PDA

View Full Version : What is NOT sexy?

veinglory
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
What do you see a lot in erotica and not like?

For me it is alpha males that cross over from commanding and forceful to just being a smug bastard. Anything along the lines of 'forced seduction' whether it is technically rape or not. ick.

mommie4a
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
This is extremely personal, in the sense that it's intimate and unique to each person (as opposed to just being private, for some).

Anytime the ebb and flow of the dance isn't mutual or consensual, I'm turned off, no matter what the techniques are that are being used.

MacAllister
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
This is extremely personal, in the sense that it's intimate and unique to each person BWAHHH!!! You aren't kidding! I just got rep points from a friend who was blown away that I even READ erotica--much less would comment!

:ROFL:

mommie4a
05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the smile and laugh! That's funny, Mac. What people don't know about other people...even the ones they think they know!

veinglory
05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
The dom/sub thing is interesting. I can read a certain amount of it, but would never consider it in real life.

MacAllister
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
I have a real life friend who is way into it--she's tried to explain the appeal, for her. I just don't get it.

Wired differently, I suppose.

arrowqueen
05-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Me neither. Doesn't stop me writing it though!

(Mind you, my poor brutalised heroine always gets her own back in the end.)

sunandshadow
05-27-2005, 06:46 AM
What always fails at being sexy is when there's description of the physical actions of sex but I have no idea what the characters are thinking.

mommie4a
05-27-2005, 04:47 PM
What always fails at being sexy is when there's description of the physical actions of sex but I have no idea what the characters are thinking.

Or physical actions are described and you can't figure out how they're humanly possible.

S.Anders
05-30-2005, 07:02 PM

I agree, I have read manuscripts where there is no motivation for the two characters to be having sex, so it is just blah, blah...insert Tab A into Tab B :faint:

I find one dimesional erotic stories a turn off. Things like when they get to the sex part, in the one paragraph about it, the most description is, "I ****ed her good from behind"

S.Anders