Worthless Blather

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
I often wonder if it is just my three drinking buddies and I who are the only people in the world who loathe worthless banter and slathered blather about nothing. When listening into the conversations of other people at the bar is beyond infuriating.

I've sat with each of these three gentlemen for a continual hour of drinking with no speaking. Not planned, just appreciated.

I'd say the Cooler equivalent of the problem would be the "Movies you hated" thread. I guess some people just talk to talk or enjoy circling conversations with "Hey, me too!" posts three per page. No offense, I saw some, what I would consider, borderline not normal people there.

Maybe I just want the whole world to shut up. Perhaps this thread is a prime example of what I'm bitching about in the first place.

It's all so irrelevant and meaningless anyway.

It's just been at least a couple weeks since I started a thread that goes nowhere. It's true, the typical thread killer rarely starts a long one. Guess it goes with the job.

"SHUT UP, ZaZ!"

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
My first instinct is to ask: Well, what would you like to talk about - that would be meaningful to you and the other party/parties?

Because ultimately, isn't that all that matters? If the folks having the conversation are vested in it, heck, I don't care what they're talking about. Chances are, especially at a bar, they'd have no interest in what I'm doing either. And that's fine with me.

Comfortable silence is great. But constant chatter isnt' necessarily not great. I think it all depends on the listeners and the speakers. They consent to how they want to interact based on verbal and other cues.

So, whatever works for you and your friends or tablemates etc. Value it! Some people sit silently alone. Sounds like you've got at least two souls who share your interests and want to be with you. Cheers to that, yes?

ZaZ said:
I often wonder if it is just my three drinking buddies and I who are the only people in the world who loathe worthless banter and slathered blather about nothing. When listening into the conversations of other people at the bar is beyond infuriating.

I've sat with each of these three gentlemen for a continual hour of drinking with no speaking. Not planned, just appreciated.

I'd say the Cooler equivalent of the problem would be the "Movies you hated" thread. I guess some people just talk to talk or enjoy circling conversations with "Hey, me too!" posts three per page. No offense, I saw some, what I would consider, borderline not normal people there.

Maybe I just want the whole world to shut up. Perhaps this thread is a prime example of what I'm bitching about in the first place.

It's just been at least a couple weeks since I started a thread that goes nowhere. It's true, the typical thread killer rarely starts a long one. Guess it goes with the job.

"SHUT UP, ZaZ!"

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
ZaZ said:
I know at least two of you are on the movies thread.
Bastards!
I really just wanted to tell myself to shut up.

Zaz - I'm too kind a soul - I can't let you kill your own thread, so I'm sorry - but I must post again.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
No please no - don't do it - don't kill your own thread! I'm going to sleep - I can't save you anymore - I'm a mental health professional - I'll have to commit suicide if I don't save you.

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
ZaZ said:
"SHUT UP, ZaZ!"

Never shut up Zaz man!

I know what ya mean. I used to despise silence, but in the last few years have realized there's a value to it - at times. At other times silence makes my ears ring..

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Slathered blather has a very special place in the world. It drowns out the "BOO-YAH!" crap on ESPN.

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
ZaZ said:

I guess some people just talk to talk or enjoy circling conversations with "Hey, me too!" posts three per page. No offense, I saw some, what I would consider, borderline not normal people there.

Zaz,

You didn't really expect to find "normal" people on a forum for writers? Come on man, for writers to be able to produce--consistently and productively--we all have to be a bit on the nutty side. How else would we hear the voices that tell us what to write?

:D

A.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, with a thread name like that - I just couldn't resist coming in. Naturally I thought it was an invitation for me to come in and blather away, a kind of beacon call for senseless, worthless, meaningless blathering.

But now that I've read Zaz's post all I can say is:

Yeah, Zaz, I know what you mean.

Uh-huh.

Yep.

Hey, me too!

Yeah, you got that right.

LOL!!!

Really?

Dude!!

Awesome!

ROTFLMAO!!

Yep.

sigh..........

Man, that was great Zaz. Thanks!!

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
And see BF's post above for validation that writer's are not normal . . . then again could be because he is right up the road from me (us being New Yorkers et al.) and the yankee genes are probally ingrained in him. Me, they just come when I let the guard down. He He He.

God, I need to get past my lastest roadblock. Soon I tell ya. Soon.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
ZaZ, shouldn't you be doing something productive like eavesdropping on other people's conversations while silently drinking beer in a bar? :Thumbs:

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
I will be listening to the rambling shite of some doofus sometime after 10. After ending a 24 day bender with a day off followed by a keg party, I'm still in need of some non-alcoholic time.

I'm thinkin' Peanut Buster Parfait and then a bunch of vodka.

Now there's some worthless banter.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Vodka?! Good Lord, Man...if you're gunna drink the hard stuff, at least drink the -good- hard stuff. Single malt Scotch. Preferably imported from Scotland.

I prefer an Islay, but I did find a yummy Cigar Malt not too long ago.

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
Affordability is the name of the game today. I drink scotch with my lawyer buddy during our monthly chess match. As long as it isn't Glenfiddich, widely renowned for its blandness and lack of character. But not tonight, hello RBV.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
ZaZ said:
I'm thinkin' Peanut Buster Parfait and then a bunch of vodka.
Wanna make it a double? Sounds like the kinda night I could use...

Oh yeah, blather, blather, blather. :heart: you, Zaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.