Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Let's say I'm moving and I might not have internet for weeks or even months. Let's say I'm waiting on over 60 editors, regarding requested partials and fulls for a number of books. What kind of message should I leave once (or before) I unplug, and how do I do it? I have an agent, so should I direct those editors to contact my agent, and list his email, in the message?

My landlord just lost our house to the mortage company, and I don't know where I'll land, or when I'll get hooked back up to DSL. But I want to keep those editors informed, especially if a contract comes through.

How would you do this?

Tri

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you using the ISP's default mailbox? Or something like Outlook on your own computer?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if this is a short-term thing, you can keep your ISP account. Be sure your default mailbox is the one provided by the ISP, then check your mail at a library (most have Internet access these days) or at a friend's house. Of course, this will mean you're paying for Internet service that you're not really using, but if it's only for a couple of weeks or a month, who cares.

Some ISP will let you keep your mailbox even after you close your account. For example, I still have an AOL mailbox even though I haven't use AOL in years. I rarely check it however.

I think that would work. It's 4:50 in the morning where I am and I've just got coffee so my brain may not be functioning fully just yet.

Who is your ISP?

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
What email service do you use? Your ISP's? Hotmail? Gmail?

One way is to have your email forwarded to an Internet email account, such as Gmail, which you can access anywhere in the world. Also, Gmail has "auto-reply" so you can set that up as well if you know you'll be off the grid for a while. If not, you will have to figure out which ISP you're using.

That's what I do (permanently) with my ISP and Hotmail accounts. I forward everything to a Gmail account and go from there. My iPhone can get and send email from Gmail, so I'm always connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.