PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused. (stop laughing!) I need the male sorts in here.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
My doctor thinks I flirted with him, I think. I'm married to start with (harmless flirting isn't bad in my book) but for goodness sake, I wasn't flirting! He said to me that he wants me to not eat anymore sugar. Now, I'm a smiley person when I talk to people, but his shorts weren't on my mind when I asked him if I could have honey instead. He said, the kind bees make? I said yes. He looked confused and sort of answered yes. We parted for a few minutes and I asked again just to be sure, "So, did I get a clearance for honey?" The nurse said, "you're something else" smiling (probably over my pursuance of sugar). The doctor, backing away to the hall way said, "no thanks, I'm married".

What?

I'm confused. Could someone else please explain the male mind to me?

Thanks!

Okay, now you can laugh.

Silver King
02-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Geez, that guy's a dope. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone render medical opinions. His nurse doesn't sound all that bright either.

If I were you, I'd find a doctor who acts like an adult, or at least thinks like one.

poetinahat
02-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Yup. It's a REAL stretch to turn what you said into a proposition. He flatters himself.

If I'm betting, I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

(In many cases, the male mind works just fine without needing to engage the mouth.)

Angie
02-19-2009, 05:09 AM
I'm not a male type, but I agree with what the two male types have already said. Your doctor sounds juvenile at best, completely wacko at worst.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Geez, that guy's a dope. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone render medical opinions. His nurse doesn't sound all that bright either.

If I were you, I'd find a doctor who acts like an adult, or at least thinks like one.

See, I feel uncomfortable going back in there. I really think he thought I was flirting with him. Why else would he say that? I sent him a fax telling him I was confused about his comment. I want to see if he clears it up on his end.

KTC
02-19-2009, 05:11 AM
I love it when guys think that every woman in the world is out to 'get' them. The guy's a dick. Blow it off.

KTC
02-19-2009, 05:12 AM
See, I feel uncomfortable going back in there. I really think he thought I was flirting with him. Why else would he say that? I sent him a fax telling him I was confused about his comment. I want to see if he clears it up on his end.

You sent him a FAX about it! Oh, Werri...you should have called him or went in to see him. Everybody sees faxes, girl.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Yup. It's a REAL stretch to turn what you said into a proposition. He flatters himself.

If I'm betting, I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

(In many cases, the male mind works just fine without needing to engage the mouth.)

You know, poet, I thought the nurse and him were on the same page but not as me. She said it first then he followed with his comment. Perhaps he thought the nurse picked up on my so called flirting and gave him the go to say, "no thanks, I'm married".

He was flattering himself wasn't he!

poetinahat
02-19-2009, 05:20 AM
If you say, "I'm confused", he might still think you're coming onto him.

Just tell him -- he's dreamin'. He's insulted you.

Wait... that last comment was in the open -- in front of the nurse! Why would he think you'd make a play out in the open, let alone at all?

What a dill he is. He doesn't need asking -- he needs telling. He's messed with your head, and he's well out of line.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:21 AM
You sent him a FAX about it! Oh, Werri...you should have called him or went in to see him. Everybody sees faxes, girl.

Well, he had the gonads to say it in a room full of people he works with, which is why I sent the fax. The same people who heard him say it will now see my comment. It's how I planned it. Now they know why he said that.

See there. I'm shmart.

Silver King
02-19-2009, 05:22 AM
You're giving him way more leeway than he deserves. There's something wrong with that dude. My guess is that he never fully got over his teen years.

In any case, after he's shown such gross misjudgment in a simple statement, would you ever trust him again to evaluate a medical condition objectively? Your health is at stake here.

rhymegirl
02-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Men are weird.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:28 AM
If you say, "I'm confused", he might still think you're coming onto him.

Just tell him -- he's dreamin'. He's insulted you.

Wait... that last comment was in the open -- in front of the nurse! Why would he think you'd make a play out in the open, let alone at all?

What a dill he is. He doesn't need asking -- he needs telling. He's messed with your head, and he's well out of line.

Too late. I already said it.

You're dreamin' Mr. Dr. Man! How dare you insult me!

He did mess with my head. And to come back with a comment like that in front of his workers is out of line. Even if I was flirting. He shouldn't have said that.

poetinahat
02-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Men are weird.
Wait.

One guy does something weird, and now it's All Men?

I assume you're joking, but it's still not on.

(I note that it's only one woman who's saying this.)

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Men are weird.

Oh, man!

rhymegirl
02-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Wait.

One guy does something weird, and now it's All Men?

I assume you're joking, but it's still not on.

(I note that it's only one woman who's saying this.)

I'm just kidding, Poet. I shoulda put a smiley.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 05:37 AM
insert one in mine too, ryme :D

TerzaRima
02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Terri, please tell me that this is not your gynecologist.

GirlWithPoisonPen
02-19-2009, 06:07 AM
A comment about exchanging sugar for honey is not flirting with your doctor.

Flirting with your doctor is when you wear deep red nail polish on your toes because you know your orthopedist likes it. ;)

Silver King
02-19-2009, 06:14 AM
In the doctor's mind, I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Teri says, "So, Doc, I hear what you say about sugar. But what about honey? Can I have me some honey?"

"You mean the kind bees make?"

"Yeah, from bees. What kind do you think I'm talking about?"

Loosens tie, begins to sweat. "Oh, um, um..."

"From bees. Is that okay?"

"Yes. Yes, that's fine."

Teri smiles. "Thanks, Doc. You're sweet."

The nurse cackles and says, "You're really something."

As the doctor backs away, Teri calls out, "So, did I get the clearance for some honey?"

The doctor, beside himself now, utters, "No thanks, I'm married," and scurries away before Teri has a chance to slip off the examining table and jump his bones.

The End.

James81
02-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Now, I'm a smiley person when I talk to people,

Although it's not your fault he misinterpreted you, this is what makes me think it was the way you said it (and not what you said).

WerenCole
02-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Sugar sugar . . . dah dah dah du dah dah. Uhhh, honey honey dah dah dah du dah dah. . . you are my baby girl. . .

tjwriter
02-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Did he think you were saying Honey, as in addressing him instead of honey, as in the stuff bees make?

Because not only is this dude a total ass, he needs to get his ears cleaned out too.

I so would have lit him up right there in front of everyone and told him I was finding a new, grown up doctor.

tjwriter
02-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Men are weird.
People

There. I fixed it for you.

TerzaRima
02-19-2009, 06:48 AM
I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

Possibly, or they would like to. When I was in med school, I worked with a physician and nurse practitioner who lasciviously riffed like this a lot, and they wound up, IIRC, getting married.

Everything was an innuendo. Rounds sucked because of all the bowm chicka bowm bowm, like so:

"Let's go place that central line."

