I'm addicted to writing...when I am not writing.. I am bored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Well after I finished my very first manuscript. I am bored. I have nothing to do. So I hang out here.

What about you. Have you taken a break from writing? Only to find its in your blood?

Reaction score
I find if I ban myself from writing it makes me want to write all the more!

Sometimes if I get a fantastic idea for a story, I'll say, "Right; you have things to do over the weekend, but come Monday, set aside some time and get writing."

Between now and then I go crazy to start writing, even if I have other things taking up my time.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't taken a break since last July.

If I'm not writing, I'm thinking about what I'm going to write.

I've got it bad.

Reaction score
I go crazy in the lead-up to NaNo. I positively itch to start on whatever project I choose to concentrate on each year.

Except for last year. I didn't think of anything until November 1st and started writing without even knowing what genre it was.

But apart from that...I'm with firedrake. Like Usher said, "U Got It Bad."

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm addicted to writing in the same way someone gets addicted to heroin.

If I don't do it for a while, I get itchy and need to get my "fix". I'm usually always writing something. Unfortunately, a lot of it is just stuff that will never see the light of day or stuff like blogs/message boards. I need to get more focus toward real writing projects.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I go through phases. Writing a lot..as much as possible...then life gets in the way and I get out of it. For me, it's like working out. I LOVE to do it. I feel great when I do it. But if I fall out of the habit, sometimes, it's hard to get back in even though I NEED to do it.

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
Well after I finished my very first manuscript. I am bored. I have nothing to do. So I hang out here.

What about you. Have you taken a break from writing? Only to find its in your blood?

I won't say I'm addicted to writing, but I sure am addicted to thinking about it. When I'm not writing, it's constantly on my mind--my stories, my characters, whatnot. I can't even relate to others very well unless they have something to say about my writing. Most things I hear or say, I'm interested in only if they pertain to my writing. Ugh.

Semi-related, I remember when I finished my first fantasy serial, I was going to take a break from it and write on some other storyline before starting the sequel. That lasted all of like two minutes. Before I knew it I was plunging into the sequel, and right after it was done, I started the third...when I'm done with it I'll plunge into the fourth!

The only real reason I visit these forums at all (I'm not looking for critique) is to talk about my writing since I have nothing else to talk about, and nobody else to talk to about it! :Shrug:

deserata

writerly painter
Registered
Reaction score
I think I go through phases. Writing a lot..as much as possible...then life gets in the way and I get out of it. For me, it's like working out. I LOVE to do it. I feel great when I do it. But if I fall out of the habit, sometimes, it's hard to get back in even though I NEED to do it.
This describes me. I wish I could say I write every single day of the year, but I go through dry phases and writing gets hard and I can't make myself slog through it.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
If I'm not writing, I'm thinking about what I'm going to write.

I hope this isn't a bad thing, because this is me.

The only time I'm not writing or thinking about writing is when, alas, I have to do things for the jobs I get paid for (such as teaching) or for grad school (which I pay a lot of money for.)

Status
Not open for further replies.