PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I met Ruben Studdard

inkkognito
02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes, I know I sound like a fangirl, but I've loved Ruben ever since his first appearance on Idol. Right at the audition shows, I told my husband, "That guy's gonna win." I attended the media event at Disney World today and got to meet him and a bunch of other Idol celebrities. Photos of all of them can be found at http://www.examiner.com/x-2200-Orlando-Getaways-Examiner~y2009m2d12-I-met-Ruben-Studdard-Sanjaya-and-many-more-at-Disney-photos but of course Ruben's pic is at the top.

writerterri
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Cool! Is he as huggable as he looks in person? He was my choice that season. You two look fantastic!

inkkognito
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL, yes, very huggable! As a matter of fact, when I was leaving another person ran up to him for a photo and made it quite an intimate hugging shot.

scottVee
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Ruben who?

James81
02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Right at the audition shows, I told my husband, "That guy's gonna win."

I had a moment like that a few seasons back with Carrie Underwood. Called it from the moment she walked into the first audition.

Ruben has sort of faded into oblivion though. It always surprises me how little the fame of winning this show actually lasts for most of the contestants.

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two who have taken their victory to super-stardom. That kind of surprises me for some reason.

Wayne K
02-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I had a moment like that a few seasons back with Carrie Underwood. Called it from the moment she walked into the first audition.

Ruben has sort of faded into oblivion though. It always surprises me how little the fame of winning this show actually lasts for most of the contestants.

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two who have taken their victory to super-stardom. That kind of surprises me for some reason.

I never watch the show, but I did catch Ruben doing "Sweet Hiome Alabama" and I liked him very much. Kelly and Carrie did do well after Idol and deservedly so. They can flat out sing.

inkkognito
02-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah, Carrie can sing! She did a live number at the premiere show before the party, and I was totally wowed. If you're a Carrie fan, I've got some pics here (I've got some of David Cook too, as well as all the winners together on stage): http://www.examiner.com/x-2200-Orlando-Getaways-Examiner~y2009m2d13-Seven-American-Idols-gather-on-one-stage-at-Disney-Hollywood-Studio

I get those weird flashes like I did with Ruben every once in a while. My favorite time was when I joined a pool with the people at work who are obsessed with The Bachelor. This was back in my corporate days, and I couldn't relate to their obsession. I said, "I could do just as well in the pool choosing randomly as you obsessives can." I looked at the webpage, had a hunch, and made my selection. My choice was a total underdog, but he hung in there and won. It was so sweeeet collecting those winnings.

Susie
02-14-2009, 12:31 AM
That is so cool, ink! The stars seem really friendly and you look great! Thx much for sharing.