PDA

View Full Version : what do you do nekkid - besides the obvious?

Mela
02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
OK, I've seen the headline on the MSN board all morning and finally said, I surrender - I have to read the story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29094739/?GT1=43001

But then I thought: maybe there's activities some AWers like to do naked? Write? sunbathe? wash the floor?

Me, I do nothing naked. I'm uncomfortable without clothes on accept in the shower and ... you know.
;))

scarletpeaches
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Bathe. That's it.

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I dance for my wife. Go ahead and laugh, but I've (Gasp) done it professionally.

quickWit
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I was going to say Yoga, but I generally have a headband on for that. :D

semilargeintestine
02-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Shower. I've done a naked run before, but I don't think I'd do that again.

scarletpeaches
02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Reason #3,245,294 why I love Aussies.

rhymegirl
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Exercise.

It helps you see your trouble spots.

Pagey's_Girl
02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Shower. That's it. There's one other thing I would do in the altogether, but that takes two...

quickWit
02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Shower. That's it. There's one other thing I would do in the altogether, but that takes two...

Tandem cycling?

CaroGirl
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not a nekkid person. Unless I'm washing myself, I have clothes on.

brokenfingers
02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
During the summer, I've spent whole days at a time naked. Eating, writing, watching TV, sleeping, hanging out etc. I've never had a problem with it and not one person has ever complained.

Shadow_Ferret
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't do anything naked.

I dance for my wife. Go ahead and laugh, but I've (Gasp) done it professionally.
You've danced professionally for your wife? That's so... weird.

scarletpeaches
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
During the summer, I've spent whole days at a time naked. Eating, writing, watching TV, sleeping, hanging out etc. I've never had a problem with it and not one person has ever complained.

Because they were all struck blind, huh?

maestrowork
02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
A. Regarding the MSN article, nudism is not immoral. And please, lay off the "protect the children" crap. There's nothing wrong with nakedness -- we were all born naked anyway.

B. I've done nudist stuff. Skinny dipping is really great. Hiking, sailing, yoga, volleyball, etc. (make sure you have sunblocks, though). A friend of mine and his wife parachute every year, naked, into a nudist colony -- I doubt I'd ever do that, though.

C. I'm usually naked at home, or very scantily dressed. No one is going to complain around here. ;) I'm absolutely not ashamed of my body.

brainstorm77
02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Not so much naked but I do do topless around the house alot in summer.

NeuroFizz
02-09-2009, 10:52 PM

Particularly if she only tips dollar bills (and makes him pick them up without using his hands).

James81
02-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

scarletpeaches
02-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I just wet myself laughing.

CaroGirl
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
A friend of mine and his wife parachute every year, naked, into a nudist colony -- I doubt I'd ever do that, though.
Oh man! As someone who's worn a parachute harness and knows how it fits and where it goes, that's just...ugh. Ew. Eesh. Talk about chafing where the sun don't shine!

rhymegirl

What about the mailman or UPS guy?

Williebee
Wave at the church goers across the street.

Shadow_Ferret
Police succeeded in catching a naked hiker red-handed...

You know, there's so many places you can go with that thought.

scarletpeaches
...A friend of mine and his wife parachute every year, naked, into a nudist colony -- I doubt I'd ever do that, though...

You just reminded me of a video I have on my laptop...

maestrowork
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM

They liked it.

Mela
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
being out in the sun naked - that would be tough
there's certain places on the body that would need an awful lot of sunblock because getting sunburn in that area ...
oh, must i go on?

maxmordon
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm never naked, I even take showers with my underpants until fairly recently

quickWit
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

They had their uniforms on.

Don't look now...but someone's fantasy is showing. :D

brokenfingers
02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
What about the mailman or UPS guy?They put the mail in my mailbox or leave packages at my door, though it isn't like I'm averse to putting on a pair of sweats to answer the door.

Years ago, I was known among my friends for stripping on a dare in bars when drunk. I also have streaked a couple of times during large events.

semilargeintestine
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Reason #3,245,294 why I love Aussies.

Not everyone loves a streaker...

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/drmg01/wbCRICsymonds2_narrowweb__300x4070.jpg
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/drmg01/wbCRICsymonds2_narrowweb__300x4070.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 11:14 PM

You have to earn your allowance around this house.

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

Pics?

maestrowork
02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Pics?

I don't think so.

Cranky
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Bathe, shower, the wink-wink, and sleeping. I wear pajamas before I go to bed and in the morning, but I can't stand sleeping in them. They twist around me, pants legs get shoved up around my knees...it's aggravating.

James81
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Tonight, I think I'm going to try sleeping naked.

rhymegirl
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
... though it isn't like I'm averse to putting on a pair of sweats to answer the door.

Thank goodness for those little Girl Scouts selling cookies.

Cranky
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Tonight, I think I'm going to try sleeping naked.

Everybody should, dammit! :D

James81
02-09-2009, 11:43 PM

Word.

Hey, if you ever want to try and are too scared to do it alone, let me know.

Cranky
02-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks, but I already have lotsa company from the DH. He beats up the monsters in my closet, so I have no worries. :D

scarletpeaches
02-09-2009, 11:49 PM

In Scotland? In February? Even with the central heating on = brrr!

Cranky
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Okay. You're allowed to wear socks, then, I guess. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-09-2009, 11:56 PM

Pics?

scarletpeaches
02-10-2009, 12:00 AM
No.

Please, no pics.

Shadow_Ferret
02-10-2009, 12:09 AM
You still do, even with kids? That's when I stopped.

Cranky
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, all my kiddos sleep in their own rooms now, and if they ever sleep with us for some reason, then yes, I do wear pajamas.

Other than that, I am usually the one to wake them in the mornings, so it's not a problem. I keep my jammies on my bedside table so I can throw them on quickly if there's a problem in the middle of the night.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-10-2009, 12:14 AM
No.

Please, no pics.

But... but... he said he was a pro!

Feiss
02-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Once i get in my house, it's pretty much naked time. Naked cooking, naked cat chasing, I'm naked when I'm on AW, naked watching TV, naked wrestling w/ the BF (different from sex, btw, we're clothed for that), etc.

Shadow_Ferret
02-10-2009, 12:15 AM
So, you don't have any "DADDY!" run down in the middle of the night emergencies? (In your case it would be "MOMMY!")

I'd rather not run around the house nude and run into a doorknob. Or take precious few minutes to find something to put on.

Cranky
02-10-2009, 12:16 AM
So, you don't have any "DADDY!" run down in the middle of the night emergencies? (In your case it would be "MOMMY!")

I'd rather not run around the house nude and run into a doorknob.

That's why I keep my jammies on the bedside table, so I can just throw them on. Or yeah, Daddy can help them while I get dressed, too, since all he has to do is throw on some shorts, which he also keeps on HIS nighttable.

ETA: Though to be honest, we almost never have a problem like that after we're in bed for the night. They go to bed pretty early, so if they wake up with a bad dream or something, it's usually around 11pm or so, when we're still awake.

Atlantis
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Once when no one was home I went into the backyard and brought the washing in naked. I have a nosy old man for a neighbour. My parents were horrified that he might've caught a glimpse. lol. I've been known to sit on my bed naked and play video games, watch tv, talk on the phone, but not often. Its a dangerous habit in my house. My dad has a habit of walking into my room without knocking.

Mr Flibble
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Not naked, but I do have a tendency to wander round with nowt but my knickers on ( embarrassing when your mates are staying on the sofa, and I forget in the middle of the night when I need a pee...) And as for sparing the children? Lol, when my kids were smaller it was a job getting them to keep their clothes on. And at least neither of them is hung up on their bodies - when my daughters schoolmates are all 'I'm fat' 'I'm on a diet' - at 8 godsdammit!, - she sits there and says 'I'm just right aren't I mummy?'