"Mmm, I'd love to. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

writerterri
02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Terri, please tell me that this is not your gynecologist.

:ROFL: Nope. Someone who's going to remove my polyps in my stomach.

StoryG27
02-19-2009, 06:54 AM
The doc is an idiot. Even if you were smiling and he thought you might be flirting, most guys with a brain bigger than their ego, would just play it safe and assume you meant real honey, especially since you were discussing replacing sugar which he just told you to avoid.

Now if you licked you lips and winked when you said, that would be a different story (and possibly a harassment charge :D).

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:07 AM
A comment about exchanging sugar for honey is not flirting with your doctor.

Flirting with your doctor is when you wear deep red nail polish on your toes because you know your orthopedist likes it. ;)

Meow.

In the doctor's mind, I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Teri says, "So, Doc, I hear what you say about sugar. But what about honey? Can I have me some honey?"

"You mean the kind bees make?"

"Yeah, from bees. What kind do you think I'm talking about?"

Loosens tie, begins to sweat. "Oh, um, um..."

"From bees. Is that okay?"

"Yes. Yes, that's fine."

Teri smiles. "Thanks, Doc. You're sweet."

The nurse cackles and says, "You're really something."

As the doctor backs away, Teri calls out, "So, did I get the clearance for some honey?"

The doctor, beside himself now, utters, "No thanks, I'm married," and scurries away before Teri has a chance to slip off the examining table and jump his bones.

The End.

:ROFL:

Although it's not your fault he misinterpreted you, this is what makes me think it was the way you said it (and not what you said).

I delivered it like a sweaty, naughty school girl, Big Boy. No.

He misread my smile! That's what he did. You, know, Safeway grocery had to stop their cashiers from smiling at everyone so cheerfully because a lot of them were complaining that the men were flirting heavily with them at the check out. Some even going overboard.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Sugar sugar . . . dah dah dah du dah dah. Uhhh, honey honey dah dah dah du dah dah. . . you are my baby girl. . .

Thanks for the heat flash, darling. I haven't had one all day. ;)

Isn't it "candy girl?" and baby I la-uv yeew.

robeiae
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
insert one...
STOP flirting with me.

Flirt.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Did he think you were saying Honey, as in addressing him instead of honey, as in the stuff bees make?

Because not only is this dude a total ass, he needs to get his ears cleaned out too.

I so would have lit him up right there in front of everyone and told him I was finding a new, grown up doctor.

That's possible. Which would explain his confused look the first time I asked.

I could have said, Honey, can I have honey? Not meaning, Darling, can I have honey? I NEVER call a doctor anything but doctor. And I've never flirted with one. Though I did have a serious crush on one, totally because of his accent. Love accents!

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Possibly, or they would like to. When I was in med school, I worked with a physician and nurse practitioner who lasciviously riffed like this a lot, and they wound up, IIRC, getting married.

Everything was an innuendo. Rounds sucked because of all the bowm chicka bowm bowm, like so:

"Let's go place that central line."

"Mmm, I'd love to. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

Don't get me wrong. There are some doctors...Badda Bing!

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
STOP flirting with me.

Flirt.

Is that a sword down below your post or are you just happy to see me?

robeiae
02-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Do you take dictation?

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:20 AM
The doc is an idiot. Even if you were smiling and he thought you might be flirting, most guys with a brain bigger than their ego, would just play it safe and assume you meant real honey, especially since you were discussing replacing sugar which he just told you to avoid.

Now if you licked you lips and winked when you said, that would be a different story (and possibly a harassment charge :D).

Maybe he liked me and thought I was sending a subliminal message through the code word, honey.

Drips off my lips like drops of gold...

All this flirting has me bothered.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Do you take dictation?

Short hand even, baby.

robeiae
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
*makes mental note to file harassment charges against SG*

robeiae
02-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Short hand even, baby.
Don't say "short."

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't say "short."

I can say "more like a drill sargent"!

Get down and give me 40!

Or we could take our time and do it long

StephanieFox
02-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Giving your doctor the benefit of the doubt: Maybe he misheard you.

Eeh! Probably not. How creepy.

GirlWithPoisonPen
This is what confuses me about the exchange.

I have never heard a woman say a man tastes like honey. That is usually reserved for women.

writerterri
Don't say "short."

I can say "more like a drill Sargent"!

Get down and give me 40!

Or we could take our time and do it long hand?

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Eeh! Probably not. How creepy.

He probably did but didn't need to tell me he was married. He could have given me the benefit first. Since he's the doctor and all. It's still creepy.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:29 AM
This is what confuses me about the exchange.

I have never heard a woman say a man tastes like honey. That is usually reserved for women.

Tch! They wish...I wish!

cray
02-19-2009, 07:36 AM
I love it when guys think that every woman in the world is out to 'get' them. The guy's a dick. Blow it off.

how forward of you, ktc.
i'm taken though. :D

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:40 AM
how forward of you, ktc.
i'm taken though. :D

Notice how he said blow it off after the 'd' word.

Cray, you big masculine battery, you.

cray
02-19-2009, 07:41 AM
of course i noticed! it was clearly directed at me, honey.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:44 AM
of course i noticed! it was clearly directed at me, honey.

Sweeeeet. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_102.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZJxdm028YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZJxdm028YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZJxdm028YYUS&utm_id=7922)

TerzaRima
02-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Since he's the doctor and all. It's still creepy.

It's unprofessional and crosses a boundary. On ( very few and rare) occasion I have had a patient's dad hit on me (not because I am necessarily all that; I think some guys have a thing for overcaffeinated women in lab coats with harried expressions), and even if I were single I would eat glass rather than hit back. Your doc ought to know better.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
It's unprofessional and crosses a boundary. On ( very few and rare) occasion I have had a patient's dad hit on me (not because I am necessarily all that; I think some guys have a thing for overcaffeinated women in lab coats with harried expressions), and even if I were single I would eat glass rather than hit back. Your doc ought to know better.

I would have never pegged him as the type to say something like that. I was just being happy and bubbly because I haven't seen or conversed with another adult human (in person) in quite some time. I'm a jobless shut in. I need you people! :D

It was unprofessional.

Smish
02-19-2009, 08:16 AM
You, know, Safeway grocery had to stop their cashiers from smiling at everyone so cheerfully because a lot of them were complaining that the men were flirting heavily with them at the check out. Some even going overboard.

