PDA

View Full Version : Do you rate threads on AW?

Sophia
02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I was looking through the FAQ and read this about rating threads:

You may find a small menu on thread pages which allows you to 'rate this thread' with a number between 1-5.

Casting a vote for threads you view is entirely optional, but if you think that the thread is superb, you might rate it as a 5-star thread, or if you think that it's unspeakably dismal, you might choose to rate the thread with a single star.

Once enough votes have been cast for the thread rating, you may see a set of stars appear with the title of the thread in the thread listings. These stars reflect the average vote cast, and can allow you to quickly see which threads are worth reading if you are on a very busy forum with a lot of threads.

Looking through Office Party, I can see several threads on the first page are rated. Holding the mouse cursor over the star rating shows that it is based typically on less than five votes.

Do you use the rating system to rate threads? Do you often use a thread's rating to decide whether to read it?

Have you already rated this thread "unspeakably dismal"? :D

scarletpeaches
02-16-2009, 11:51 PM
I rated thethinker42's manprawn thread as 5-star. :D

John Paton
02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Do you rate threads on AW?

No.

alleycat
02-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't use it, don't even look at the rating. Here, some thread about "Have you ever stuck fruit in a body orifice?" would get a higher rating than a discussion thread about Shakespeare.

Cassiopeia
02-16-2009, 11:57 PM
I forget it's there. :( but I'll rate yours, splendiferous. :D

Mel
02-16-2009, 11:59 PM
I think I've only rated one before. Don't pay a lot of attention to whether a thread has been rated or not.

Oh, and I just gave your thread an "Excellent" rating. Reason: One to maybe make you smile and, two because some may not be aware of this rating system. Now they know. :)

regdog
02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't use it, don't even look at the rating. Here, some thread about "Have you ever stuck fruit in a body orifice?" would get a higher rating than a discussion thread about Shakespeare.

Hmm our next thread perhaps.

To answer do I rate threads? No.

Clair Dickson
02-17-2009, 12:14 AM
No I don't rate threads.
No I don't pay any attention to ratings.
I usually click based on thread title and the first bit that I can see when I hover my mouse. If this is interesting or makes me curious, I click.

StoryG27
02-17-2009, 12:25 AM
I think the typical thread rating being based on five or less votes shows most of us pay little or no attention to the ratings.

I am no exception to the rule and have rated one thread, I think, since I've been a member.

I am still waiting for the fruit thread alley mentioned earlier. Anyone seen it?

:D

KTC
02-17-2009, 12:25 AM
this is the first one i ever rated. sorry, but i had to give it a 1 for terrible. that's just the kind of asshat i am.

Rachel
02-17-2009, 12:46 AM
I do when I remember. Sadly, I don't remember often.

I was surprised when I first came to AW and found that there were so many "activities" other than posting.
Rating, reps... all so much fun.

robeiae
02-17-2009, 01:20 AM
I make it a point to rate any thread started by BillyThrilly. I rate them all one star.

Really, this should be in the Newbie Guide, as well.

cray
02-17-2009, 01:22 AM
this is the first one i ever rated. sorry, but i had to give it a 1 for terrible. that's just the kind of asshat i am.

there are other kinds of asshats??

I make it a point to rate any thread started by BillyThrilly. I rate them all one star.

Really, this should be in the Newbie Guide, as well.

oh, hey there, rob.
...didn't see you there.

robeiae
02-17-2009, 01:23 AM
oh, hey there, rob.
...didn't see you there.
Not to worry. It's not like you're well known for your powers of observation...

cray
02-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Not to worry. It's not like you're well known for your powers of observation...

true.
but some have claimed that i'm a master of the obvious.

:roll:

rhymegirl
02-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Here, some thread about "Have you ever stuck fruit in a body orifice?" would get a higher rating than a discussion thread about Shakespeare.

Where is that one???

:) Just kidding.

Beach Bunny
02-17-2009, 03:09 AM
I don't rate them and I don't pay much attention to the ratings either. I pay more attention to the thread titles. And here in Office Party, some of the long running threads are so well known to me, I go in there depending on my mood. :Shrug:

Wayne K
02-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Remind me not to try your fruit salad!

Silver King
02-17-2009, 04:59 AM
I don't rate threads, nor pay any mind to how they're ranked. It's too subjective. Some of the best threads I've ever seen haven't been rated at all, while some of the worse are adorned with multiple stars.

Susie
02-17-2009, 05:00 AM
I rated your thread a 5 cuz I like it! I rate them on rare occasions. I just click on the link if it sounds interesting, like this one.

brainstorm77
02-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Sure do if I like the thread.