Mr. License, the Polish driver

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Thought some of you, especially those with a history of traffic citations, might enjoy and/or learn from this Irish traffic story.

If anyone has a traffic ticket tale they'd like to share, whether funny or not, let 'er rip.

Bayou Bill
cool.gif

==

You're in big trouble now, Mr. License!
Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23am EST

DUBLIN (Reuters) Irish police have solved the mystery of a Polish recidivist who clocked over 50 traffic offenses on different addresses and who was never caught, after one officer noticed his name meant driving license in Polish.

An internal police memo cited by Irish papers Thursday said officers taking details of Polish traffic offenders had been mistakenly using "Prawo Jazdy," printed in the top right corner of the driving license, as the holder's name.

"Prawo Jazdy is actually Polish for driving license and not the first and surname on the license," the police memo said. "It is quite embarrassing to see the system has created Prawo Jazdy as a person with over 50 identities."

A police spokesman declined to comment on the reports.

About 200,000 Polish people flocked to Ireland during the boom years of its "Celtic Tiger" economy but a poll in November indicated a third of them planned to leave due to recession.

Last edited:

DaddyCat

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't have a traffic ticket story, but something similar to this. In my previous career, I was designing an electronic document management system for a local county's prosecutor's office. For testing, I uploaded fifty-odd "dummy" documents and entered my own name into the database as the accused. During the training session for the lawyers, I used those records as my example, and said "Holy crap, look at the rap sheet on this guy!"

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was a NYC cabdriver so I can regale you with stories later. Now I'm sick and stuffy. Good thread though I'll find it when I feel better.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty funny Bill.

Feel better soon Wayne :)