You know, that really is true about grocery stores. I worked at Kroger in college and got asked out all the time. Of course, I did bat my eyelashes some. And when a cute guy was using the U-Scan, I'd sometimes, um, freeze the screen so the U-Scan machine would say, "Please see the cashier for assistance...". :)

As for this doctor, he's clearly full of himself. There was nothing wrong with your comment, and smiling is a good quality :)

writerterri
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
You know, that really is true about grocery stores. I worked at Kroger in college and got asked out all the time. Of course, I did bat my eyelashes some. And when a cute guy was using the U-Scan, I'd sometimes, um, freeze the screen so the U-Scan machine would say, "Please see the cashier for assistance...". :)

As for this doctor, he's clearly full of himself. There was nothing wrong with your comment, and smiling is a good quality :)

Shlick-chick!

Thanks!

Toothpaste
02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
All you have to do is smile and a guy thinks you're flirting with him. While this is deeply annoying (and so arrogant of men) it did make me feel good when I learned this. I always thought I was terrible at flirting, I didn't even really understand it. I thought you had to be in a smoky jazz bar wearing a sequined gown with a slit up the side asking, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" When I learned all I had to do was smile to be "flirting" I was like, "Dude! I can so do that!"

Still on a serious note, I really resent that I basically have to scowl wherever I go for fear some guy will get the wrong impression. If only women were so self confident that they assumed every guy out there who showed them any attention wanted them. I think we could use a bit of that actually. We're a bit too down on ourselves sometimes . . .

NeuroFizz
02-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the Doc is bonking the nurse, and that "give me some honey" is what is said when they want to get busy?

Lyra Jean
02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
All you have to do is smile and a guy thinks you're flirting with him. While this is deeply annoying (and so arrogant of men) it did make me feel good when I learned this. I always thought I was terrible at flirting, I didn't even really understand it. I thought you had to be in a smoky jazz bar wearing a sequined gown with a slit up the side asking, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" When I learned all I had to do was smile to be "flirting" I was like, "Dude! I can so do that!"

Still on a serious note, I really resent that I basically have to scowl wherever I go for fear some guy will get the wrong impression. If only women were so self confident that they assumed every guy out there who showed them any attention wanted them. I think we could use a bit of that actually. We're a bit too down on ourselves sometimes . . .

I think that.

Lyra Jean
02-19-2009, 09:11 AM
That doc is kooky werri. Is it too late to find another one?

When I was a kid I got a kidney infection and the male doctor wanted to check me but said my dad wasn't allowed in the room or a female nurse either. My dad took me to a new doctor. (parents divorced so no mom)

WerenCole
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the heat flash, darling. I haven't had one all day. ;)

Isn't it "candy girl?" and baby I la-uv yeew.

Probably candy girl. Haven't actually heard the song in a while.

Don Allen
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
One man's opinion, (i'm sure totally worthless) first the honey references seemed a little forward, and I could see where the Doc may have gotten mixed signals, but what made my skin crawl was the fax,,,,ooooohhhhh boy, you have to think that the Doc and staff think that you're embarrassed for being so forward confirming what they may have thought in the first place.... Solution, go into the office and tell the doctor to "Screw Off" you're tired of play games, then wink at the receptionist and ask if there's a shrink on staff that you can talk to about your multiple personalities....lol all should be fine...

Wayne K
02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm confused. Could someone else please explain the male mind to me?

No I can't. My origional reaction to this was jealousy. As far as him he's a moron or an egotist. Doctors are that way. You know what they say about God not thinking he's a doctor. I would send him flowers if I were you.

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
While visiting the UK I was spending time with some friends at the local pub next to my hotel. I was introduced to several men. Being the amiable and polite person I am I shook the hands extended to me and smiled. One man pulled me close to him (much to my dismay) and whispered in my ear, "Darlin' don't smile like that, us men think you want something from us."

MEN!

KTC
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM

What's even sadder is that we're not all like that...but women have to act as though we are so as not to inadvertently find the asshat in the crowd.

Wayne K
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
What's even sadder is that we're not all like that...but women have to act as though we are so as not to inadvertently find the asshat in the crowd.

QFT.

scarletpeaches
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
...I really resent that I basically have to scowl wherever I go for fear some guy will get the wrong impression. If only women were so self confident that they assumed every guy out there who showed them any attention wanted them. I think we could use a bit of that actually. We're a bit too down on ourselves sometimes . . .

Hear, hear. Me? I'm not so confident with men I fancy - I become too self-conscious but I've been accused on numerous occasions of full-on flirting when I swear I haven't been.

Since when was being friendly crossing the line into saying, "I want to have sex with you?"

It's either that or being a miserable cow and I get enough criticism for that as it is. You can't win.

Angie
02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
While visiting the UK I was spending time with some friends at the local pub next to my hotel. I was introduced to several men. Being the amiable and polite person I am I shook the hands extended to me and smiled. One man pulled me close to him (much to my dismay) and whispered in my ear, "Darlin' don't smile like that, us men think you want something from us."

MEN!

And here's where the smartass in me would have breathed in his ear, "Oh, but I do want something from you. Your wallet." Then turned and stomped away.

James81
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I delivered it like a sweaty, naughty school girl, Big Boy. No.

He misread my smile! That's what he did. You, know, Safeway grocery had to stop their cashiers from smiling at everyone so cheerfully because a lot of them were complaining that the men were flirting heavily with them at the check out. Some even going overboard.

Well, I did say it's not your fault he misinterpretted it. I'm just saying that you probably have one of those personalities where you naturally come across as flirty.

Nothing wrong with that or anything, Just saying. He may not be as whacked out as everybody here is saying. Unprofessional? Very much so.

RobJ
02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm married to start with (harmless flirting isn't bad in my book)
Communication isn't just about the words we use, it's about our facial expressions and other body language. Maybe he didn't hear you correctly. Maybe you gave off signals that he took as flirting. Who knows.

But harmless flirting, how does that work? Is that where someone picks up on you flirting then you say, "Oh, that was only harmless flirting, not real flirting." If you flirt with a guy, how does he know whether it's harmless flirting or the real thing?

Some women come across as being flirty, and may not be aware of it. If you did give off signals that he took as flirting, intentionally or otherwise, it would have put him in a potentially difficult position.

Cheers,
Rob

scarletpeaches
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't believe there's such a thing as harmless flirting...or at least it's a very difficult line to tread. So, so often one person takes it as 'serious' and ends up getting hurt.

And being married makes not one jot of a difference.

Angie
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Some women come across as being flirty, and may not be aware of it. If you did give off signals that he took as flirting, intentionally or otherwise, it would have put him in a potentially difficult position.

Cheers,
Rob

Yes, but I still maintain that his response to her supposed "flirting" was juvenile and unprofessional.

scarletpeaches
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a shame the ones who have an inflated opinion of their own attractiveness to the opposite sex are usually mingers.

Apart from me of course. I'm lovely. :D

James81
02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't believe there's such a thing as harmless flirting...or at least it's a very difficult line to tread. So, so often one person takes it as 'serious' and ends up getting hurt.

And being married makes not one jot of a difference.

My personal opinion is that someone who is married probably shouldn't be flirting.

But then again, men and women have different views on flirting. Flirting, for a woman, is just a harmless act of fun, and they seem to love the attention from it.

A lot of men, however, take flirting as a sign of interest.

It's a shame the ones who have an inflated opinion of their own attractiveness to the opposite sex are usually mingers.

Apart from me of course. I'm lovely. :D

Hey, I think I am God's gift to women and I'm not a "minger" (whatever that means lol).

I'm more of a monger.

scarletpeaches
02-19-2009, 05:16 PM
That's what I meant, about being married. So many people say, "But I'm married!" as if that's an automatic defence against flirting, or proof that "Of course I wasn't flirting with you!"

As the divorce rates show, being married is no protection or alibi at all.

Wayne K
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't think fliting and hitting on someone are the same thing.I think flirting can be used in a good way. Last night I went to a cider mill and got pissed drunk with my wife. She was the only woman there, and was flirted with the entire night. I might have been jealous a few years ago, but I watched as she lit up that men liked her. I flirt with women 10 to 80 not to get in their pants, but to make them feel good. I like being flirted with too. Men women and others, it's fun if you do it right. Drooling idiots aren't flirting, it escapes me what their intention is really. Try being fun first if you want to sleep with someone.

Namatu
02-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Is this the first time you've seen this doctor? At any stage in a doctor/patient relationship, his response was inappropriate, regardless of how he may have interpreted your comments and worse because his last comment was made in front of other staff members.

Are you going to feel comfortable having this doctor perform surgery on you and seeing him for post-op? I would get another doctor. He and his ego, not to mention the gossip of his staff, are not worth your time and energy. Your health is more important. You want a positive atmosphere and clean air for post-op appointments, not looks, smiles, and expectations of innuendo.

Still on a serious note, I really resent that I basically have to scowl wherever I go for fear some guy will get the wrong impression.Exactly! A smile does not mean "come hither." The scowl works pretty well.

James81
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Exactly! A smile does not mean "come hither." The scowl works pretty well.

Heh, well, truth be told the smile had nothing to do with the approach. It's just the excuse. :D

KikiteNeko
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm willing to bet some time passed, he thought about it, and then felt like a total a-hole. That or he sure thinks highly of himself. I'd probably get another doctor, either way.

StoryG27
02-19-2009, 06:36 PM
*makes mental note to file harassment charges against SG*
You know you like it.

:D

Peaches, I think there is harmless flirting. For me, all my flirting my whole life has been harmless, or maybe pointless is a better word. I swear I would try to flirt with someone (I'm not saying I'm good at it) and the guys usually just kind of give me that pat on the head and the you're-so-cute look, like I was their little sister. I always seemed to somehow become buddies with the guys, even if that's not what I intended. That's why I had to snag my hubby up the moment I saw him, he was the only one who ever really responded to my feminine wiles (or lack thereof).

Namatu
02-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Heh, well, truth be told the smile had nothing to do with the approach. It's just the excuse. :DOh. Well... <fluffs hair, smiles>

James81
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh. Well... <fluffs hair, smiles>

How YOU doin'?

writerterri
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
One man's opinion, (i'm sure totally worthless) first the honey references seemed a little forward, and I could see where the Doc may have gotten mixed signals, but what made my skin crawl was the fax,,,,ooooohhhhh boy, you have to think that the Doc and staff think that you're embarrassed for being so forward confirming what they may have thought in the first place.... Solution, go into the office and tell the doctor to "Screw Off" you're tired of play games, then wink at the receptionist and ask if there's a shrink on staff that you can talk to about your multiple personalities....lol all should be fine...

Meh!

I'm willing to bet they all passed around the fax before it made it to his desk. But, he said it in front of everyone who would have gotten the fax in the first place. So, I'm not worried there. I'm just going to go in there and frown this time. Or find a new surgeon.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Communication isn't just about the words we use, it's about our facial expressions and other body language. Maybe he didn't hear you correctly. Maybe you gave off signals that he took as flirting. Who knows.

But harmless flirting, how does that work? Is that where someone picks up on you flirting then you say, "Oh, that was only harmless flirting, not real flirting." If you flirt with a guy, how does he know whether it's harmless flirting or the real thing?

Cheers,
Rob

But he still didn't have to make any comment at all because not being sure can get you in the hot seat.

By harmless I mean non sexual flirting or teasing. If a guy picks my harmless flirting as sexual how does that make me the weird one?

My sister in law asked me to change my sexual message on my answering machine stating it was weird of me to do that.

It said, Hello, I'm tied up with kids at the moment, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Beeep.

I wonder, if she thought about something sexual with that how that made me the weird one?

Anywho, I see your point. I just don't see how he has the right to perceive me as being sexual with that.

StoryG27
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
It said, Hello, I'm tied up with kids at the moment, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Beeep.
You shameless harlot!

Seriously though, how is that sexual?

Your SIL is the weird one. You probably have a very sexy voice, but that's just your voice, and I bet you are often misunderstood. Lucky for me, I don't have that problem. :D

writerterri
02-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm willing to bet some time passed, he thought about it, and then felt like a total a-hole. That or he sure thinks highly of himself. I'd probably get another doctor, either way.

I'm hoping when he seen the fax he felt stupid for actually saying that to a patient. I hope he's worried that I'll turn him in to the board he belongs to. And he does belong to one.

Mela
02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Honey. (giggle)
She said honey to me.
She said honey, can I have honey? Honey, you mean no sugar?
What do you mean, honey?

If you had said "sweet fluid" - that surely would have gotten him going.
Nectar of flowers?
"Can I have nectar of flowers?" Mmm, doesn't have the same ring.

The man's a tart ... and unprofessional

writerterri
02-19-2009, 09:35 PM
You shameless harlot!

Seriously though, how is that sexual?

Your SIL is the weird one. You probably have a very sexy voice, but that's just your voice, and I bet you are often misunderstood. Lucky for me, I don't have that problem. :D

Thank you!

I think it's how she perceives me and she was looking for something to make me look at what she thinks is my weirdness.

My mom once told me how sexy I was and she said that it had nothing to do with sex either. She said everything about me was appealing and that she wasn't trying to be weird but wanted to give me a compliment. I took it as a compliment as well. It could be that my SIL is jealous of me and wants me to think I'm weird when she really thinks I'm sexy. :e2brows:

Perhaps the doctor thought that too and when I smiled at him and was being friendly he took as me flirting with him. Still doesn't excuse him from telling me he's married. I could care less. I wasn't flirting. When I flirt I get down to business and use my body and hands. Ask my husband.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Honey. (giggle)
She said honey to me.
She said honey, can I have honey? Honey, you mean no sugar?
What do you mean, honey?

