Small accomplishments

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was heartbroken when ECW Press rejected my first memoir, but today I got not only a request for it from Larsen Pomada Agency, I got a request for the second from Tim Seldes of Russell & volkening. Sure they're just requests, but it got me out of the dumps.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif
smiley-happy096.gif
poze.gif

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Requests are a definite step in the right direction! Best of luck to you!!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's awesome. 2 requests at once. Not a lot of people can say that. Good luck!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I have you guys to thank because I sent out the introduction that I posted in SYW. And if I can kick it up a notch I received another request for a proposal and sample chapters from Jake Elwell at Harold Ober Associates yesterday. Since I've been here my query and approach has improved greatly, and I thank you all for that.

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's definitely a step in the right direction. There are loads of people who would love to be in your shoes right now.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's definitely a step in the right direction. There are loads of people who would love to be in your shoes right now.

I know that. But as I've said, you guys are my direction. I couldn't get into those shoes without you. If I become rich and famous I'm going to jump up and down on Oprah's couch shouting out "AW Forever!" If I don't get on Oprah, I'll certainly include AW in an acknowledgement of some sort.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's such a lift to have requests like that. Not everyone gets them, so no matter what the outcome, continue to feel encouraged.

Best of luck! :banana: