Learning the craft of writing poetry.

chelle21

Banned
Reaction score
Website
home.bellsouth.net
I didn't see a post on learning the craft of writing poetry but I hope wordsoup doesn’t mind me posting this here since I couldn't find a place for it. I call myself a writer because I love writer and two weeks ago I sold two articles to Associated Content and I wanted to know can I consider myself a writer? I've been reading a lot of threads lately saying the only time you can consider yourself a writer, is when you sale a piece of your work, is that true? Well that is not why I'm posting this thread for. I never followed any guidelines to writing poetry but now and days I'm finding it hard to do I wanted to know how can you learn the right way of writing poetry? What is the right way? Is there a right way to write poetry? How can you truly learn the right way of writing poetry?

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Is there a right way to write poetry? How can you truly learn the right way of writing poetry?

read a lot of poetry, then read a lot of your soul.

that's really all there is to it. that said, some people can paint the mona lisa, some people can barely fingerpaint a stickman.

that's an intangible, and practice can only refine what talent you have. maybe it's cruel and unfair, but it's the way it is.