If you had said "sweet fluid" - that surely would have gotten him going.
Nectar of flowers?
"Can I have nectar of flowers?" Mmm, doesn't have the same ring.

The man's a tart ... and unprofessional

:roll:

scarletpeaches
02-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Phone him up and say, "Gimme some sugar, baby." :e2brows:

writerterri
02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Phone him up and say, &quot;Gimme some sugar, baby.&quot; :e2brows:

Hey, doc, it's me again... can I have a banana?

maestrowork
02-19-2009, 09:59 PM
a) I think the doctor is unprofessional. Same with the nurses.

b) I don't think the doctor is a poster child for all the males in our species. I hate generalization. I'm a male, but I don't think so highly of myself that every woman is trying to flirt with me or hit on me. I certainly don't think the OP sounded like flirting. Perhaps my flirt detector is broken. But last I checked, I am still a male.

c) I think you should either let this go or find another doctor. No need to make this any bigger than it is. It's a misunderstanding, whether it's his fault or yours.

d) yes, there is harmless flirting but only if in the right circumstances and if the parties involved know exactly what they're doing and where the boundary is. To me, a doctor's office is not where you flirt with your doctor or your clients, harmless or not.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
a) I think the doctor is unprofessional. Same with the nurses.

b) I don't think the doctor is a poster child for all the males in our species. I hate generalization. I'm a male, but I don't think so highly of myself that every woman is trying to flirt with me or hit on me. I certainly don't think the OP sounded like flirting. Perhaps my flirt detector is broken. But last I checked, I am still a male.

c) I think you should either let this go or find another doctor. No need to make this any bigger than it is. It's a misunderstanding, whether it's his fault or yours.

d) yes, there is harmless flirting but only if in the right circumstances and if the parties involved know exactly what they're doing and where the boundary is. To me, a doctor's office is not where you flirt with your doctor or your clients, harmless or not.

I heart you! I agree with you totally.

Edit: Some male minds.

I absolutely love (most) men and don't think they all think the same. I do, however, think they all have the same basic instinct though. :D

Now, tell me why you aren't married yet? :tongue

Jcomp
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Sounds like the doc is just one of many men who think all women want them.

Which is, of course, absurd.

All women want me. It's in the handbook...

GeorgeK
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Or particularly if it was in a hallway, he may have been commenting about something else that the first patient didn't hear and his response was unfortunately loud enough that she heard it and thought it was in regference to what she said. So, it could be innocent, however then his response of honey being ok is not scientifically correct.

Honey is a combination of Fructose and Glucose. Table sugar is Sucrose, a disaccharide of Glucose and Fructose which your body will convert to fructose and glucose, and then it converts the fructose to glucose as well, so that it all ultimately becomes glucose. The difference is about 20 minutes to an hour as far as blood sugar is concerned. If you are supposed to avoid sucrose, then most likely you are to avoid honey as well. Sucralose, Aspartame and Saccharine are not converted to glucose but have their own peculiarities that may or may not be important for you.

maestrowork
02-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Left hand or right hand?

/ rimshot /

GeorgeK
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
All you have to do is smile and a guy thinks you're flirting with him. .

Unless the guy is like me and totally oblivious, but I don't think there are too many of us.

James81
02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I absolutely love (most) men and don't think they all think the same. I do, however, think they all have the same basic instinct though. :D

Heh, we all (men and women) have that instinct.

This is a case of pure unprofessionalism. His comments, to me, don't actually seem that bad if you take them out of the context of a doctor/patient relationship.

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
What's even sadder is that we're not all like that...

QFT.I'm sorry I should have said SOME MEN! ;)

Cheers,
Roboh wow...I guess this means I shouldn't look either men or women in the eye and smile when I talk to them. Does this mean giving out complements is out too? Cos I kinda do that ya know. And sometimes I call a friend of mine ( a married friend) my stud muffin, another male friend I call him my darlin', I have another friend, this one is female that I call my cupcake. And I suppose putting my hand on a man's shoulder or arm for a brief moment is out too. (Dang it, I hate it when this happens)

Oh and boy I guess I'm a flirt here on AW too. (you know who you are) :D

Unintentional or not, not everything we do as women is indications of some call for a mating ritual. Some of us, are smiley girls.

SG! Help me, I'm a shameless flirt! (do we have an Flirts Anonymous group here?)

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Sounds like the doc is just one of many men who think all women want them.

Which is, of course, absurd.

MySpace has a secret black book amoung us women and I only saw 2 1/2 stars next to your name, Mister.

Just saying.

:tongue

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
MySpace has a secret black book amoung us women and I only saw 2 1/2 stars next to your name, Mister.

Just saying.

:tongueHEY! that was our secret! You're not supposed to tell!

Red-Green
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Exactly. Even if you had flirted with him, it would have been unprofessional to mention it. I worked in a family planning clinic and our policy with male clients who flirted was to play dumb. To even acknowledge something like that was unprofessional. And you weren't flirting, so what a weenie.

He did mess with my head. And to come back with a comment like that in front of his workers is out of line. Even if I was flirting. He shouldn't have said that.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Or particularly if it was in a hallway, he may have been commenting about something else that the first patient didn't hear and his response was unfortunately loud enough that she heard it and thought it was in regference to what she said. So, it could be innocent, however then his response of honey being ok is not scientifically correct.

I took that into consideration.

Honey is a combination of Fructose and Glucose. Table sugar is Sucrose, a disaccharide of Glucose and Fructose which your body will convert to fructose and glucose, and then it converts the fructose to glucose as well, so that it all ultimately becomes glucose. The difference is about 20 minutes to an hour as far as blood sugar is concerned. If you are supposed to avoid sucrose, then most likely you are to avoid honey as well. Sucralose, Aspartame and Saccharine are not converted to glucose but have their own peculiarities that may or may not be important for you.

So, then no honey! Darn.

Unless the guy is like me and totally oblivious, but I don't think there are too many of us.

Really, you're wallet is sooo cute. Can I have it?

Heh, we all (men and women) have that instinct.

This is a case of pure unprofessionalism. His comments, to me, don't actually seem that bad if you take them out of the context of a doctor/patient relationship.

I think it should have never been uttered. No matter what. I wan't coming on to him. At all. He was dreaming!

Dream Buster Doc!

I'm going to let it go as soon as I feel better. I'm almost there. :D

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:37 PM
HEY! that was our secret! You're not supposed to tell!

I'll just have him wacked, no one will know.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Exactly. Even if you had flirted with him, it would have been unprofessional to mention it. I worked in a family planning clinic and our policy with male clients who flirted was to play dumb. To even acknowledge something like that was unprofessional. And you weren't flirting, so what a weenie.

