I'm confused. (stop laughing!) I need the male sorts in here.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My doctor thinks I flirted with him, I think. I'm married to start with (harmless flirting isn't bad in my book) but for goodness sake, I wasn't flirting! He said to me that he wants me to not eat anymore sugar. Now, I'm a smiley person when I talk to people, but his shorts weren't on my mind when I asked him if I could have honey instead. He said, the kind bees make? I said yes. He looked confused and sort of answered yes. We parted for a few minutes and I asked again just to be sure, "So, did I get a clearance for honey?" The nurse said, "you're something else" smiling (probably over my pursuance of sugar). The doctor, backing away to the hall way said, "no thanks, I'm married".

What?

I'm confused. Could someone else please explain the male mind to me?

Thanks!

Okay, now you can laugh.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, that guy's a dope. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone render medical opinions. His nurse doesn't sound all that bright either.

If I were you, I'd find a doctor who acts like an adult, or at least thinks like one.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. It's a REAL stretch to turn what you said into a proposition. He flatters himself.

If I'm betting, I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

(In many cases, the male mind works just fine without needing to engage the mouth.)

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I'm not a male type, but I agree with what the two male types have already said. Your doctor sounds juvenile at best, completely wacko at worst.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, that guy's a dope. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone render medical opinions. His nurse doesn't sound all that bright either.

If I were you, I'd find a doctor who acts like an adult, or at least thinks like one.

See, I feel uncomfortable going back in there. I really think he thought I was flirting with him. Why else would he say that? I sent him a fax telling him I was confused about his comment. I want to see if he clears it up on his end.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I love it when guys think that every woman in the world is out to 'get' them. The guy's a dick. Blow it off.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
See, I feel uncomfortable going back in there. I really think he thought I was flirting with him. Why else would he say that? I sent him a fax telling him I was confused about his comment. I want to see if he clears it up on his end.

You sent him a FAX about it! Oh, Werri...you should have called him or went in to see him. Everybody sees faxes, girl.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. It's a REAL stretch to turn what you said into a proposition. He flatters himself.

If I'm betting, I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

(In many cases, the male mind works just fine without needing to engage the mouth.)

You know, poet, I thought the nurse and him were on the same page but not as me. She said it first then he followed with his comment. Perhaps he thought the nurse picked up on my so called flirting and gave him the go to say, "no thanks, I'm married".

He was flattering himself wasn't he!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you say, "I'm confused", he might still think you're coming onto him.

Just tell him -- he's dreamin'. He's insulted you.

Wait... that last comment was in the open -- in front of the nurse! Why would he think you'd make a play out in the open, let alone at all?

What a dill he is. He doesn't need asking -- he needs telling. He's messed with your head, and he's well out of line.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You sent him a FAX about it! Oh, Werri...you should have called him or went in to see him. Everybody sees faxes, girl.

Well, he had the gonads to say it in a room full of people he works with, which is why I sent the fax. The same people who heard him say it will now see my comment. It's how I planned it. Now they know why he said that.

See there. I'm shmart.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
You're giving him way more leeway than he deserves. There's something wrong with that dude. My guess is that he never fully got over his teen years.

In any case, after he's shown such gross misjudgment in a simple statement, would you ever trust him again to evaluate a medical condition objectively? Your health is at stake here.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you say, "I'm confused", he might still think you're coming onto him.

Just tell him -- he's dreamin'. He's insulted you.

Wait... that last comment was in the open -- in front of the nurse! Why would he think you'd make a play out in the open, let alone at all?

What a dill he is. He doesn't need asking -- he needs telling. He's messed with your head, and he's well out of line.

Too late. I already said it.

You're dreamin' Mr. Dr. Man! How dare you insult me!

He did mess with my head. And to come back with a comment like that in front of his workers is out of line. Even if I was flirting. He shouldn't have said that.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Men are weird.
Wait.

One guy does something weird, and now it's All Men?

I assume you're joking, but it's still not on.

(I note that it's only one woman who's saying this.)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait.

One guy does something weird, and now it's All Men?

I assume you're joking, but it's still not on.

(I note that it's only one woman who's saying this.)

I'm just kidding, Poet. I shoulda put a smiley.

GirlWithPoisonPen

Mata Hari
Registered
Reaction score
A comment about exchanging sugar for honey is not flirting with your doctor.

Flirting with your doctor is when you wear deep red nail polish on your toes because you know your orthopedist likes it. ;)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
In the doctor's mind, I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Teri says, "So, Doc, I hear what you say about sugar. But what about honey? Can I have me some honey?"

"You mean the kind bees make?"

"Yeah, from bees. What kind do you think I'm talking about?"

Loosens tie, begins to sweat. "Oh, um, um..."

"From bees. Is that okay?"

"Yes. Yes, that's fine."

Teri smiles. "Thanks, Doc. You're sweet."

The nurse cackles and says, "You're really something."

As the doctor backs away, Teri calls out, "So, did I get the clearance for some honey?"

The doctor, beside himself now, utters, "No thanks, I'm married," and scurries away before Teri has a chance to slip off the examining table and jump his bones.

The End.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Now, I'm a smiley person when I talk to people,

Although it's not your fault he misinterpreted you, this is what makes me think it was the way you said it (and not what you said).

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Sugar sugar . . . dah dah dah du dah dah. Uhhh, honey honey dah dah dah du dah dah. . . you are my baby girl. . .

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Did he think you were saying Honey, as in addressing him instead of honey, as in the stuff bees make?

Because not only is this dude a total ass, he needs to get his ears cleaned out too.

I so would have lit him up right there in front of everyone and told him I was finding a new, grown up doctor.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I say the doctor and the nurse have got it goin' on already.

Possibly, or they would like to. When I was in med school, I worked with a physician and nurse practitioner who lasciviously riffed like this a lot, and they wound up, IIRC, getting married.

Everything was an innuendo. Rounds sucked because of all the bowm chicka bowm bowm, like so:

"Let's go place that central line."

"Mmm, I'd love to. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

Last edited: