Feeling watched

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Do you ever get the feeling that people are watching and criticizing everything you do?

This morning, me and my girlfriend were on the train on our way to work. And I leant over and kissed her on the shoulder.

Then two guys whispered to each other, and everytime we did anything they would snicker and laugh. One guy said to the other that I was "under the thumb" and then proceeded to talk loudly how they don't like their wives controlling them etc etc.

Now I'm not on the train now and probably won't see them again, but now I can't shake the feeling that people are watching what I'm doing. Usually I'm fine checking the boards at work but it took me a while to log on this morning because I was worried my workmates were watching what I'm doing.

Reaction score
Oh god yeah. That 'someone else is laughing; is it at me' feeling...

When it happens and it's justified (as seems to be the case with your experience on the train) I tell myself it's jealousy, or a longing for what I have. Or a desire to make them feel big by making me feel small. Epic fail, there. ;)

You have something they long for - a S/O to whom you comfortably show affection in public. Would that they were confident or loveable enough.

Whether that's any comfort or not I don't know, but them's my thoughts.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Do you ever get the feeling that people are watching and criticizing everything you do?

This morning, me and my girlfriend were on the train on our way to work. And I leant over and kissed her on the shoulder.

Then two guys whispered to each other, and everytime we did anything they would snicker and laugh. One guy said to the other that I was "under the thumb" and then proceeded to talk loudly how they don't like their wives controlling them etc etc.

Now I'm not on the train now and probably won't see them again, but now I can't shake the feeling that people are watching what I'm doing. Usually I'm fine checking the boards at work but it took me a while to log on this morning because I was worried my workmates were watching what I'm doing.

They're out there.

Reaction score
Pfft.

I know who I'd rather spend time with.

Ugh. I was just nice. I need a lie-down.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Learn to have fun with these people. Talk about bondage. Say your rear still smarts from the spanking she gave you. Get on your knees and apologize for not putting her toothpaste on her brush correctly, then beg her for a dollar for lunch.

Or is it just me who feels the need, while being watched, to be outrageous and give 'em a show?

Reaction score
Good god, no, Siddow. I think, "Let's give 'em something to REALLY talk about."

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I've done this in the past, and it's quite fun. Usually if I'm having a gay night with eyeliner and some guys make homophobic comments, I'll sit on one of my male friends' laps and watch these guys squirm.

Reaction score
I've done this in the past, and it's quite fun. Usually if I'm having a gay night with eyeliner and some guys make homophobic comments, I'll sit on one of my male friends' laps and watch these guys squirm.

Okay, that just bumped you to the top of my favourite people list.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it makes me smile. Not at you, but at them. I have to wonder what their attitude would have been if their wives had been with them. Better yet, what if their wives had been sitting behind them and they didn't know it.

Maybe some jealousy and insecurity going on there.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it makes me smile. Not at you, but at them. I have to wonder what their attitude would have been if their wives had been with them. Better yet, what if their wives had been sitting behind them and they didn't know it.

Maybe some jealousy and insecurity going on there.

Yeah, the sob probably would have gotten a wack to the back of the head and asked why he never kisses her like that.

It just made them uncomfortable to see a real man in action.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yes, watching. Maybe not criticizing. I was in the bank once and as I stood there at the table, looking down, my pen hovering over the withdrawal slip as I tried to remember the date to fill in, a guy tells me the date. I looked up quickly, amazed and alarmed. I had no idea anyone was scrutinizing what I was doing.

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get that feeling all the time, but it seems to go away as soon as I walk away from the mirror.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
One of the nice things about aging is that eventually, you won't give a damn what people say or think about you. Their opinions don't mean squat, since they're almost always wrong anyway, whether they come from family members or friends or strangers on a train.

Until then, ignore their stupid comments. Then they'll feel like the fool, not you.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com

say it with me--- jealous:)

If you are an interesting person--people watch you:)
or if you are just paranoid--doesn't mean you're wrong:)

Watching people squirm and having a good time--bonus!

at the end of the day--it doesn't matter what other people think--only what you think of yourself.

rock on my favorite flag waver:)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm squirming just thinking about it now. Go on.....

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
One of the nice things about aging is that eventually, you won't give a damn what people say or think about you. Their opinions don't mean squat, since they're almost always wrong anyway, whether they come from family members or friends or strangers on a train.

Until then, ignore their stupid comments. Then they'll feel like the fool, not you.

Ain't it the truth!