That's the bottom line. You just can't say that. Ever.

Now, if I had my hand in his crotch biting his neck, I could see him saying that.

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
If it makes you feel any better wrerri, I used to get this all the time when I was at college in my early 20s. I'd have guys on my block hang out with me and my roommates and sure enough after about a month, one of them would find me in the most arbitrary places, like the laundry room and say to me, "you know kim, you are a wonderful person...but I'm not going to marry you."

Now keep in mind, all I ever did was hang out with them as a group. I never went out with them I didn't bake cookies for them, I didn't send them cards or freaking anything.

It made me CRAZY! They never said that to my roommates but then my roommates were all rather quiet and actually kinda stuck up.

Just because we smile doesn't make us in the wrong. Report him to the local AMA and be done with it. ;)

writerterri
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
If it makes you feel any better wrerri, I used to get this all the time when I was at college in my early 20s. I'd have guys on my block hang out with me and my roommates and sure enough after about a month, one of them would find me in the most arbitrary places, like the laundry room and say to me, "you know kim, you are a wonderful person...but I'm not going to marry you."

Now keep in mind, all I ever did was hang out with them as a group. I never went out with them I didn't bake cookies for them, I didn't send them cards or freaking anything.

It made me CRAZY! They never said that to my roommates but then my roommates were all rather quiet and actually kinda stuck up.

Just because we smile doesn't make us in the wrong. Report him to the local AMA and be done with it. ;)

I once had a guy in Jr. High ask me to give him a hicky on his neck but not touch him when I did it.

I think I held his head down on the sidewalk with my size 11 shoes and twisted his neck skin with my knuckles and made a neclace out of his blood.

James81
02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
my size 11 shoes

That's the most horrifying thing I've ever read.

GeorgeK
02-19-2009, 10:53 PM
So, then no honey! Darn.

To be fair, most of what we digest, even fats and proteins, are ultimately converted to glucose as well. The differences are how long it takes and how much energy it takes to do it. Our central nervous system seems to only be able to burn glucose. If it is not obtained through the diet then the body will make it from breaking down glycogen and then muscle etc. Without getting into an encyclopedic post, and without knowing your particular metabolic eccentricities, most likely a little bit is going to be ok, but knowing how much is "a little bit" is going to be the crux.

Really, you're wallet is sooo cute. Can I have it?

Ok, there you lost me.

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 10:58 PM

I once had a guy in Jr. High ask me to give him a hicky on his neck but not touch him when I did it.

I think I held his head down on the sidewalk with my size 11 shoes and twisted his neck skin with my knuckles and made a neclace out of his blood.good for you. LOL

My response to men who talk to me like that is to stare, patiently for a very long time at them, let the silence do the talking. I allow my complete confusion to filter through the expression on my face slowly, so I can torture the arrogant little idiots just a little bit longer and then I bust out laughing.

Those kind of encounters stopped at college after the first semester. The funniest thing that happened; (yes I have to share)

The guy who found me in the laundry room? Well, he hired me to manage the house his parents rented out to students. He came along with his newly wed wife. After she went to run errands because reviewing accounting and property management details was too tedious for her, his father looked right at him with this long hard stare, turned back to me and said, "why in the heck couldn't you have married someone like this gal? She's pretty AND smart."

OH let me tell you, there was no place for him to hide his embarrassment and I just politely smiled. I patted his fathers hand and said, "not to worry, I'm sure he's happy with his choice." And then, my fiance walked in the door to add salt to the idiot's wounds.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 11:03 PM
That's the most horrifying thing I've ever read.

I just so knew someone was going to pick on my size 11's. I know. I'm only 5'6. My brother's are 6'7 and 6'5. I got the feet but forgot the height. And my legs are short so I entertain my husband all day without trying. I enter or leave a room and he just starts rolling.

writerterri
02-19-2009, 11:09 PM
To be fair, most of what we digest, even fats and proteins, are ultimately converted to glucose as well. The differences are how long it takes and how much energy it takes to do it. Our central nervous system seems to only be able to burn glucose. If it is not obtained through the diet then the body will make it from breaking down glycogen and then muscle etc. Without getting into an encyclopedic post, and without knowing your particular metabolic eccentricities, most likely a little bit is going to be ok, but knowing how much is "a little bit" is going to be the crux.

Ok, there you lost me.

I'm an all or nothing girl. I'm having a bit of a sugar addiction going on. And it's interfering with some bacteria in my stomach. Candida or something. They thrive on sugar I guess.

It's okay about the wallet. Nevermind. It had something to do with being oblivious to flirting. You can just leave it on the table. :D

writerterri
02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
good for you. LOL

My response to men who talk to me like that is to stare, patiently for a very long time at them, let the silence do the talking. I allow my complete confusion to filter through the expression on my face slowly, so I can torture the arrogant little idiots just a little bit longer and then I bust out laughing.

Those kind of encounters stopped at college after the first semester. The funniest thing that happened; (yes I have to share)

The guy who found me in the laundry room? Well, he hired me to manage the house his parents rented out to students. He came along with his newly wed wife. After she went to run errands because reviewing accounting and property management details was too tedious for her, his father looked right at him with this long hard stare, turned back to me and said, "why in the heck couldn't you have married someone like this gal? She's pretty AND smart."

OH let me tell you, there was no place for him to hide his embarrassment and I just politely smiled. I patted his fathers hand and said, "not to worry, I'm sure he's happy with his choice." And then, my fiance walked in the door to add salt to the idiot's wounds.

Ha! I live for the moment my husband gets to meet the one I almost married. He may. I'm still friends with his mother. My ex is on his 3rd marriage and I'm still on my first. My ex said he was just too good for me. And I just found out my ex is drinking heavily again. And his gym is failing. And his arms are shrinking! Time makes good revenge, yes?

Cassiopeia
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Ha! I live for the moment my husband gets to meet the one I almost married. He may. I'm still friends with his mother. My ex is on his 3rd marriage and I'm still on my first. My ex said he was just too good for me. And I just found out my ex is drinking heavily again. And his gym is failing. And his arms are shrinking! Time makes good revenge, yes?I had NO interest in this fella but there was a guy back home, that my fiance did get to meet. We were at church and my fiance nudged me say, sweetie...who's the angry looking guy?" *snerk* I hadn't even noticed but there was the one who got away looking like he could kill. Silly man, he was married too.

GeorgeK
02-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm an all or nothing girl. I'm having a bit of a sugar addiction going on. And it's interfering with some bacteria in my stomach. Candida or something. They thrive on sugar I guess.

