PDA

View Full Version : A Facebook Message From a "Friend"

Bravo
02-19-2009, 11:03 PM
this kid from college sent me this message on facebook:

what up homiee? i jsut got back to da states n in da chi studyin for my USMLEs. tryin ta catch up on dis FB thingy? u still in da chi? wass been gud dawg? u know jespers thingy on hea? holla

someone please translate.

Bravo
02-19-2009, 11:04 PM
his about me section:

im just me tryin to be me n no one else. Haters gonna hate and imma keep on playin..thats how it goes. People usually describe me as crazy because i love life and live it to the fullest. Dont give a fuck what rumors people make and say bc life is short and u gotta smile all the way through. I am very open-minded and do many spur of the moment things love livin life and just havin fun while chakkin dem phattehs all the way throughh! Im Da tyPe of DudE dat DOnt Give A fuCK abouT whaT othERs DO, I do MY owN thang.I DOnt B foLLowIN anYOne I gOT mY owN FollOWerS cUZ iM a LeaDER! I DOnt FollOW deM rULEs, I bREAK eM , CUZ i Got My OWn RulEs.I GuesS u CAN jUST say im -ON soME next leveL..I B up IN dem stArs- U Aint oN my LEveL....PeOPle Say Im CrAzy BuT U Aint NO WhAt CrAzy is UnTIL U sTep InTo Ma World- WoRD!

WendyNYC
02-19-2009, 11:06 PM

It means "reject me."

Cranky
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
*head explodes*

Sorry, I can't translate beyond "Hey, look at me! I'm a rebel...look at my spelling! It's the shiznit!"

There might be something in there about dress patterns, too. Not sure.

maestrowork
02-19-2009, 11:16 PM
It's w3rd.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 11:19 PM
It says, I can't believe I've been rejected that many times. Where's my friend Bravo. And then it's unclear.

:tongue

CaroGirl
02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
I think it says, "I bought a new keyboard and can't figure out how it works." Either that or your friend is seriously ESL.

How old are you anyway, Bravo?

Namatu
02-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Dude.

I think I need some alcohol now to dull the horror. Wendy's right: "reject me!" Foh sHuR! (Writing that hurt, by the way.)

Bravo
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I think it says, "I bought a new keyboard and can't figure out how it works." Either that or your friend is seriously ESL.

How old are you anyway, Bravo?

this guy is 24 or 25 years old.

Bravo
02-19-2009, 11:38 PM
oops i forgot the rest of his about me stuff:

"REal RECogNIZE REAL homiE"

Nosy people- if you have the time to actually worry about my business- get a life and a better job, lol. " DA HOMIE" aka TANU lol!

If you need to know the whole world to feel better about yourself- or need to be friends with everyone to feel accepted- grow up we are not in kindergarten. The best way to sum this up is - if everyone is your friend- no one is your friend. I do believe in having enemies; however, the best way to beat your enemy is to make your enemy your friend :) Oxy Moron, yes I know! "DA HOMIE aka TANU"

please also note that this guy is not hispanic.

and he grew up in an affluent chicago suburb.

thank you

writerterri
02-19-2009, 11:39 PM
this guy is 24 or 25 years old.

Bravo, good dodge.

BenPanced
02-19-2009, 11:57 PM
"I'm just learing Dvorak on a Qwerty keyboard"?

regdog
02-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I'll give it a go.

what up homiee? i jsut got back to da states n in da chi studyin for my USMLEs. tryin ta catch up on dis FB thingy? u still in da chi? wass been gud dawg? u know jespers thingy on hea? holla

Dearest old friend,

I have just returned to the United States of America. I am currently residing in Chicago where I am metriculating for my USMLEs. I am hoping to contact old acquaintences by using the internet site FaceBook. Are you still residing in Chicago. Has everything been satisfactory in your life, my old friend? Do you know of the "Jespers" part of this FaceBook.

Regards and hope to converse with you soon.

CaroGirl
02-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I think you should respond with the following:

Dear Mr. Moron (or may I call you Oxy),

I do not wish to know your business. I do not care if you enjoy flauting authority, misspelling simple words, or insulting visitors to your Facebook page.

I hope you have less trouble deciphering my prose than I had deciphering yours.

Good day to you, Sir.

luv Bravo, fo shizzle

rhymegirl
02-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Scary, isn't it? Guess that's why I'm not on Facebook.

James81
02-20-2009, 12:05 AM

"I probably possess the ability to write a halfway decent sentence but choose not to on purpose because I am afraid of what people might think I'm a geek for knowing basic grammar."

Or

"If it weren't for my horse, I never would have made it through that year of college."

