PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious British commercial featuring Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for their road tax.

underthecity
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
This is a great commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXoUJN1O8i0) that was on British television reminding people to register for the road tax. (Maybe someone from England can tell us what that is?)

As far as I know, the original Chitty was used in the commercial.

If you love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as much as I do, you'll adore this spot.

No exceptions.

No excuses.

No escape.

Ha! Love it.

semilargeintestine
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
The "no escape" bit at the end made me laugh even more than the rest of the commercial. It brings it to an entirely different level, and reminds me of a funny pic I saw of an LAPD police cruiser that had been photoshopped to say "To punish and enslave..." rather than the standard motto.

dpaterso
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
That's the first time I've seen that ad. The musical jolliness is at odds with the punishments levied for the dreadful crime of not paying for the privilege of driving on the worst roads in Europe.

The Road Tax ad I saw featured a young couple watching in horror as their car was crushed by invisible forces. Because they didn't pay.

Leading to two conclusions:

1) Government ads are very sinister these days. (The ads to deter benefits/welfare cheats is like something out of V for Vendetta.)

2) Computers are bad when they're used to control and threaten people.

3) The people who dream up, and enforce, these processes are scummy bastards.

-Derek