Candida are yeast. Yes they eat sugar and actually they, like us, have an easier time digesting the monosaccharides like honey, corn syrup etc. For them to be a problem on a chronic basis (as opposed to an acute temporary thing like after a course of antibiotics etc., or somethimes just bad luck) it often means that there is a problem either with sugar metabolism or the immune system. Depending upon the location I've even seen psoriasis misidentified as a yeast infection. There are entire textbooks dedicated to the origins and treatment of yeast. If that guy is taking a while to treat the problem and you are getting bad vibes of whatever sort, you might consider a second opinion from an internist. But that might take a while to get in, so I'd suggest maybe not cancelling your followup appointment just yet.

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I had NO interest in this fella but there was a guy back home, that my fiance did get to meet. We were at church and my fiance nudged me say, sweetie...who's the angry looking guy?" *snerk* I hadn't even noticed but there was the one who got away looking like he could kill. Silly man, he was married too.

You never know. Maybe he lost his wallet and was mad at himself that he didn't have enough money for the collection plate?

Cassiopeia
02-20-2009, 12:04 AM
wrerri, look into your local healthfood store for Kefier milk. It's way better than any yogurt and it comes in flavors. I used to have my own kefier grains and made my own milk but it was too much for me and I couldn't drink it all. I am probably going to try it again but this time with rice milk. :)

Those little bacterias that grow with the kefier grains go to town on candida. You will notice a HUGE difference within the week.

RobJ
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I think it's how she perceives me and she was looking for something to make me look at what she thinks is my weirdness.

My mom once told me how sexy I was and she said that it had nothing to do with sex either. She said everything about me was appealing and that she wasn't trying to be weird but wanted to give me a compliment. I took it as a compliment as well. It could be that my SIL is jealous of me and wants me to think I'm weird when she really thinks I'm sexy. :e2brows:

Perhaps the doctor thought that too and when I smiled at him and was being friendly he took as me flirting with him. Still doesn't excuse him from telling me he's married. I could care less. I wasn't flirting. When I flirt I get down to business and use my body and hands. Ask my husband.

Don't take this the wrong way because I don't know you at all, but we've got a thread in which you tell us that your doctor told you he's married, and you said and did nothing to provoke his response other than smile. You think flirting is harmless, but you assure us you weren't flirting. Your sister asked you to change your sexual message on your phone, even though it wasn't in any way sexual, your mother told you how sexy you are, appealing in every way. Oh and you could care less about what the doctor said - but we have a whole thread about it, in which you go on many times how sexy you are, and you sent him a follow up fax, and you hope he's worried that you'll turn him in to the board - and a whole bunch of people here are banging on about how unprofessional he was.

I'm conscious that we only have one side of the story here. And can't help feeling that we don't have all the information.

Cheers,
Rob

James81
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I just so knew someone was going to pick on my size 11's. I know. I'm only 5'6. My brother's are 6'7 and 6'5. I got the feet but forgot the height. And my legs are short so I entertain my husband all day without trying. I enter or leave a room and he just starts rolling.

Where does he roll to?

Cranky
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM

Oh, geeze, you aren't kidding! That was the worst part of the gig for me. It puts you in an awkward position. I made sure to treat everyone the same way (even the jerks), and for the rare, not-so-quick-on-the-uptake ones, excessive waving of my left hand in their field of vision usually did the trick, lol.

But most people were really just being friendly in return, and almost anyone that slid over into flirting kept it light and friendly, not creepy, "I can treat you better than your husband can" stuff. *shudders*

Except one skeevy guy who wouldn't get a clue if someone handed it to him on a silver platter. He kept trying to give me his phone number and asked me repeatedly to call him. It was MUY creepy.

Werri, I hope you're feeling better about this doctor thing now. And I'd get a new doc as soon as it's feasible. :Hug2:

Cassiopeia
02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm conscious that we only have one side of the story here. And can't help feeling that we don't have all the information.

Cheers,
RobI think I'll take wrerri at her word.

GeorgeK
02-20-2009, 12:25 AM
wrerri, look into your local healthfood store for Kefier milk. It's way better than any yogurt and it comes in flavors... :)

Those little bacterias that grow with the kefier grains go to town on candida. You will notice a HUGE difference within the week.

It's a very reasonable thing to try. If it's a bad luck thing or antibiotic associated, it probably will help speed recovery. It will be cheaper at the grocery store, though. The way they work is to crowd out the yeast, not to eat the yeast. It's a competition for space and resources. I'm not saying that you said otherwise Cassiopeia, it's just that I've seen health food salesmen misrepresent how it works and in the process delay definitive treatment on people for whom the yeast was a symptom of a problem, rather than the primary problem.

maestrowork
02-20-2009, 12:28 AM
And when a cute guy was using the U-Scan, I'd sometimes, um, freeze the screen so the U-Scan machine would say, "Please see the cashier for assistance...".

That explains so much. I always wonder why the darn thing won't scan a friggin pack of chewing gums.

Cassiopeia
02-20-2009, 12:39 AM
It's a very reasonable thing to try. If it's a bad luck thing or antibiotic associated, it probably will help speed recovery. It will be cheaper at the grocery store, though. The way they work is to crowd out the yeast, not to eat the yeast. It's a competition for space and resources. I'm not saying that you said otherwise Cassiopeia, it's just that I've seen health food salesmen misrepresent how it works and in the process delay definitive treatment on people for whom the yeast was a symptom of a problem, rather than the primary problem.
I haven't seen it in my normal grocery store. Hmmm...maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't have a salesman talk to me about kefier. My ex and I used to have our own grains and make our own kefier milk while we lived in South Africa. From personal experience, after having been on very strong antibiotics, I saw my symptoms subside within a week. We bougt them via the internet, and had to wake them up.

writerterri
02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Don't take this the wrong way because I don't know you at all, but we've got a thread in which you tell us that your doctor told you he's married, and you said and did nothing to provoke his response other than smile. You think flirting is harmless, but you assure us you weren't flirting. Your sister asked you to change your sexual message on your phone, even though it wasn't in any way sexual, your mother told you how sexy you are, appealing in every way. Oh and you could care less about what the doctor said - but we have a whole thread about it, in which you go on many times how sexy you are, and you sent him a follow up fax, and you hope he's worried that you'll turn him in to the board - and a whole bunch of people here are banging on about how unprofessional he was.

Cheers,
Rob

Dude, don't get on my nerves. Seperate. The. Issues. Please. Don't. Lump. Them. All. Up. And. Create. A. Sum. About. Me. You'll. Lose.

Cheers,

Terri

writerterri
02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Where does he roll to?

To your house to get a high 5!

