And to top it all off...

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Some of you know I was having a crap day yesday; everything I did seemed to be wrong, so I got hubby to take me to my favourite haunt in London this evening, Canary Wharf.

We stopped off at McD's, which is nestled just underneath C.W. No, no, we never eat there, we like their coffee. We used to sit outside, on their benches, rain or shine, to drink our coffee and have a fag. But the last time we sat outside there, we noticed a gun shot hole in the window pane right above where we usually sit, so we decided we'd take our drinks elsewhere.

The people in McD's were too tight to put the coffees into the cardboard holders, so I was holding onto them for the 1 minute ride to the back road behind C.W. All the while I'm saying how hot the cups were and that they actually smelled like they were melting.
Hubby takes his out of my hand, and mine decides to cave in, covering my hands, my lap, my legs and my feet with scalding hot coffee, some of it even splashed onto my face. It hurt so much I was screaming and crying. Hubby gets the water he keeps to top the car up and pours it over my hands, which is what hurt the most. That's all over. Then blow me if on the way home, via the M25, we only go and get a puncture on the back wheel. So hubby has to find a safe-ish spot, just near the M40 where the motorway maintance people store their stuff, and change the tyre.

I'm sure yesterdaywas Friday the 13th :D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering where my usual luck went. Sorry it found you.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, that's awful, Samantha. I once had that with a cup of scalding tea and I had to fling it away from me because it was burning my hands, so I can relate. Sure sorry about the mishaps. Glad you're safe, though. ((((((HUGS))))))

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I like McD's food sadly ... Oh well its a occasional treat.... I hope you did put in a complaint about the coffee cups .. thats just crazy for them to melt like that!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
As for luck well......Almost lost my job due to reasons beyond my control, had two relationships end back to back because each guy was cheating on me, had a bad car accident that almost wrote my car off, and a close friend killed himself a couple weeks ago.. Lets just say I need a upswing in luck!

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
I reckon you should certainly complain to the management about the lack of service that caused this calamity. If only to get the satisfaction of seeing them pale at the words "legal advice".

Sounds like your poor car isn't in the best of health, either! You need to carry water in case it overheats? Then you get a flat on a motorway?

Sending big hugs to you!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I offer my sympathies and my usual reaction, which is not intended to be funny: May this be the worst day of your year.

Maryn, who's had days she'd gladly have traded

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Samantha... :Hug2:

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kindness everyone, and yes, today is decidedly better, and I haven't even accidentally upset anyone yet either. :D

I've found the headquarters addy for McD's on the net, and there's actually an email address for customer services, so I shall be emailing them later on.

Brainstorm, a deer tried to kill our car a couple of years ago. I usually cry if we run an animal over, but I didn't for him, he cost us a lot of money to put the car right and if my husband had been going any faster, I don't think we'd have been here to tell the tale.

Chevbrock. nah, there's nothing wrong with the car, my hubby is just one of those ready for all road/car problems that could crop up. He must have been a boy scout-Be prepared! :D

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
That's one bad day. I don't remember having such a string of misfortunes (there ya go, jinx :D ). Hope your hands and all are fine.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, what happened to your husband's coffee?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a terrible, awful, very bad day. Makes the first half of your day, the half you were trying to improve upon, sound like sunshine and fairies, don't it? :)

I hope your bad luck has used itself up.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Gawd knows? We usually have latte, but most of the time, at this establishment, they're too lazy to fill the milk up after the rush of the day's workers from Canary Wharf, so say the machine's broke etc. So we ended up with black coffees and my hubby filled his pockets up with those little milk cartons. The cups are made from some kind of lined cardboard, but they actually smelled of melting plastic. -- I know it wasn't me smelling of melted plastic, all of my bits are the real thing :D

What are those cups made of over there that they'd melt?

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Darzian, LOL :D I hope you haven't jinxed yourself. Yes, my hands are fine now, thank you, because of the freezing cold water my hubby had the sense to pour over them. They were sore until this morning, but I'm quite a quick healer and there's not a mark to be seen, thankfully.
My hubby drank his coffee, his was okay.

Thank you Regdog :Hug2:

CaroGirl, it's the worst day I can remember having for years. Yes, I can take the bit of putting up with people who seem like they have collective PMS, i can tell them where to get off. But I think the evening topped it off with total crap eh? :D

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Ow! What a crappy way to end a crappy day.

I love MacDonald's coffee, way better than Starbucks, but I wouldn't want to wear it.

Hope today has been better for you, missus.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, today has been a lot better, thank you :)

I like Costa coffee, but they're not open at that time of night, and I've never seen any of them near Canary Wharf. It's bottles of cold drink from now on though, I won't mind wearing that! :D

Ow! What a crappy way to end a crappy day.

I love MacDonald's coffee, way better than Starbucks, but I wouldn't want to wear it.

Hope today has been better for you, missus.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Shame you can't score 1/10th of the money the woman got here for clenching a cup of McD's coffe between her legs as she was driving. Ten million bucks for using her thighs as a cup holder.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
:D Old Hack, it seems like we all get these terrible days at times, doesn't it.

Wayne, I guess I'm not stupid enough to make big money out of hurting myself. I wonder if she called herself Singe-it afterwards and her hubby/boyfriend thought she was hot stuff? :D

James81 :D A fag over here is a cigarette, that's all, honest.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
:D Old Hack, it seems like we all get these terrible days at times, doesn't it.

Wayne, I guess I'm not stupid enough to make big money out of hurting myself. I wonder if she called herself Singe-it afterwards and her hubby/boyfriend thought she was hot stuff? :D

James81 :D A fag over here is a cigarette, that's all, honest.

Isn't it a bundle of sticks too?