Cranky
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Not naked, but I do have a tendency to wander round with nowt but my knickers on ( embarrassing when your mates are staying on the sofa, and I forget in the middle of the night when I need a pee...) And as for sparing the children? Lol, when my kids were smaller it was a job getting them to keep their clothes on. And at least neither of them is hung up on their bodies - when my daughters schoolmates are all 'I'm fat' 'I'm on a diet' - at 8 godsdammit!, - she sits there and says 'I'm just right aren't I mummy?'

Ha! My Jason strips his clothes off as soon as he comes home from preschool. Diaper off and everything, he'll take off running out the door to the yard. Shocking the neighbor girls, I tell ya. :roll:

Shadow_Ferret
02-10-2009, 01:04 AM
ETA: Though to be honest, we almost never have a problem like that after we're in bed for the night. They go to bed pretty early, so if they wake up with a bad dream or something, it's usually around 11pm or so, when we're still awake.
Lucky you. Wish I had time cooperative children like that.

Cranky
02-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Lucky you. Wish I had time cooperative children like that.

It's taken years. Jason used to be up from 11pm to 6am every night, so I feel your pain. :Hug2:

maxmordon
02-10-2009, 01:10 AM
I usually go around in a short and a wifebeater. Got the habit of using a wifebeater or a white undershirt under my regular shirt, mom jokes around that I seem to have an uniform. I think I have a problem with nudity... I don't even feel comfortable shirtless...

Susie
02-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Eat chocolate. :)

P.H.Delarran
02-10-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm with Rhymegirl-I prefer to exercise naked. usually I crank the tunes then clean my master bedroom in just undies and continue to work out in front of a full length mirror. kinda depressing but also motivating.

semilargeintestine
02-10-2009, 02:11 AM
I don't like to even walk fast in the nude. Things flap around.

Shadow_Ferret
02-10-2009, 02:13 AM
It's taken years. Jason used to be up from 11pm to 6am every night, so I feel your pain. :Hug2:
Oh, they're well past that stage (thank god! They were both colicky), but sometimes the younger one still has nightmares at inconvenient hours.

Serenity
02-10-2009, 03:14 AM

I can't, unless I'm not alone. I just need to have something next to my body/skin in order to sleep comfortably. It's pretty much the shower or the obvious for me.

Or if someone asked *REALLY* nicely-- and bought me flowers and stuff. :D

Clair Dickson
02-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Since I'm perpetually chilled and spend most of my time in pants, shirt, sweater, with blanket, I tend to minimize nekkid time. Hubby doesn't mind... one doesn't have to get completely nekkid for hanky panky.

Cranky
02-10-2009, 06:30 AM
I can't, unless I'm not alone. I just need to have something next to my body/skin in order to sleep comfortably. It's pretty much the shower or the obvious for me.

Or if someone asked *REALLY* nicely-- and bought me flowers and stuff. :D

I can understand that...I have to have at least a sheet to sleep, no matter how hot it is. :)

Wayne K
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
I drive nekid. I can keep both hands on the wheel and still honk the horn.

Stlight
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Warning to guys, be certain you know where the cats are when you are going nekkid.

just saying.

Cassiopeia
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.James, I love ya but man, that's more than I wanted to know about you. ;)

For me, bathing, shower, moonlit skinny dipping.

Wayne K
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I did the Terminator crouch thing this morning and found a quarter. I'm halfway to a snickers bad.

AmandaAcidic
02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I've gone streaking and skinny dipping a few times each, but I also do mundane things naked.
If I know my roommates aren't going to be home till late, I walk around the house, clean, and do laundry naked.
When they are home and I'm confined to my room, Im usually clothesless. I sleep in the nude, along with read, write, watch movies, do homework, surf the net, and come on AW naked frequently. I don't enjoy be dressed when I'm at home.

JoeEkaitis
02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I have loaded the washer wearing nothing but a smile and my glasses, hoping and praying my wife didn't come home at that exact moment and open the garage door.

Libbie
02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Because of the weight of my prodigious bosom, I do nothing naked but shower and THE DEED. Good, supportive bras are my best friends.

DL Hegel
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
housework, cooking and laundry:)