PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get a spot in the James Patterson Chain Thriller?

Sam Stephens
02-20-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone nailed a spot in the James Patterson Chain Thriller?

http://www.borders.com.au/chain-thriller/home.asp

I was lucky enough to win a position, and to say I'm stoked is a gross understatement.

Just curious if anyone else here will be contributing, as it'd be great to "meet" some of the other contributing writers!

cheers
Sam

Chumplet
02-20-2009, 03:52 AM
I hope you have loads of fun, even if that's all you get. Let us know how it goes!

Sam Stephens
02-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks Chumplet, I'm really looking forward to it :)

It'll be great for the resume, as well as being great to work alongside other great Aussie writers!

cheers
Sam

TrixieLox
02-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Wow! Well done, that'll be fun. :-)

cherubsmummy
02-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Congratulations! I hope you find it a very rewarding experience.

Williebee
02-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Sweet! Congratulations. Please, keep us posted on your experience and thoughts as it goes along.

swvaughn
02-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Very cool! Congrats! :D

Sam Stephens
02-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks so much, everyone!

Please, keep us posted on your experience and thoughts as it goes along.
My thoughts so far? The reality of it hit a day or so ago: it'll be nothing like writing your own story, because you know your own characters, your plot, the twists, and backstory.

In a chain story it seems we'll need to be "guessing" the direction the previous writers are taking the story.

I think it's going to be quite a fun challenge!

cheers
Sam

Sam Stephens
04-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi all,

My chapter is now live, if you're interested!

http://www.borders.com.au/chain-thriller/chapter-17.asp

I've never worked on a chain story before - it's a VERY different experience to writing your own story where you have full control over the whole plot, character building, pace, etc.

Quite a fun experience, though :)

cheers
Sam

smcc360
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I just read your chapter, Sam. Great stuff! I see why you were selected for the book.

Those Australian bikers are pretty tough, too. I've seen The Road Warrior, so I'm something of an expert.

Sam Stephens
04-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks Smc, I'm glad you enjoyed it -- I was a really fun chapter to write!

Heh, yeah the Road Warrior is basically a documentry, so your information is good ;)

cheers
Sam