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I have a feeling that in this case he's not studying for the United States Medical Licensing Exam. (I think that is what replaced National Board Exam which was required by many medical schools in addition to the courseload)

Wayne K
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM
his about me section:

im just me tryin to be me n no one else. Haters gonna hate and imma keep on playin..thats how it goes. People usually describe me as crazy because i love life and live it to the fullest. Dont give a fuck what rumors people make and say bc life is short and u gotta smile all the way through. I am very open-minded and do many spur of the moment things love livin life and just havin fun while chakkin dem phattehs all the way throughh! Im Da tyPe of DudE dat DOnt Give A fuCK abouT whaT othERs DO, I do MY owN thang.I DOnt B foLLowIN anYOne I gOT mY owN FollOWerS cUZ iM a LeaDER! I DOnt FollOW deM rULEs, I bREAK eM , CUZ i Got My OWn RulEs.I GuesS u CAN jUST say im -ON soME next leveL..I B up IN dem stArs- U Aint oN my LEveL....PeOPle Say Im CrAzy BuT U Aint NO WhAt CrAzy is UnTIL U sTep InTo Ma World- WoRD!
Yo, true dat! I been in the hizzle forthnight yo.

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 12:35 AM
his about me section:

I keep wondering if there's some cypher in there. Did he always talk like this? (I assume, no, or you wouldn't have been disturbed by it.)

M.R.J. Le Blanc
02-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Ugh. This just screams either 'OMG LOOK AT ME I'M SO COOL!' Me I wouldn't even reply - on the blocklist you go.

Perks
02-20-2009, 01:15 AM
You have the coolest friends, Bravo. I'm gonna try to get on board with you over at Facebook. You can run, but you can't hide.

TerzaRima
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
I have a feeling that in this case he's not studying for the United States Medical Licensing Exam

georgek iz a hata whoz just not down wit me and mY WoRlD!!

Haggis
02-20-2009, 01:48 AM
please also note that this guy is not hispanic.

and he grew up in an affluent chicago suburb.

thank you

You mean it's Silver King?

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 01:56 AM
georgek iz a hata whoz just not down wit me and mY WoRlD!!

What's a hata?
Someone who wears a hat, ergo a suit, ergo a member of the establishment?

I have heard, I think regarding me, "Dat white boy, he so square he's a cube."

Silver King
02-20-2009, 03:12 AM
You mean it's Silver King?
I've never been to Chicago, unless you include changing planes at O'Hare. Good guess, though.

scarletpeaches
02-20-2009, 03:13 AM
It's w3rd.

Ur so b00k.

NeuroFizz
02-20-2009, 03:18 AM
It's DJ Jazzy Trevor, the homiest whitebread what's never bin sliced.

Bravo
02-20-2009, 03:21 AM
I have a feeling that in this case he's not studying for the United States Medical Licensing Exam. (I think that is what replaced National Board Exam which was required by many medical schools in addition to the courseload)

wishful thinking.

he's studying for medical boards.

maestrowork
02-20-2009, 03:26 AM
tell me his name and i'd sure to not go to him if i ever had to seek medical help in da chi unless of course i wanted to install a douchbag in my rectum or sum'n.

Bravo
02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
u ShOUldNT h8terade l1kE dat y0

Bravo
02-20-2009, 03:29 AM
d1s iz odd lee cath8rt1c.

maestrowork
02-20-2009, 03:33 AM
that said, one my classmates who was a class clown and butt of the joke back then (and a seriously disturbed individual) is now the head oncologist in columbus -- was on the news the other day being all authoritative.

TerzaRima
02-20-2009, 03:36 AM
he's studying for medical boards.

In college? You take the MCAT in college to apply to med school, then you take the first set of boards after two years of medical school.

TerzaRima
02-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Im Da tyPe of DudE dat DOnt Give A fuCK abouT whaT othERs DO, I do MY owN thang.I DOnt B foLLowIN anYOne I gOT mY owN FollOWerS cUZ iM a LeaDER! I DOnt FollOW deM rULEs, I bREAK eM , CUZ i Got My OWn RulEs.I GuesS u CAN jUST say im -ON soME next leveL..I B up IN dem stArs- U Aint oN my LEveL

Bravo, I would come up with serious cash money to see your FB buddy apply to my staid medical school using this as the personal essay one has to write about "tell us why you are choosing medicine as a career." It would be like Christmas morning and a chocolate fountain and a basket of puppies.

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Word!

I just had to say that. :)

ETA: Or should it be WoRD! ?

WoRD mUH NiGgUH. SuUP wiT CHoo? Yo CHecK iT.

Sorry. I'm finished.

writerterri
02-20-2009, 03:48 AM
What the fedge!

