Twilight Perfume Getting Stinky

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
http://talkingshopping.com/talking/2009/01/nina-ricci-suing-over-twilight.html

I remember someone posting the pictures of the Nina Ricci perfume bottle against the Twilight "perfume" bottle over in the Twilight thread a little while back. Well Nina Ricci's biting back!

What's even funnier is the Twihards are are all like, "OMG so they can, like, copy an apple now?" and "OMG she's just jelus that Twilight makes so much more money than her!!!" and so on. Some of the funniest examples are here.

There's a big fat irony there because, thanks to some of my anti-Twilight stuff on Cafepress (yeah, I got bored one night), I'm privy to their Twilight emails (damn tagging). Anyone making Twilight merchandise on Cafepress are no longer able to use an apple in their images. Any apply. Of any kind. Anywhere in the image. No apples. And they're not allowed to make journals of any kind with Twilight stuff on it, with or without apples. So I'm guessing another piece of shill is in the works for Twilight regarding some kind of journal with Blue Steel on the cover.

So, yeah. Do these guys know that The Beatles and Steve Jobs already have claims on the apple? Maybe someone should send them that memo, along with the OED definition of copyright infringement to Hot Topic.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Twilight has a perfume?

I enjoy the books, but seriously, a perfume? Essence of paper pulp, perhaps? Merchandise really does run away with itself, rediculous. That bottle though is erm, well, questionable. How on earth did the designers think they'd get away with plagiarising that design?

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
It has a perfume and every other possible material item you could conjure up... I've seen things that weren't even mentioned in the book used to inspire souvenirs like a "Cullen Crest" key chain. When did they have a CREST? How could a 100-year-old family even have a crest? C'mon now. It's just sick. And yes, that perfume is a blatant rip-off and they deserve to be called out on it.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Really though, I don't forsee this doing anything good. Almost every time anything becomes popular retailers and such literally milk it for all its worth. The public I think will just get sick of her faster this way.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
how can any one claim something as simple as an apple as exclusively theirs. that's stupid. wait, we are talking about twilight. nevermind....