The nerve of some people!!!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
somebody deleted me from their facebook.

I don't know if I should be offended, or laugh.

I'm offended because I want to know what "fantastic ole me" could have done or said to offend somebody enough to delete me from their 75 friends. Was I pushing them over their limit of acceptable friends? Do they have a fetish with even numbers, and my being the odd number was too much to handle?

Was my sense of humor misconstrued for rude and obnoxious?

People, either you know me, or you don't.

What's hilarious is we worked together. So it's not like I was some stranger, or a friend of a friend. She KNEW me at one time. I haven't changed THAT MUCH.

Am I that offensive that I should be DELETED?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're just a plain ol'buttface? I don't know. I just wanted to offer you something. Maybe you monkey around too much.

:tongue

Mean people suck!

Dork.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed her and asked her why she deleted me. Yea. Nothin like puttin someone on the spot.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've had people on LiveJournal "friend" me because "ur funny & i liekz teh funny", only to be dropped six months later. I figure it's not real life so meh.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
do you use Facebook to keep in contact with this person, or are you just another face on their page?
honestly, I wouldn't take it personally or even spend any more energy on it. it's probably a case of someone feeling excessive and trying to trim a little. I did that once on myspace..deleted several 'friends' that I NEVER talked to thru that medium, all at once. well, many were members of a certain online group I belonged to, and boy did they pitch a fit. it was way more drama than it deserved. I never used myspace like they did and wanted a cleaner profile as I use mine for keeping track of my kids. I even posted a little announcement about it. but still I got the complaints and whining, 'why did you delete me but not so-and-so??' blah blah.
well..I did not feel the need to explain, and didn't. but I did talk to so-and-so often and wanted to keep them as one of the few friends on my profile.
I just don't see why it's important to have one's face on someone's profile even when one really doesn't keep contact with them there in that venue.
I've been deleted from profiles before, and then re-added later, and even deleted again. who knows why? who cares?
be glad for those who really are your friends :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I had added her - to RECONNECT with her. She and I had more in common now than when we worked together, and even business wise I thought - and she showed interested in learning more about what I do.

We just reconnected maybe two weeks ago so its not like I was getting dusty.

Anywho, two others that worked with us are on my page, and they were a "click" back then, I'm wondering if I should delete them now, or let them follow her lead, which they will soon enough I'm sure.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I guess my problem is that I have a sense of humor. Pity the fool who doesn't understand that.

Rant over.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Is it easy to delete? Maybe it was (how's that commercial go?) premature clickage?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Send her a really nice friendship card and date it for something like a week ago.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
You know, some people are just snobs. It's true. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I don't want to go on bashing her as to why I think she's a snob, but you know, go snob around somewhere else.

Everybody's shit stinks, missy.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, don't worry about it. :Hug2: Someone deleted me off their friendslist this week from off there too. I only had 77 friends to begin with. I did a quick flick through my list and couldn't see who was missing, so I guess I'll miss them as much as they will me :D

As for deletions. I belong to a website where a group of friends were deleted because they loved causing trouble with other members. I was semi-friendly with them, but I was also friendly with the owner of the site and had been for many years. When there was a lot of backlash, because some people couldn't live without their internet gods, I had to choose sides; like I said, I was more of a friend with the owner than with them, so I chose him. Loads of people tossed me off their friendslist because they missed their troublemakers so much, but in the end, it showed me who my real friends were on there, didn't it. ;)

somebody deleted me from their facebook.

I don't know if I should be offended, or laugh.

I'm offended because I want to know what "fantastic ole me" could have done or said to offend somebody enough to delete me from their 75 friends. Was I pushing them over their limit of acceptable friends? Do they have a fetish with even numbers, and my being the odd number was too much to handle?

Was my sense of humor misconstrued for rude and obnoxious?

People, either you know me, or you don't.

What's hilarious is we worked together. So it's not like I was some stranger, or a friend of a friend. She KNEW me at one time. I haven't changed THAT MUCH.

Am I that offensive that I should be DELETED?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
It's clique not click. :D To be honest i have someone on my facebook i would like to dump. but she and i never talk and the posts on my wall maybe once every few months so it's not like she's bugging me. but i'm afraid that if i dump her she'll back stab me to all the others of her "clique" and they'll dump me too even though i never talk to any of them and i'm not sure why they added me in the first place. *sigh* life was so much easier before facebook and cellphones. you could always be too busy to phone someone but there's no excuse now.

ETA it's nobody from this forum. :)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like this is gonna be a bad day for you, because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Take that!

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of adding someone to my ignore list on here today, but decided not to, as I'd only nose in at their postings anyway :D

Looks like this is gonna be a bad day for you, because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Take that!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of adding someone to my ignore list on here today, but decided not to, as I'd only nose in at their postings anyway :D

I've added millions of people to my IL just to take them off an hour later. lol

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
LOL I've only done to two, so far, but likewise, I took them off again, but a little longer than an hour later though, more like weeks later.

I've added millions of people to my IL just to take them off an hour later. lol