Because I'm just plain old nosy...

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
... Whenever I see a thread that has deleted postings in it, I always want to know what was said and then deleted. So far I've resisted the urge to write a personal message and ask the postee or any of the other participants yet though. :D The strange thing is, I'm not actually nosy in real life; I don't spend my time curtain twitching or anything, and I don't ever care what my neighbours are doing, honestly.

Does anyone else ever feel like this about deleted postings, or is it just me? :tongue

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Really juicy gossip

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm way nosier in real life than I am on here.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I'm just as nosy in real life... and as quiet and subtle about it. I admit-- I spy on my neighbors and eavesdrop on conversations. I blame it on being a writer. =)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
LOL My husband spies on the neighbours, then tells me, but as far as I'm concerned, they're boring. I do, however, listen to people's (complete strangers) conversations, and sometimes even join in.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
LOL My husband spies on the neighbours, then tells me, but as far as I'm concerned, they're boring. I do, however, listen to people's (complete strangers) conversations, and sometimes even join in.

I attract strangers for some reason.

Really weird strangers who want to talk my ear off about ridiculous stuff.

For example, one time I was standing outside of a KFC as we were travelling to the beach, and I was smoking a cigarette.

So this old black man drives up in his car and waves me to come over. And I swear this is what he said:

"God told me to tell you to quit smoking. I smoked for years and it made me impotent and you have no idea how hard that is on a marriage."

His message scared the bejesus out of me.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha :D I don't think I attract the weirdos as such, but I have had some very strange conversations at times. I usually get people telling me their life's history and their little secrets for some reason.

I attract strangers for some reason.

Really weird strangers who want to talk my ear off about ridiculous stuff.

For example, one time I was standing outside of a KFC as we were travelling to the beach, and I was smoking a cigarette.

So this old black man drives up in his car and waves me to come over. And I swear this is what he said:

"God told me to tell you to quit smoking. I smoked for years and it made me impotent and you have no idea how hard that is on a marriage."

His message scared the bejesus out of me.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Why can't you click locked threads? I can, and I've seen mods even tell someone to go read one to see why that subject got locked.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I can read locked threads. No one, besides mods, can see the deleted postings though, as OFG rubbed in a little while ago ;)

Why can't you click locked threads? I can, and I've seen mods even tell someone to go read one to see why that subject got locked.

Reaction score
Being such a retiring soul, I've never been part of a deleted or locked thread. :D

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
SP, I was actually speechless there for a couple of moments, and that's not something that happens very often :D

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, sorry, just started my coffee. Shouldn't have posted yet. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to know what some of the deleted posts are, specially from the more outspoken folks here. I've even asked one or two but didn't get much of an answer. I'm nosy on here, but not so much in RL. :)