Don't lie!

writerterri
02-20-2009, 12:56 AM
wrerri, look into your local healthfood store for Kefier milk. It's way better than any yogurt and it comes in flavors. I used to have my own kefier grains and made my own milk but it was too much for me and I couldn't drink it all. I am probably going to try it again but this time with rice milk. :)

I love Kefier! I wonder how they got him in that container though.

Okay!

Jcomp
02-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Left hand or right hand?

Both. Firmly.

writerterri
02-20-2009, 12:59 AM
That explains so much. I always wonder why the darn thing won't scan a friggin pack of chewing gums.

*grinningwildly*

Oh, really!

Cranky
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Both. Firmly.

Oh dear. My delicate little eyeballs! :roll:

writerterri
02-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Candida are yeast. Yes they eat sugar and actually they, like us, have an easier time digesting the monosaccharides like honey, corn syrup etc. For them to be a problem on a chronic basis (as opposed to an acute temporary thing like after a course of antibiotics etc., or somethimes just bad luck) it often means that there is a problem either with sugar metabolism or the immune system. Depending upon the location I've even seen psoriasis misidentified as a yeast infection. There are entire textbooks dedicated to the origins and treatment of yeast. If that guy is taking a while to treat the problem and you are getting bad vibes of whatever sort, you might consider a second opinion from an internist. But that might take a while to get in, so I'd suggest maybe not cancelling your followup appointment just yet.

I just want to see him one more time. I want to ask him if banana's are okay. :D

Cassie and GeorgeK

And I just had a kidney infection to boot. One more pill left then I'm done.

I feel so bloated. I'm going to go get that Kefier. Two bottles.

writerterri
02-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Both. Firmly.

Robeaieaieieieiei requires pictures. :D

James81
02-20-2009, 01:22 AM
To your house to get a high 5!

Don't lie!

what up homiee? i jsut got back to da states n in da chi studyin for my USMLEs. tryin ta catch up on dis FB thingy? u still in da chi? wass been gud dawg? u know jespers thingy on hea? holla

RobJ
02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
You'll. Lose.
Excuse me? What is it you think I'm going to lose, Terri?

writerterri
02-20-2009, 03:33 AM
what up homiee? i jsut got back to da states n in da chi studyin for my USMLEs. tryin ta catch up on dis FB thingy? u still in da chi? wass been gud dawg? u know jespers thingy on hea? holla

You should talk to Bravo. He be likin dat stuph.

writerterri
02-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Excuse me? What is it you think I'm going to lose, Terri?

:guns:

maestrowork
02-20-2009, 03:39 AM
Oh dear. My delicate little eyeballs! :roll:

He wasn't poking you on Facebook, was he?

Death Wizard
02-20-2009, 03:52 AM
I just read through this entire thread just now.

Hysterical!!!

writerterri
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
I just read through this entire thread just now.

Hysterical!!!

I heart you.

Cassiopeia
02-20-2009, 05:35 AM
I love Kefier! I wonder how they got him in that container though.

Okay!:roll: NOT Kieffer ...Kefier. If that is indeed how it's spelled. :D

Dorkgirl LOL

Angie
02-20-2009, 07:13 AM
NOT Kieffer ...Kefier.

Damn. Just when this thread was getting interesting...

Smish
02-20-2009, 07:35 AM

Well, I'd also do it just to mess with people...

And when I worked the regular check-out lane, if someone was rude, I'd squeeze their bread...

I was a bad Kroger employee...

But I always smiled and pretended to be friendly, so I got lots of gold stars on my name badge :)

Wayne K
02-20-2009, 04:39 PM
You could send him an apology. I would write to him and go into great detail about how sorry I am that he mistook my condescendence for flirting.

ETA:
I once had a similar experience with a girlfriend of one of my boyfriends. She thought I was hitting on her and loudly announced it in the bar, but I took great pleasure in announcing just as loudly that I didn't want to share her with him, but that she would be sharing him with me. She couldn't keep her hands off me after that. (Wimmin are strange)

writerterri
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
You could send him an apology. I would write to him and go into great detail about how sorry I am that he mistook my condescendence for flirting.

ETA:
I once had a similar experience with a girlfriend of one of my boyfriends. She thought I was hitting on her and loudly announced it in the bar, but I took great pleasure in announcing just as loudly that I didn't want to share her with him, but that she would be sharing him with me. She couldn't keep her hands off me after that. (Wimmin are strange)

I have more crushes on gay men than straight men. I have a cousin that's gay and I adore him. He doesn't know I have a crush on him though.

Cassiopeia
02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I have more crushes on gay men than straight men. I have a cousin that's gay and I adore him. He doesn't know I have a crush on him though.He's probably just googled you and knows now. :D

quickWit
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a cousin that's gay and I adore him. He doesn't know I have a crush on him though.

Ask him for honey clearance. :)

Wow. This thread has a nice kind of symmetry, don't you think?

robeiae
02-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Wow. This thread has a nice kind of symmetry, don't you think?
No.

quickWit
02-20-2009, 10:18 PM
No.

Are you coming on to me?

robeiae
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I've been on you for months, now. And frankly, I'm a little chaffed.

quickWit
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I've been on you for months, now. And frankly, I'm a little chaffed.

Fruit pie indeed.

*shares laugh with the receptionist*

Wayne K
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I have more crushes on gay men than straight men. I have a cousin that's gay and I adore him. He doesn't know I have a crush on him though.
Get him drunk and take advantage of him.

writerterri
02-23-2009, 07:52 PM
No.

Yes, it does, nard! :D

writerterri
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Get him drunk and take advantage of him.

I did once. I put my boob on his arm and he didn't get it. Or maybe he just didn't know what to do.

James81
02-23-2009, 07:56 PM
I did once. I put my boob on his arm and he didn't get it. Or maybe he just didn't know what to do.

You don't do anything when a girl puts a boob on your arm. You sit there and enjoy it until she decides to pull it away. You don't risk making any sudden movements, lest she take it away.

writerterri
02-23-2009, 08:18 PM
You don't do anything when a girl puts a boob on your arm. You sit there and enjoy it until she decides to pull it away. You don't risk making any sudden movements, lest she take it away.

That explains why he sat so still! :roll:And said nothing!

James81
02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
That explains why he sat so still! :roll:And said nothing!

It's like a deer. You sit still and you do not breathe or you are going to scare it away.

writerterri
02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
It's like a deer. You sit still and you do not breathe or you are going to scare it away.

So, then he did like it! And to think, we almost did it when we were kids. It's a good thing we didn't. It would have been a blow to my ego later in life. :D And it's already happened to me twice.

PS. We aren't from the hills, we're related by marriage. We were bored! But nothing happened. What, he had a crush on me first!

James81
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
*backs away slowly*

writerterri
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
*backs away slowly*

Wait, get back here! I'm bored.