PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call

veinglory
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi erotica writers! What are you up to?
---------------------------------------

I have just finished the first draft of a novella called 'the Pilgrim Heart'. It is intended for the epublisher loose Id and will follow on from, the short story 'Knowing Patrick' and form the first part of a novella. It is MM erotic romance fantasy, elves and ghostly nuns (oh my!).

Maryn
05-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Alas, I can't report a damned thing. I now have kids underfoot once again and will probably write very little until autumn.

Doesn't mean I can't think about it and jot down ideas, of course!

Maryn, grumbling

Kate StAmour
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Well, I have a few projects I am hoping to complete and begin to submit to e-pubs. Probably Liquid Silver, EC, Aphrodite Unlaced, and Loose ID will be my first choices--dare to dream. My mainstay remains reviews though, particularly since life has been tossing me curve balls and my creativity just isn't up to par(or is it bat?).
Thank you for starting a check-in!

Kate

pepperlandgirl
05-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Based on the comments I've received, I'm expanding a F/F short story into a novella, and I plan to submit it to Single Shots (an imprinte of Torquere Press). (Thanks veinglory! It really was a huge help)

I am in the final draft stages of a WiP. Sending it to betas and critique soon.

I have another WiP in the first draft stage. I'm about 10,000 words from finishing it and starting the second draft.

arrowqueen
05-27-2005, 02:34 AM
My 'Saxon Slave' comes out on Saturday. (A fact which I shall inflict on the board via the Bragging thread.)

Mind you, I think it might be another month before it reaches the States.

sunandshadow
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm trying to get the plot outline for my m/m, m/m sff romantica novel Learning To Kiss Dragons finalized so I can finally start writing the damn thing (it's been stuck in the concept stage for 2 years now :( ).

veinglory
05-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Definitely time to start writing then! M/M is a hot sub-genre, and I'm not just saying that because I write it ;)

gina
05-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I am working one MM WIP that is looking to be a novella. I think it'll end up around 15,000 words. Maybe more. Maybe less. We'll see how long it takes to tell the story. Also working on a few MM flash shorts that I'm sending to out to various contests in the coming week. Shelved a MF erotic romance to work on later.

S.Anders
05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
My advice DON'T ever do sequels! Unless maybe you write them right after the the first one and not a year later. I am stuck writing sequels to two of them and I feel the pressure now to make them as good as the first parts. Both M/F erotic adventure and they'll never be as good as the first two.

:) S.Anders

veinglory
05-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Well I have just sent my latest novella to the epublisher. Hope they like it. It is a sequel to what was meant to be a stand alone short story that was part of a st Patrick's day promotion. However my editor decided it was more of a prologue. It was probably the first longish story I 'made' myself write. I was a bit worried but my beta-readers seem to have liked it.

So that's one submitted and one awaiting editing at Loose-Id. I think it may be time to diversify a little and try a different market. I like Loose a lot but a saying about eggs and baskests is haunting me ;)

Deanna Lee
06-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Okay---

I'm finishing up Blood Moon, the second book in the Kyra Moray series that I started at www.loose-id.com (http://www.loose-id.com)

I've plotted 2 novella's for an anthology with Sable Grey, a werewolf book that will be off to my agent hopefully by August, and I should be starting edits on The Fathoms Below this month (my first fantasy).

I also have about 20 other projects in various plot stages-- but I'll spare you guys that mess. LOL.

arrowqueen
06-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Wd, everyone - and good luck with your projects.

pepperlandgirl
06-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Well for good or bad, I just submitted "California Stars" to Liquid Silver Books and Venus Press.

Now the wait begins.

veinglory
06-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Best of luck. I'm waiting on a Venus sub too.

pepperlandgirl
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I sent a query and synopsis to Whiskey Creek Press tonight in response to their "Twisted Fairy Tales" submissions call. I really hope they don't take forever to get back to me, but either way, I start the next MS tomorrow.

veinglory
06-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Congratulations! (and good luck!)

pepperlandgirl
06-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Whiskey Creek has already requested the MS! I just emailed it! WOO!

arrowqueen
06-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Congrats, Pepper. Well done!

veinglory
06-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Perhaps a good idea to check out what it says about Whiskey on the Bewares board too?

pepperlandgirl
06-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Are you just be cautious or have you heard something? They look like a standard e-publisher to me.

pepperlandgirl
06-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Ha! One week later, I have signed the contract with Whiskey Creek Press for The Highwayman Revisited! WOOHOO!!

Senta
06-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I am writing a cross over novel - erotica and literature.
very little 'non-sex' plot, plot progresses through sex. which means that the sex is not standardised 'happy' all the time, it goes through all the emotional permutations that other states of life go through

has anyone here experience of selling this kind of novel?

Writer2011
06-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Well to be quite honest i've never written erotica...However I would be willing for someone who has written it to read what I have written...see if it's any good :)

Bill

pepperlandgirl
06-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I am writing a cross over novel - erotica and literature.
very little 'non-sex' plot, plot progresses through sex. which means that the sex is not standardised 'happy' all the time, it goes through all the emotional permutations that other states of life go through

has anyone here experience of selling this kind of novel?

I have experience trying and failing. But, to be fair, I haven't tried that hard because it's my baby and I'm a coward.

EmmaMac
06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
I need to start cracking the whip on myself to get writing. I have a short story I'd like to finish for tit-elation, and a novella I also need to finish. Unfortunately, I've gotten lazy about my erotica because I've been contracting for someone to do some copywriting. Ergh.

And congratulations, pepperlandgirl, on your recent contract!

annalee
06-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi, I just found this forum today. Actually what is up in writing is for my sensual romance writing. But I'm known to write some spicier stuff too. So I thought I'd check in this area of the forum.

I recognize Veinglory from other places here and there.
Today I'm just having some fun looking at the little emoticons too. :banana:

veinglory
06-25-2005, 12:50 AM
You can add even more smileys by using http://www.bestsmileys.com

...and hi!

iasomie
06-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone! Heh, what am I up to? Slogging through a ghost story. It's my first real attempt at playing with ghosts, so this should be interesting. Other than that, working sporadically on the sequel to my recently-submitted novel.

-Kay

veinglory
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey... I store you in the ERWF mental file box--now you're confusing me!

p.s. The magician eh?

iasomie
06-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Isn't that what I do best? *grins*

Yup, the mage... what better one for me, eh? ;) Might eventually change to my beloved Sephi though...