the computer to pick up syndicated content for me from this user." I've got John Scalzi on my lj Friends List--I don't think that makes us friends. I don't know him. We don't meet up for lunch when he's in town. I just enjoy reading his posts.

There are other people who really are my friends--people who I would totally meet up for lunch with if they came to town--who are not on my friends list for reasons that are absolutely not personal. They just use their livejournals in ways that are inconsistent with the way I want to use mine, be it posting only quizzes and lyrics, or posting exclusively about an interest we don't share, or just using an avatar photo that makes my friends page Not Safe For Work when they post. My not friending them, or de-friending them, isn't me trying to tell them that they suck and they're not my friend; it's me telling the computer "please do not pick up syndicated content for me from this person." Nothing more, nothing less.

While it's certainly passive-aggressive to end a real-world friendship by removing someone from a social networking friends list, sometimes a removal is just a removal. I don't see anything wrong with that, personally.

Cassiopeia
02-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I have deleted about 20 people off my friends list that I don't even recognize their names. I'm not even sure how they came to me. I'm ruthless, I know but man, it's just annoying.

And I've deleted photos and personal info too.

:D

jennifer75
02-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Well, I added you to my AW buddy list. Never used it before, so you're the first. Screw the deleting chick, you have tons of people here that like you, obviously from these replies.

I'm a mom, a writer, and I love me some Reeses Cups. I also like long walks, romantic nights in with my laptop and a bottle of wine.

You?
:-D

ha! hilarious. I don't need to be liked. I know who I am, and what I am, what I like to drink, what I do in my spare time, and none of it involved her. So I've lost nothing with her "I don't know how to delete" actions.

jennifer75
02-24-2009, 07:52 AM

Say it isn't so!!!

Jenn. Jenn, jenn, jenn. *sigh* Obviously she felt intimidated and inferior to your shexayness and your big boobies. She couldn't take it anymore so...delete. Happens to me all the time.

God, you're a genius. Why didn't I think of that?!

Joe270
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
So you got deleted?

I've never been on anyone's facebook group, so there. Try that for social ostracism.

I have no friends.

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Neither do I; I have acquaintances.

I have no friends.

Joe270
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, let's start our own website thingy facespace deal. We could call it 'Distant Acquaintances and Inlaws', it'll be a huge hit.

Fingers
02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
No facebook, no twitter, no whatever other useless websites of the same vein I have omitted. If thats the worst thing that has happened to you lately count yourself lucky.

Everything after this point deleted before posting.

yer pal Brian

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
We could also add people we didn't like, including my s-i-l, bleh, and call it The Real Uninvited. :D

Hey, let's start our own website thingy facespace deal. We could call it 'Distant Acquaintances and Inlaws', it'll be a huge hit.

jennifer75
02-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Love the idea. I have a better idea. I copy and paste this entire thread in an email to her. ha! That would be a hoot! I'd definitely be labeled crazy and insane if I did that. Do I care?

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
We hope not! :D

Do I care?

James81
02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Love the idea. I have a better idea. I copy and paste this entire thread in an email to her. ha! That would be a hoot! I'd definitely be labeled crazy and insane if I did that. Do I care?

There's a way to download a thread into a text file. lol

jennifer75
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Don't tell me how.

Sunkissed27f
02-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I think you are spending way too much energy on this topic....this morning chica!

Sunkissed27f
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM

There is a new SuperMod?

I stay gone for a few months and come back to chaos!

James81
02-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't tell me how.

I wasn't going to anyway.

Even if I knew how to do I wouldn't tell you. Why would I tell someone on my ignore list anyway?

Samantha's_Song
02-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Jen could always Save as the AW pages too :D

I wasn't going to anyway.

Even if I knew how to do I wouldn't tell you. Why would I tell someone on my ignore list anyway?

KikiteNeko
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Aw. PM me. I'll be your facebook friend.

jennifer75
02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Sam wants me to email this thread. Dontcha.....?