PDA

View Full Version : Call from Woman's Day and then...

Susie
05-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi, all,

I got a call from Woman's Day and thinking I got an acceptance with one of my children's anecdotes, I was soon to learn it wouldn't be an acceptance. Without a pause, the editor said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I see you had one published with us in January and we can only use one a year from each contributor!" Rats... It had been my first call from an editor in almost two years, so that was really disappointing. At least on the upside I got a small acceptance for some puns of mine.

Happy acceptances, Susie

Cabria
05-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey Suse!

Well I just got all my submissions from Renaissance rejected today! So beat ya! Ha!

Deb :eek:

sgtsdaughter
05-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Well I just got all my submissions from Renaissance rejected today! So beat ya! Ha!

Unfortunatly, I think Deb has won the daily looser bid by a long shot. Sorry Deb . . .

Makes you feel better, someone "forgot" to pay me. Yup. Lets not go there.

A.

Cabria
05-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Yup Annessa, I won there!! lol But funny thing about it, it didn't bother me near as much as rejections used to. Felt a sting for just a second (with an eloquent "Oh Crap!!), grinned and forgot about it. My philosopy: "Thick Skin - Send 'em Again!!" Because for all the rejections, that one acceptance sweetly lifts the spirit. It's all ups and downs, isn't it?

Deb :mad: ( my "Oh Crap!!)

:D (my grin!!)

;) (my "send 'em out again!!")

Susie
06-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey, Deb, SD,

Sorry, Deb. I just noticed your post and hope that only acceptances shall follow you and SD, etc. (Me too, I hope.:) I agree with Deb, the more rejections we get, the more skin thickness we get. Does that add to our weight??? lol.

Hugs, Susie:)

hockeytaxi
06-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Susie,

It sounds to me like she would have accepted your article if you hadn't already had one published. Way to go! I would love to have that phone call.

Deb,

Sorry about the rejections. They get a little annoying after awhile!

----
Keep up the hard work both of you. All of you inspire me to try a little harder. I'm taking baby steps towards being published and hopefully earning some spare coin.

Cheers,

Selena

brokenfingers
06-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey Sherri,

I agree. If it was good enough to prompt a call from an editor at Woman's Day - it should definitely be good enough for another market.

Good Luck!

Susie
06-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi, Selena and BF,

Yep, I am happy WD called me, but I could have really used the check. I will submit it elsewhere. Most appreciated.

Greenwolf103
06-18-2005, 09:46 PM
That must've really hurt, Susie. So sorry about the rejection! :(

Be glad for the acceptance of something else, though. That's a hard mag for some writers to get into!

Big hugs,

Dawn

Susie
06-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Thanks so much, Dawn,

That really means a lot to me. Glad you understand! Hope you're doing well and having a very good weekend.

big, big hugs, Susie:)

dragonjax
06-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Oh, bummer, Susie. But it sure sounds like she would have accepted it if you hadn't *already* been published this year by WD! Heaven knows there are worse things...

Here's hoping the next call will be a fabulous acceptence!

Susie
06-19-2005, 06:33 AM
Aww, thanks DJ. That's very sweet of you. Yep, I've gone beyond that WD call to more acceptances and alas, more rejections...:) Much good luck with your writing.