PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Lottery Prizes

quixote100104
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Greetings :-),

Anybody out there ever collected a large lottery prize (say, $100K+)? If it was in Delaware and claimed by a resident of another state that would be perfect, but Iíll take what info I can get :-). What Iím looking for is to get a sense of the processes, timeframes and potential complications involved in claiming such a prize.

My basic concept is a character who was a security guard on a truck gate where a lot of trucks go through enroute to distant locations. He makes an agreement with a driver whose route goes to (or through) Delaware to buy him large payout lottery tickets there. I selected Delaware because Iíve read that it allows such prizes to be claimed anonymously. That would be an important concern for this character. He would not be inclined to do anything criminal, but would be very concerned about keeping his winnings as private as possible. Heíd be from southeastern PA, where Iíve all my life, so I can take advantage of my own experience in describing the setting. My thinking is that, upon hitting a major prize (multiple millions of dollars), he would travel there and claim the prize quietly, employing a friend who was a financial advisor to set it up for income generation, etc.

Horseshoes
02-13-2009, 10:05 PM
PM Orion, whose papa won WA many moons ago.