When you're in a bookstore...

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
...and you see a book by someone you know on AW, what do you do? You buy it, of course! I actually got excited when Kelly and I stopped at a bookstore in Dover, DE yesterday and as I bee-lined for the Sci-Fi/Horror section, as I normally do, I saw-- face out-- Offspring by our very own Liam Jackson. Yes, I know his book has been out for a while, but I now have it purchased it is on my to-be-read shelf, next up in line!

Just had to share! :D

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a book by another AW member.

Something I do for fellow members of the Australian Horror Writers Association is turn all of their books out so they're noticed more.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been on the boards quite long enough to but members to their books while shopping but I did pick up Courtney Summer's book because I enjoyed reading her blog.

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Serenity. I'm not familiar enough with AW authors to know whether I'm looking at their work in a bookstore, but I've come across work by a couple of people I know from another forum and bought it, no hesitation. Partly out of curiousity and partly just plain old support.

Well done, you. And well done Liam Jackson.

Cheers,
Rob

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
...and you see a book by someone you know on AW, what do you do? You buy it, of course! I actually got excited when Kelly and I stopped at a bookstore in Dover, DE yesterday and as I bee-lined for the Sci-Fi/Horror section, as I normally do, I saw-- face out-- Offspring by our very own Liam Jackson. Yes, I know his book has been out for a while, but I now have it purchased it is on my to-be-read shelf, next up in line!

Just had to share! :D

I picked up Offspring too! LOL If I recognize someone from AW, I definitely get their book. I have Ray's book, too, plus a handful of others.

And I expect the same courtesy from all of you if/when my books hit the shelves. (LOL)

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I have seen The Fiction Class in Barnes and Noble plenty of times, but I am in Barnes and Noble like every single day and rarely have the funds to buy anything. It's a Breakfast at Tiffany's syndrome. I have seen a few others, and I always think, "Yay, I've talked to that person/stalked their threads before!"

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't actually been *inside* a B&N or other bookstore in about eight months. :( Next time I go, though, I have several AWers books I plan to buy, and the ones I don't buy, I'll turn face out if I see 'em. :D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I only know one book by an AW member, and while I thought it was cool, I didn't buy it. It's not that I don't think it would be good, I just have other things to read for school and pleasure.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I've only ever seen one book by an AW member. It was Aruna's Of Marriageable Age, translated to Spanish, so I bought it on the spot, read it and loved it.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I bought John Elder Robison's "Look Me In The Eye" and Patricia Wood's "Lottery" (Patricia is "Orion" on AW) when they came out about a year and a half ago, and I enjoyed them both. Whenever I'm in a bookstore I look for others such as "Obedience" by Will Lavender (Is that his AW handle? I don't think so!) but haven't seen them.

I also saw, I can't remember the title or author's name (shame on me!), it's about driving around the US in a bus... I recognized the cover from it being in the author's sig, but it was a BJ's Wholesale club, I didn't buy it, and now my membership's lapsed because I rarely went in there.

I haven't seen any of these authors around AW much if at all recently, I hope that means they're all busy writing and editing followup books.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I bought Ray's Pacific Between at one of his booksignings.

I also bought Will Lavender's (yes, real AW handle) Obedience at one his signings. Listened to him talk, nice man.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I own three of Victoria Strauss' books (read one of them so far), one by A.C. Crispin, one by James D. Macdonald and Debra Doyle, and one by Jim C. Hines, but there are other books by AWers I also want to buy and (eventually) read. I still need to pick up Offspring.