Any UFC fans out there?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Give it up for Jardine to take Jackson on March 7th. :box:

My favorite fighters come from the welterweight, middleweight, and especially the light heavyweight classes. One of the reasons I enjoy watching this is because it is not a singular style sport. Other sports such as boxing, football, and basketball do not have enough offensive and defensive variety to keep me interested.

Are you a fan? If so, which fighters do you root for?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gynn

Wandering worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Give it up for Jardine to take Jackson on March 7th. :box:

My favorite fighters come from the welterweight, middleweight, and especially the light heavyweight classes. One of the reasons I enjoy watching this is because it is not a singular style sport. Other sports such as boxing, football, and basketball do not have enough offensive and defensive variety to keep me interested.

Are you a fan? If so, which fighters do you root for?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

*raises hand

I watch all of the PPVs with my buddies. My favorites are GSP and Fedor Emelianenko (even though he's not in UFC). Both train exceptionally hard and are class acts.

I love MMA. It's everything I wanted Boxing to be like. Also, it's not as barbaric as many think. These days, MMA is very technical and the fighters have to have a variety of skills to make it to the top levels.

Top fighters in the world (imo):

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor
3. GSP

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Gynn,

I am glad you pointed this out:

Also, it's not as barbaric as many think. These days, MMA is very technical and the fighters have to have a variety of skills to make it to the top levels.

I agree. There is more to it although, I have to admit that I do get a rush at the site of an awesome KO.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I love UFC, too, though I've just started picking it up again after a really LONG break.

Can't decide who I like "most", though. I was just watching one of their knockout specials on Spike last night and saw this guy Nate Quarry who really impressed me.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Love Love LOVE UFC fights. I've been watching them for about 11 years, back when we would go to the video store and get the tapes. They were numbering in the teens at that time.

Georges St. Pierre--LOVE him
Randy Couture--awesome
Brock Lesnar--Holy CRAP!
Chuck Liddell--awesome
Antionio Nogueira (sp?) aka Minotauro--one of my favorite fighters
Keith Jardine--scares me to death =o)
BJ Penn--I used to really like him until the last St. Pierre fight. He acted like a big ole jerk.

But--my favorite all-time UFC fighter is definitely Royce Gracie. I really almost cried when he lost to Matt Hughes. It SO should not have gone that way. I kept hearing him say (before the fight) "This is MY house. I built it!" And that's true. He shoulda beat Hughes.

*ahem* I seem to take my UFC fandom quite seriously.

I love MMA. It's everything I wanted Boxing to be like. Also, it's not as barbaric as many think. These days, MMA is very technical and the fighters have to have a variety of skills to make it to the top levels.

Back in the day, it wasn't so nice and orderly. Some of the early fights are absolutely wicked!

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is one scary dude. :eek:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know! I think hubby told me that he used to be a wrestler. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's what I remember. And yes--he is scary as all get-out! Every time I see him on TV I say something like, "Dude, that is one gigantic human being." And hubby will say, "Yup. That is a very large man, right there!"

It's funny. Normally, I am this very docile person. I am virtually a pacifist in every way. but put me in front of the tv watching the fights and I turn into a whole 'nuther animal!

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he was an All-American wrestler for Minnesota, IIRC, and he was in the WWE for awhile. Heavyweight champ and all that.

His fists are almost the size of my head, and man, is he FAST. I was really impressed (if freaked out) by him.

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
He won a national championship at Minnesota. One of the most decorated NCAA heavyweight wrestlers. Only 5 losses in his career.