PDA

View Full Version : Ack! The dent in my head!

Stacia Kane
02-13-2009, 09:51 PM
I just realized the dent in my forehead is actually vsible in my avatar photo. Which is my "official author photo" as well.

See it? Right in the center there.

When I was two-ish I was in my walker with a blanket (hey, it was the 70s; I never wore a seatbelt either). And my mom took the blanket away a couple of times and told me not to carry the blanket in my walker, but I didn't listen.

So of course, the blanket got tangled up in the wheels of the walker, and I fell forward and hit my head on the corner of the coffee table, and it dented my head. When I furrow my brow you can see it really well, this one straight line right in the middle.

So, yeah. I just noticed it in the picture. And I am apparently doomed to be The Writer With the Dented Forehead.

Sigh.

scarletpeaches
02-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Is there a dent? I can't see it.

I have a dent in my forehead; only a slight one. Acne scar.

Pagey's_Girl
02-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I have a scar on my forehead that I make up some wild stories about, but was actually caused by burning myself trying to do a home perm. That was also the time I managed to burn out a good chunk of my bangs along with it. Perms and bleach don't mix.

Darzian
02-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I can assure you that it's barely noticeable.

Wayne K
02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
You have a beautiful face, so even if it's noticable, who cares?

ETA: I call them battle scars.

Clair Dickson
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I have a diagonal scar above my upper lip from when a friend of my older brothers threw a can at me when I was four (I was being a tag-a-long.) It required stiches.

As for your av... if you hadn't pointed it out, few, if anyone would have noticed it. I thought it was a trick of light.

Sophia
02-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I just realized the dent in my forehead is actually vsible in my avatar photo. Which is my "official author photo" as well.

Yes, but you'd be AMAZED at the number of urban fantasy readers who are dedicated phrenologists, and will take one look at your dent and gasp, "An innate intellectual faculty for creating intriguing plots! AND a propensity for writing excellent characters! I must buy this book!"

jennontheisland
02-13-2009, 11:56 PM
There's a dent??

I totally don't see it. If I did, I would have told you when you first posted the pic. 'Cause I'm that kind of friend. ;)

Susie
02-14-2009, 12:32 AM
December, you're too purty for anyone to look at a very minor dent! I couldn't even see it.

Stacia Kane
02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, but you'd be AMAZED at the number of urban fantasy readers who are dedicated phrenologists, and will take one look at your dent and gasp, "An innate intellectual faculty for creating intriguing plots! AND a propensity for writing excellent characters! I must buy this book!"

*spittake*

Thanks everyone! I guess it's not so noticeable, but I just happened to glance over and see it and thought, "Oh, man. I've spent my whole life trying to convince people that really is a dent and not just a wrinkle, and now it's RIGHT THERE STARING AT ME!!" You know, how you're so much more aware of your flaws than anyone else is?

I should have listened to my mother.

Anyway, thanks. :)