Awww shucks... I won

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why I feel uncomfortable about this... but I do. I do feel happy... just feel funny posting it. I won 1st place in Haunted Love at Rapheal's Village..

You can read my story Love Everlasting here: http://www.raphaelsvillage.com/

I would also like to thank Jeanne Cook and all the others for all the time they devote to the site.

joyce...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Joyce...puff out that chest and be proud. Congratz.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You wrote a very good story.

smiley-bounce017.gif
smiley-happy096.gif
poze.gif

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.. it really means a lot to me..

God or the universe or whatever you believe in has a way of keeping you humble. After the win on the short story... got scathing reveiw from agent on my book... :(

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much.. I know you have a pug too.. I've read your background and stories.. Hope to read you next winning piece.

Thanks, I'll let you know when they post it

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone.. it really means a lot to me..

God or the universe or whatever you believe in has a way of keeping you humble. After the win on the short story... got scathing reveiw from agent on my book... :(
Ugh. Your agent (if you have one) or one you're seeking who had your full?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I had a similar experience after an AIDS memorial except with a laugh in my ear from a good friend who had died from the disease. I went to a friend of mine who is a Catholic priest and told him that I thought I was going crazy because it was so real, but he told me it was a spiritual experience. He also told me that when his mother died she came to visit him at the end of his bed. He would have chalked it up as a dream except that he was reading and wide awake when it happened.

That story made me remember, and it was a great memory. Than you Joyce, that's what a good story and a great writer does.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the publication, Joyce.

Commiserations on the scathing agent. Anything useful, at least?

Last edited:

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I had a similar experience after an AIDS memorial except with a laugh in my ear from a good friend who had died from the disease. I went to a friend of mine who is a Catholic priest and told him that I thought I was going crazy because it was so real, but he told me it was a spiritual experience. He also told me that when his mother died she came to visit him at the end of his bed. He would have chalked it up as a dream except that he was reading and wide awake when it happened.

That story made me remember, and it was a great memory. Than you Joyce, that's what a good story and a great writer does.

Thanks... I believe deeply in spiritual experiences like that... and have encounter several in my life.. Glad to bring back good memories to you.

joyce

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Joyce, I know I congratulated you on winning, but didn't get to read the story until now.

That was one of the best I've read in a long time. The build up was good, the ending sent nice chills up my spine.

Yep. It's a winner!

(And that agent doesn't know what he or she lost out on. :) )