iPod and Movies

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I downloaded three movies from iTunes. One movie plays fine on my iPod, and the other two don't work at all. However, I can view all three movies on my computer.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Deleted member 42

I would try re-synching the ipod again.

Also, if the iPod has less than about 10% free space on it, you will have playback problems with large files, which movies are. In that case though, I'd expect all of them to fail.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I tried re-synching and the iPod is barely 50% full. When I click on the movie the screen reads "loading" then the screen reverts back to the main menu.

Strange.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Are you on a Mac or PC?

What generation and kind of iPod is it, and how much space available on it?

How long are the different movies? Is there anything else that's unique about the the one that works relative to the other two?

Hmm.

If you had gotten them from some other source than iTunes, I'd have a billion answers for you now, but I'm fairly stumped as of yet.

The only other things I can think of is to check right-click (or ctrl-click) the movies while in iTunes, and choose "Get Info," and finding out what file format, video codec, and dimensions it is, and see if anything else is amiss.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Are you on a Mac or PC?

What generation and kind of iPod is it, and how much space available on it?

How long are the different movies? Is there anything else that's unique about the the one that works relative to the other two?

I'm on a PC, and I don't know the generation. How do I find out? I bought it two years ago. I checked the space, I've used less than 50% possible space usage.

Walk the Lind movie is 153 min. (this one I can see), About a Boy is 102 mins, Signs is 106 minutes.

The only difference I can think of is that I bought Walk the Line several weeks ago and charged it to my credit card. I bought the other two movies the same day and used an iTunes gift card.

Scribbler, I'll reboot and update see if it works. Thanks.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I updated the iPod and everything works fine now.