Bravo
02-20-2009, 03:48 AM
okay, terza, i know we all really want to be in denial about this, but he is in fact taking the USMLE.

we're both done with college and he's studying for his boards.

this is difficult to accept, i know.

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 03:51 AM
So, you actually know this person??? I thought it was a case of mistaken identity.

poetinahat
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
He seems pretty "fly".

Bravo
02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
So, you actually know this person??? I thought it was a case of mistaken identity.

i was cool with his brother....

who he always used to follow around.

so yeah, i knew this guy.

jennifer75
02-20-2009, 03:59 AM
Run away.

Bravo
02-20-2009, 04:04 AM
oh and btw, apparently this guy did not notice when i deleted his previous messages on my board.

and he hasnt noticed the fact that i never "poked" him back or responded to his PMs.

odd.

TerzaRima
02-20-2009, 04:06 AM
This thread is emboldening. When we all meet with the department chairman next week about ways to cut costs and increase clinical revenue, maybe I'll indicate to her that I DOnt Give A fuCK abouT whaT othERs DO, I do MY owN thang.

maestrowork
02-20-2009, 04:06 AM
you know you can de-friend him, right? he probably wouldnt notice that either

Bravo
02-20-2009, 04:08 AM
yeah i have no problem de-friending people. this dude's mostly harmless though, i just have him some privacy settings set up for him, i dont see dont see any of his updates or anything like that. it's all good for now.

Judg
02-20-2009, 04:21 AM
What's a hata?

A hata is a "hater".

I'm scared. I'm 51 years old and I actually understood that message... Maybe because I have a son who speaks fluent hiphop. Minus the swear words, fortunately. And he does it for a lark, not on a regular basis.

poetinahat
02-20-2009, 04:28 AM
What's a hata?

I recall hearing Dobie Gillis using the word "cubular" to describe a square.

Oh, and there's Dr John, from a song I can't remember(paraphrased), but I think it's the same era as Laugh-In:

"You're jus' a square, you know you ain't nowhere
You're jus' a square, you come from Delaware
You used to be a cube until you came unglued
etc."

Silver King
02-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Word!
What does that mean? I see it from time to time and can't figure out what it stands for, besides the word processing software I use.

Please enlighten me!

rhymegirl
02-20-2009, 05:59 AM
What does that mean? I see it from time to time and can't figure out what it stands for, besides the word processing software I use.

Please enlighten me!

I think it means I agree with you.

But it probably means other things, too.

Namatu
02-20-2009, 06:05 AM
I think it means I agree with you.Word. True dat!

That's all the slang I know. :Shrug:

Silver King
02-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I think it means I agree with you.

But it probably means other things, too.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=word

Several definitions found in the urban dictionary. Not so sure I like all of 'em. ;)
Ah. Thanks for the references.

I was almost afraid to ask, since I've received it in rep comments before. I thought it might mean, "Wacky Oaf, Really Dumb."

TerzaRima
02-20-2009, 06:59 AM
that said, one my classmates who was a class clown and butt of the joke back then (and a seriously disturbed individual) is now the head oncologist in columbus -- was on the news the other day being all authoritative.

Yeah. I have to say, doctors in their larval stage can be fairly unprepossessing. I graduated with a (now) neurosurgeon friend who I fondly remember crushing beer cans on his forehead, so. And I'm sure no one was overly excited about my future in medicine, based on my presentation as a punk listening, Doc Martens wearing sort of protogoth.

Still and all, I communicated with my friends in reasonably coherent sentences with a minimum of Anglo-Saxon derivatives. Fo shizzle.

Pat~
02-20-2009, 07:05 AM
this kid from college sent me this message on facebook:

Looks like he's been using my Dell laptop. (The one my son said had a corrupted keyboard.)

Bravo
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
you know you can de-friend him, right? he probably wouldnt notice that either

you inspired me to purge a few more people on my list.

thank you

benbradley
02-20-2009, 08:11 AM
This one from Urban Dictionary is wrong:

Also a multiple-byte unit of information in computer science/engineering.
Word is the the native data size for a computer or CPU, and it's not necessarily "multiple-byte."

"The 8080 has an 8-bit word."

But when I see "Word." I think of Cameo's "Word Up:"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7Kp_TapA4
translated here:
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/in-laws/wordup.htm
and bizarrely covered here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q-k-uN73Gk
(aka Heaven for Haggis)

Bravo - do you have a blog on Facebook? Can you start one? It might be interesting to write a high-fallutin' polysyllabic literary commentary comparing various philosophers, and perhaps weaving in some observations on the evolution of language.

sadron
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm not on facebook either. Chees, the facebook writer has issue...