PDA

View Full Version : I love being an uncle

seun
02-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Earlier today, my 15 year old niece updated her Facebook status to:

***** is at school :(

So I replied with a piss take rant about what was doing online when she was at school and how it was all different in my day. She LOL'ed (if that's a word) my reply and one of her little turd friends added a comment to me asking who I was in an aggressive manner.

My reply: I'm her uncle.

I resisted the urge to add If you have a problem, I'll happily squeeze all your spots until your head explodes.

Being an uncle is great. :D

Shadow_Ferret
02-11-2009, 06:35 PM
You can have my nieces and nephews, in that case. I think its a pain the arse.

seun
02-11-2009, 06:36 PM
You can have my nieces and nephews, in that case. I think its a pain the arse.

I don't like them at Christmas. ;)

Shadow_Ferret
02-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Or birthdays. Especially when one is a little selfish bitch in training.

melaniehoo
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm friends with my 15yo niece on facebook but so far she's pretty cool about me jumping into conversations. But if she wrote something from school I'd probably say the same thing that you did...

seun
02-11-2009, 06:49 PM
To be fair, the only reason we didn't go online when I was at school was because nobody knew what the internet was.

regdog
02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I love ny niece. We were singing Snoopy Come Home to each other on the phone the other night. :)

I would never want to be a parent, but being an aunt is great. Example-I buy my niece squeaky sneakers. They squeak with each step. They are the kind of things you can buy when you don't live with the kid :D

melaniehoo
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Seun, same here. :D Aren't cell phones banned during school hours? Or I suppose it could be from the computer lab.

seun
02-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Seun, same here. :D Aren't cell phones banned during school hours?

I imagine so, but then since when would stop the average 15 year old?

melaniehoo
02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
True, but that gives you reason to speak up, imo.

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I love the fact that you can drop a nephew off and go.

scarletpeaches
02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I would have added the bit about squeezing the spots.

But then, I have no limits when it comes to taking the piss. Especially out of some little Herbert who needs teaching a lesson.

seun
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I would have added the bit about squeezing the spots.

But then, I have no limits when it comes to taking the piss. Especially out of some little Herbert who needs teaching a lesson.

Really? :D

scarletpeaches
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Shut it, Baldy.

Libbie
02-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Earlier today, my 15 year old niece updated her Facebook status to:

***** is at school :(

So I replied with a piss take rant about what was doing online when she was at school and how it was all different in my day. She LOL'ed (if that's a word) my reply and one of her little turd friends added a comment to me asking who I was in an aggressive manner.

My reply: I'm her uncle.

I resisted the urge to add If you have a problem, I'll happily squeeze all your spots until your head explodes.

Being an uncle is great. :D

That is awesome.

I love being an auntie. My nephew turns one year old on the 16th of this month. I just love the little guy, but I can't wait until he's old enough to joke around with like you do with your niece.

I'm really close with all my aunts and uncles, and I have a lot of them. Uncles are the bomb. One of mine calls me "Tiger." No clue why.